Windows 10: Sleep

Discus and support Sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, i recently updated my windows 10 and now when i connect my power cable, my PC goes to sleep. This was not like that previously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TetteyCommey, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Sleep

Hi, i recently updated my windows 10 and now when i connect my power cable, my PC goes to sleep. This was not like that previously

:)

TetteyCommey, Nov 21, 2020

2. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Sleep

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Sleep

1. Sleep - Similar Threads - Sleep

2. Missing sleep settings and Cs Key

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing sleep settings and Cs Key: Hello, I first wanted to thank EVERYONE, especially the creator(s) of this forum. It really is far above the rest. This might be the only time I haven't been able to locate a solution on my own, using this forum. My issue is on my i9 XPS 15 7590. The sleep option is gone...
  3. Bluetooth mouse doesn't work unless sleep and restart are used

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth mouse doesn't work unless sleep and restart are used: I thought my Microsoft Bluetooth mouse wasn't working at all but discovered it will work if I either restart my computer or put it into sleep mode and then wake it back up. However, the mouse will never work if I just turn on the computer and try to use it without doing some...
  4. CPU clock speed runs at full frequency (3.5Ghz) whenever I restart/wake up from sleep mode...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU clock speed runs at full frequency (3.5Ghz) whenever I restart/wake up from sleep mode...: My current power plan is Balanced and already tried resetting the power options. As a side note, I also have Throttlestop and thought maybe this was the reason but I disabled it, restarted the laptop and problem persists. Not sure what's causing this considering CPU is at...
  5. Windows 10 -- non-primary monitors disconnect when in sleep mode

Windows 10 -- non-primary monitors disconnect when in sleep mode: When my laptop goes into sleep mode, it disconnects the monitors that I have connected. This takes everything and collapses it onto the primary laptop monitor. Is there any clear way to address this issue? Other posts that ask similar questions do not seem to lead to any...
  6. Asus Vivobook X507UF Laptop Windos 10 OS sleep mode problem

Asus Vivobook X507UF Laptop Windos 10 OS sleep mode problem: When i click "Sleep" from start menu to sleep my laptop then it turns to sleep but after a few moment itwake up automatically without any keypress or mouse vibration or mouse click. even if when i press fn + f1 / power button to sleep then i also face the sameproblem.that...
  7. laptop with window 10 sleep at battery 10%

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop with window 10 sleep at battery 10%: My window gave me popup massage low batter at 10% I want that msg popup at 20% of battery Can you help me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-with-window-10-sleep-at-battery-10/83608cb1-9ed4-43dc-852d-efc75e9ae751
  8. Computer Having problems waking from sleep as well as a phantom USB device? Please help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Having problems waking from sleep as well as a phantom USB device? Please help.: I have a PC that I built for myself and it has been great, I work in IT so most problems I am usually able to solve without any help, but this issue is making me pull my hair out. The first issue is that of a phantom USB controller? I have an error code 10 USB xHCI compliant...
  9. printer goes offline everytime laptop enters sleep

printer goes offline everytime laptop enters sleep: My HP printer goes offline every time the laptop enters sleep mode. I've run the HP Print & Scan Doctor any number of times and restarted the laptop as instructed. Sometimes it works to let me print one time - and then goes offline again. More annoying - in my Settings I...
  10. Why my laptop can't go to sleep mode sometimes and freeze

Why my laptop can't go to sleep mode sometimes and freeze: hello i have problems with my laptop it is working fine but if i let it alone and the screen sometimes goes black but it doesn't go in sleep mode and when i try to click a key on my keyboard it doesn't do anything and the led is on and i have to force shutdown it so i can...