Windows 10: Sleep

Discus and support Sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, i recently updated my windows 10 and now when i connect my power cable, my PC goes to sleep. This was not like that previously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TetteyCommey, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Sleep

Hi, i recently updated my windows 10 and now when i connect my power cable, my PC goes to sleep. This was not like that previously

:)

TetteyCommey, Nov 21, 2020

2. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Sleep

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Sleep

1. Sleep - Similar Threads - Sleep

2. will not go to sleep even though it did before

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    will not go to sleep even though it did before: My computer will not hibernate even though it did before. I have not changed anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-go-to-sleep-even-though-it-did-before/31f4b1cb-71d2-49e0-ac44-fa67e33ee429
  3. Computer fails to sleep

Computer fails to sleep: Windows 10 Home 64 bit Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 Last update Version 20H2 When is Microsoft going to fix problem with - Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\MoUsoCoreWorker.exe USO Worker - interfering with sleep function? When this appears in powercfg...
  4. PC Automatically setting my audio to sleep after 3 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Automatically setting my audio to sleep after 3 minutes: Dear All, I'm using Bose external speakers connected to my PC and when I'm not listening to anything on my computer It automatically puts the audio speakers to sleep and I have to tap the "On" button again when I want to listen to music. This sounds like no big deal but its...
  5. External Monitor wont wake from sleep, laptop lid closed.

External Monitor wont wake from sleep, laptop lid closed.: Hi All, I have a setup where I have my laptop on Windows 10 connected through USB C onto a DP port of an external monitor. I keep the lid of the laptop closed Action when Lid is closed is set to nothing already. So essentially the only screen I have is the external monitor....
  6. Not downloading while sleeps.

Not downloading while sleeps.: My downloads continues when my laptop is open. But when i go to sleep mode my downloads became pause. I have changed my power plan settings,also changed additional power settings.But nothing working !!!...
  7. So when my computer goes into sleep mode it does this annoying flashing thing which looks...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So when my computer goes into sleep mode it does this annoying flashing thing which looks...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Alexx_0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k5oqb3/so_when_my_computer_goes_into_sleep_mode_it_does/
  8. Edifier G4 Pro Headset software not storing LED state after sleep/restart

Edifier G4 Pro Headset software not storing LED state after sleep/restart: Headset: Edifier G4 Pro Software: Edifier Gaming Center So, sometime after I bought it, the RGB LED started to reset to factory color after restart or long sleep/suspension. Tried Edifier support, but they were of no help. Everytime I have to close the application, start...
  9. Windows 10 won't sleep.

Windows 10 won't sleep.: Installed a fresh copy of windows 10 on my legacy Z77/core i5 build and I can't for the life of me get sleep to work. I have searched high and low, wide and far for a solution. I have spent countless hours wracking my brain with no true answers. I'm using Windows 10 pro with...
  10. Windows 10 not resuming from Sleep Mode

Windows 10 not resuming from Sleep Mode: I have an Lenovo PC running Windows 10 successfully for many years. Recently going back 2 or 3 Windows updates ago, it stopped resuming from sleep mode by using my Space Bar. Now I have to restart Windows with the power button. I read many posted questions with similar...