Windows 10: sleep

Discus and support sleep in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer does not stay in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep/9292c695-0da5-4713-8136-1b1f43aea855 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LuigiTucci, Feb 23, 2021.

1. sleep

My computer does not stay in sleep mode

:)

LuigiTucci, Feb 23, 2021

2. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Feb 23, 2021
  4. sleep

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

sleep

1. sleep - Similar Threads - sleep

2. "Sleep" is shutting down pc.

in Windows 10 Support
    "Sleep" is shutting down pc.: my pc used to "go to sleep" without any issue. latly ive install my windows on protable ssd drive, and since then "Sleep" is shutting down pc. the option "sleep" is visible but i acutually turning of pc. what does this happen? is it related to the fact the the system is...
  3. Unable to access internet after resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access internet after resuming from sleep: Hello! I have an issue which seems similar to what several other people have reported, unfortunately none of the suggested solutions seems to work for me. In our household we a TP-Link Archer AX6000 router which provides internet access for several laptops, tablets and...
  4. Newer versions of Windows 10 will not idle, screensaver or go to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Newer versions of Windows 10 will not idle, screensaver or go to sleep: I am using Windows 10 Professional version 1803. If I update to the latest version, something about that prevents my computer from idling. As such, my screensaver and power options do not automatically activate. I have to use them manually and they only work when I do set...
  5. Windows 10 Won't Sleep. why?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Won't Sleep. why?: Windows 10 Won't Sleep. why? this started last month in february 2021 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-sleep-why/c241f8af-8e77-4aca-a8f6-f954760dfbba
  6. Desktop and laptop have trouble sleeping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop and laptop have trouble sleeping: I have a custom-built desktop PC that runs Windows 10 and it won't go to sleep consistently. Namely, when I click Sleep from the start menu, it'll go to sleep, then wake up 5 seconds later. Sending it to sleep the second time keeps it asleep. What's frustrating is, it'll...
  7. Power toys fancy zones loses zones after sleep

Power toys fancy zones loses zones after sleep: Whenever I come out of sleep mode, I have to drag the various Windows back into the zones that I originally set them in. Any solutions to this? Cheers submitted by /u/scrotimus-maximus [link] [comments]...
  8. HP Probook doesn't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Probook doesn't wake up from sleep: I have to keep rebooting it to open again. What's wrong with sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-probook-doesnt-wake-up-from-sleep/f27345ca-48b0-4278-b0ff-e462a4f426d7
  9. Networking seems to fail after windows wakes up from sleep.

Networking seems to fail after windows wakes up from sleep.: [ATTACH] Lately, this problem has been plaguing me. I do not know when it started as I don't usually leave my PC on for this long. I use ethernet and once I awake my PC from sleep, the network adapter immediately breaks. In the system tray, it becomes a globe with a cross...
  10. My pc is now wake up from sleep!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My pc is now wake up from sleep!: Hello, I'm facing a weird problem, My pc is now wake up from sleep! I need to unplug the power and turn pc by pressing power button again. Same things happens if I restart my pc. Thanks in advance. Pc Specs: CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600 RAM 12.0 Gig 8+4 GPU: 1050ti HDD: 3 Tb...