Windows 10: Sleep

Discus and support Sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 is going into sleep mode every third or fourth time I press the "Delete" key, especially while using Google Drive, and Word/Excel. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KyleChristian1, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Sleep

Windows 10 is going into sleep mode every third or fourth time I press the "Delete" key, especially while using Google Drive, and Word/Excel.

I have changed my sleep settings to "Never," as well as a number of other solutions I found on forums, yet nothing has worked.

Any advice Microsoft?

:)

KyleChristian1, Apr 14, 2019

2. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Sleep

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Sleep

1. Sleep - Similar Threads - Sleep

2. PC got sluggish after coming out from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC got sluggish after coming out from sleep mode: HI Support team, I believe this has been an ongoing issue for years and every time you guys just give workaround or j grab some KB articles from your sharepoint or confluence, and send it to us. PLEASE bring this issue to an upper level. it is not about driver update or...
  3. Controller goes to sleep (WINDOWS 10)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Controller goes to sleep (WINDOWS 10): I have a question about the xbox one controller after so many times of turning on and it connecting to my labtop I've noticed it will continue blinking but will not reconnect at all I've had to to unpair and pair to get it to work again is there any buttons on the controller...
  4. SB2 13" i7 refuses to hibernate after sleep even after reset

in Windows 10 Support
    SB2 13" i7 refuses to hibernate after sleep even after reset: This is a wierd one, any help much appreciated. Recently my surfacebook 2 just stopped hibernating automatically after sleep. I have it set to sleep for 4 hours and then hibernate. I`ve tried changing the hibernate settings in advanced power options, but nothing has an...
  5. Windows update shows stopping and will not stop, not allowing updates or sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update shows stopping and will not stop, not allowing updates or sleep mode: I have tried remote acces via Microsoft but was sent here as I was told that I was running an insider program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-shows-stopping-and-will-not-stop/496d67ef-9e9e-4a66-a642-4755852e5475
  6. PC will not always transition properly from sleep to hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC will not always transition properly from sleep to hibernate: Hello, I am trying to troubleshoot an issue where my laptop will not properly transition from sleep to hibernate mode automatically. The Hibernate function itself works just fine - I can activate it from the Start menu successfully. Also, it seems there is a relation to how...
  7. Windows computer shuts down instead of Sleep

in Windows 10 News
    Windows computer shuts down instead of Sleep: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 is an operating system that is packed with a ton of features. Many of the features are related to turning off computers in different states so that power can be saved at different levels. It lists out as [...] This post Windows computer shuts down...
  8. Windows won't go to sleep

Windows won't go to sleep: I can't put Windows to sleep when it is plugged in. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wont-go-to-sleep/aea50df6-525b-4928-afe3-3dc364326fea
  9. Windows 10 asking for password instead of PIN after waking from sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 asking for password instead of PIN after waking from sleep: I have set up a pin, when I start or restart the laptop, windows 10 asks for the pin, however when the laptop wakes from sleep, it asks for the pin. How can I set it to also ask for the pin after waking from sleep?...
  10. Windows 10 randomly closes programs on sleep

Windows 10 randomly closes programs on sleep: Hi, I have a brand new HP laptop with Windows 10 installed. This is my first experience with Win 10. Since day one I've noticed that on occasion the computer will awaken after sleeping and some or all of my open programs will have been closed. This includes Google Chrome,...