Windows 10: Sleep

Discus and support Sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have changed my settings time after time to have my computer not go in sleep mode!! It keeps doing it and I can't wake it up unless I shut it off and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JohnKlooz, Jan 17, 2021.

1. JohnKlooz Win User

Sleep

I have changed my settings time after time to have my computer not go in sleep mode!! It keeps doing it and I can't wake it up unless I shut it off and then turn the computer back on. Please help?? Is it my mouse? is it windows? Brand new and this is

Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

JohnKlooz, Jan 17, 2021

2. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Sleep

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Sleep

1. Sleep - Similar Threads - Sleep

2. New Build windows 11 computer not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Build windows 11 computer not going to sleep: Windows 11 Pro AMD Radeon HD 6570 dual HDMI Intel 12th Gen i7-12700 3600 MHz CPU Gigabyte B760 Gaming AX Motherboard 64 GB Crucial DDR5 RAM 1TB Crucial NVMe SSD Realtek PCIe 2.5 GB Network adapter Corsair 175R ATX case My computer will not enter sleep mode. This computer is a...
  3. New Build windows 11 computer not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Build windows 11 computer not going to sleep: Windows 11 Pro AMD Radeon HD 6570 dual HDMI Intel 12th Gen i7-12700 3600 MHz CPU Gigabyte B760 Gaming AX Motherboard 64 GB Crucial DDR5 RAM 1TB Crucial NVMe SSD Realtek PCIe 2.5 GB Network adapter Corsair 175R ATX case My computer will not enter sleep mode. This computer is a...
  4. why does my ethernet turn off when in sleep and turned off im trying to get wol to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my ethernet turn off when in sleep and turned off im trying to get wol to work: so i have already tried turning off power savers and configured everything in bios for it to work but it just doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-ethernet-turn-off-when-in-sleep-and/22c0a483-c3cb-4c35-9fa9-947188297301
  5. why does my ethernet turn off when in sleep and turned off im trying to get wol to work

why does my ethernet turn off when in sleep and turned off im trying to get wol to work: so i have already tried turning off power savers and configured everything in bios for it to work but it just doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-ethernet-turn-off-when-in-sleep-and/22c0a483-c3cb-4c35-9fa9-947188297301
  6. why does my ethernet turn off when in sleep and turned off im trying to get wol to work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly: hello,So I have been having a strange problem. It doesn't happen ALOT but it does happen. Out of nowhere when I shut down the computer in Windows the screen will turn off but the computer will stay on. The keyboard lights and mouse lights go out. Pressing keys does nothing. I...
  8. Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly

Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly: hello,So I have been having a strange problem. It doesn't happen ALOT but it does happen. Out of nowhere when I shut down the computer in Windows the screen will turn off but the computer will stay on. The keyboard lights and mouse lights go out. Pressing keys does nothing. I...
  9. LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep: I am running Windows 11 Home version. Seems recently I cannot seem to get the laptop to wake from sleep mode without holding down the power button and restarting the laptop.This is a recent thing as last month, tapping the spacebar would always wake the laptop. I even went as...
  10. LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep

LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep: I am running Windows 11 Home version. Seems recently I cannot seem to get the laptop to wake from sleep mode without holding down the power button and restarting the laptop.This is a recent thing as last month, tapping the spacebar would always wake the laptop. I even went as...