Windows 10: sleep

Discus and support sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; asus doesn't sleep after set time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep/718d7051-c9de-4aeb-8736-b9afdba23dc6 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dougharpham1, Jan 11, 2019.

1. sleep

asus doesn't sleep after set time

:)

dougharpham1, Jan 11, 2019

2. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 11, 2019
  4. sleep

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

sleep

1. sleep - Similar Threads - sleep

2. Alienware 17 R4 wont wake up from sleep/standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alienware 17 R4 wont wake up from sleep/standby: This issue has happened on every desktop/laptop ive owned from custom build to name brand why isnt microsoft dealing with this issue, their are 1000's of people with this concern who have this very same problem, i would want my Alienware 17 r4 to sleep then when i open the...
  3. Brother DCP 1610W nOT RESPONDING TO PRINT REQUEST. IT INDICATES DEEP SLEEP?

Brother DCP 1610W nOT RESPONDING TO PRINT REQUEST. IT INDICATES DEEP SLEEP?: Brother DCP 1610W Prints out test page but indicates DEEP SLEEP and does not respond to computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-dcp-1610w-not-responding-to-print-request/3ca1c0de-ab59-4b8c-9543-885da52995e4
  4. / on keypad causes laptop to go to sleep

/ on keypad causes laptop to go to sleep: My Dell Latitude with Windows 10 started going to sleep seemingly randomly on me last week. I finally narrowed it down to the backslash / key on my keypad. Did I accidently create a shortcut?! How do I turn this off!?!?...
  5. touch screen drivers disappear after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touch screen drivers disappear after sleep mode: Hi, I recently received a brand new Asus n580vd laptop with a touch screen. Since receiving it, I just installed the offered windows updates, downloaded some third party known apps (Spotify, Whatsapp.. nothing crazy) and copied my personal files. I noticed lately that...
  6. Awake from Sleep Issue - Dell Vostro 3670; Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Awake from Sleep Issue - Dell Vostro 3670; Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit: Dell Vostro 3670; Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. When waking from sleep mode computer is in some sort of search loop (appears to be Bing) - it does not do this after shutdown and restart. The way I found to get it out of the search loop is to open Settings from the Start Menu and...
  7. Windows 10 wake up from sleep automatically

Windows 10 wake up from sleep automatically: Windows 10 wakes up from sleep automatically...i changed the option in sign in options to PC wakes from sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wake-up-from-sleep-automatically/38e1faf4-90b2-415d-830d-d6d266b326dd
  8. No option to enable sleep on windows 10

No option to enable sleep on windows 10: recently got a dell optiplex (with win 7) for the time being (mostly for its budget 1080p gaming). Once I received it, I installed my own gpu (GT 1030), network adapter, and new psu (EVGA 400w). I booted the computer up and upgraded it straight to windows 10 without doing...
  9. Windows resizing and relocating after sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows resizing and relocating after sleep: Following the major update that was applied on my PC on 19 Jan 2019 (build 10.0.17763), when my PC wakes up from sleep or even from the display just turning off and I click on apps that are minimized in the taskbar, the app windows are resized and snap to the upper left...
  10. Wireless and bluetooth adapters disabled after return from sleep mode, return after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless and bluetooth adapters disabled after return from sleep mode, return after reboot: That's what happens to me sometimes (like once in a week or two) in my machine (Lenovo Yoga 510 notebook with Windows 10). I close the lid, and when I reopen it, no wireless networks are available, despite several networks being in range (my phone stays connected the whole...