Windows 10: Sleep

Discus and support Sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, i recently updated my windows 10 and now when i connect my power cable, my PC goes to sleep. This was not like that previously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TetteyCommey, Nov 21, 2020 at 9:47 PM.

1. Sleep

Hi, i recently updated my windows 10 and now when i connect my power cable, my PC goes to sleep. This was not like that previously

:)

TetteyCommey, Nov 21, 2020 at 9:47 PM

2. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 21, 2020 at 9:49 PM
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

4. Sleep

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Thema:

Sleep

1. Sleep - Similar Threads - Sleep

2. Had BSOD coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Had BSOD coming out of sleep mode: Hi all came home from work , opened laptop hit space bar and was faced with the dreaded stop screen happened so fast did not even get a chance to see it. not sure maybe this could be due to a firmware update on my crucial ssd there trying to fix the overtemp error crap with...
  3. USB Mouse and Keyboard not working after waking PC from sleep, forced to power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB Mouse and Keyboard not working after waking PC from sleep, forced to power button: Hello, Twice within the past week when I go to wake my computer from sleep mode I usually wake the pc with the power button on the case, my mouse and keyboard are unresponsive. The mouse will have its rgb on and the keyboard will not but has a light on for num lock....
  4. Brightness not coming back after sleep mode

Brightness not coming back after sleep mode: I recently updated the internal hard drive on my laptop that runs windows 10. Since then when the computer goes into sleep mode and I go to use it again, the screen is very dark and it will not brighten unless I turn it off and then back on. I have updated the Radeon driver...
  5. When I wake up my laptop from hibernation/sleep then it would restart and say repairing...

When I wake up my laptop from hibernation/sleep then it would restart and say repairing...: So basically whenever I want to wake up my Lenovo z570, it would start the process of waking up but then suddenly it just gets stuck on a black screen and restarts. While restarting it would say repairing the disk. After disk repair is done, it would work normally until I put...
  6. Screen won't turn on after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen won't turn on after sleep: This problem has been around for quite sometime now, don't know when exactly it started. But whenever the laptop goes to sleep, then I press any button to wake it up, only the little led at the bottom turn on, but the screen stays black. What can I try to fix it? Thanks 169012
  7. Computer comes right back on after putting into sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer comes right back on after putting into sleep mode.: When I put my computer into sleep mode, it will shut down and a few seconds later will click on and wake back up without me initiating anything. It will stay running for a bit, go off into sleep mode, then a few seconds later will click and come back awake. I’m not sure if...
  8. Laptop can't go to sleep mode, instead just shut itself off after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop can't go to sleep mode, instead just shut itself off after a few minutes: It started when it takes super long to shutdown. I made sure nothing was running before shutting down and it still takes too long, the screen is off but the actual laptop itself isn't.. But this was fixed by disabling fast startup. Now it does the same on sleep mode. Screen...
  9. Surface pro 3 OS win 10 not going to Sleep.

Surface pro 3 OS win 10 not going to Sleep.: We are using surface pro 3 with windows 10 OS. surface device not going to sleep when i apply sleep command from Start ->Power -> Sleep. after apply sleep command only PC get locked but not going to sleep. as we checked if we restart OS and then try to sleep without user...
  10. Laptop Booting After Waking Up from Standby Mode Sleep/Hibernate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Booting After Waking Up from Standby Mode Sleep/Hibernate: This is the problem, when I sleep/hibernate my device, all the systems are turned off, and when I wake it up from sleep/hibernate my device is restarting booting and I have to log in again and all my apps I opened before are closed. I've tried everything on internet but...