Windows 10: Sleeping and Hibernating with Issues and Erratic Behaviour

Discus and support Sleeping and Hibernating with Issues and Erratic Behaviour in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All or any of the following situations can happened when I try to put my computer either in sleep or hibernate mode. The computer seldom enters and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Neophile, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Neophile Win User

Sleeping and Hibernating with Issues and Erratic Behaviour

All or any of the following situations can happened when I try to put my computer either in sleep or hibernate mode.

• The computer seldom enters and stays in sleeping or hibernate mode until I awake it;
    • The computer enters in sleeping or hibernate, stays for from a few seconds to a few minutes, more frequently for a shorter time. Then, it awakes by itself.
    • The computer follows its way to sleep or hibernate (I can check by the way its lights flicker), but as soon as it gets to the end of de process, it awakes immediately (at this point, on hibernation, it also flickers the DVD light). This is the most frequent.

I scanned the file system sfc /scannow. On the first time it repaired some files, but not all. On the second pass the result was only Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. The log is here attached.

Then, I looked for sleeping anomalies using powercfg /SystemSleepDiagnostics. The log is also attached here.

All power related settings for sleep or hibernation respect the separation of at least one minute or more.

I am unable to repair whatever is wrong and should be very grateful for any help. This is a less than 3-week installation and I am not very used to tie OS. I Installed Win 10 a few years ago, but didnt like it and run back to Win 7. Now I am here again, and these issues started before 2 weeks after the installation.

There is also something strange with the mouse, but it is probably on itself: It is set for not awaking the computer, nut it does. So, before I put the computer to sleep I have to turn it off.

Windows Pro version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1110).

:)

Neophile, Oct 8, 2020
  2. Phillmont Win User

Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Surface Pro 3 - Erratic cursor and window behaviour

I experience intermittent erratic cursor behaviour on my Surface Pro 3. Any open windows also reduce in size and expand again. I keep the computer updated and have switched locations to avoid any external interference.

I've read various reports on Touchscreen drives and updates etc but nothing seems to cure this erratic behaviour. Any suggestions?

Joe McDonnell (joe), Oct 8, 2020
  4. Sleeping and Hibernating with Issues and Erratic Behaviour

Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Sleeping and Hibernating with Issues and Erratic Behaviour

1. Sleeping and Hibernating with Issues and Erratic Behaviour - Similar Threads - Sleeping Hibernating Issues

2. Sleep / Hibernate Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep / Hibernate Issues: Hi all - I have a new HP Spectre laptop and am having a strange issue. I have seen several others post on similar things but not exactly this one.I noticed that when I close the lid of my laptop it will not go into Sleep or Hibernate regardless of which setting I choose. Yes...
  3. Sleep and Hibernation Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep and Hibernation Issues: Hello,My Windows 11 PC closes all applications mimics a shutdown whenever I put my PC to sleep or hibernate for an extended period of time, typically over 3 hours....
  4. Hibernate/sleep issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate/sleep issue: Greeting all, ill try not to wast your time. every time i try to hibernate the computer/desktop, it turns back on.from what i know, yesterday it had a blue screen whilst it was going into hibernation turning it back on, though the problem didn't show up then, i did moved the...
  5. Hibernate/sleep issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hibernate/sleep issue: Greeting all, ill try not to wast your time. every time i try to hibernate the computer/desktop, it turns back on.from what i know, yesterday it had a blue screen whilst it was going into hibernation turning it back on, though the problem didn't show up then, i did moved the...
  6. Very strange behaviour with sleep and hibernate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very strange behaviour with sleep and hibernate: Hello everyone! I rarely use sleep or hibernate so I do not know when this problem was introduced but I first noted it earlier this week. If I put my computer to sleep it immediately wakes every time. Pretty odd, but even odder is the fact that according to powercfg /lastwake...
  7. Strange sleep/hibernate behaviour.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange sleep/hibernate behaviour.: Hi, I've just bought an HP Zbook Studio G7, and I'm having issues when I try to put the system to sleep using the 'sleep' key on a Logitech MX Keys Bluetooth keyboard. I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 2004. All drivers are up to date. When I press the sleep key on the...
  8. Erratic, jerky mouse behaviour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erratic, jerky mouse behaviour: I'm using a Microsoft Windows wireless mouse with a Surface Pro. It's behaved perfectly until recently, when it suddenly has become erratic and jerky so I have difficulty in selecting icons, text, etc. I have cleaned my mouse thoroughly, replaced the batteries, powered it...
  9. Windows Spotlight - Erratic Behaviour

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight - Erratic Behaviour: Rather than add to the very long discussion threads on the subject of Windows Spotlight, I'm starting another to ask others whether they are experiencing Spotlight behaving erratically of late. Following problems some time ago with Spotlight not downloading and showing new...
  10. Delete key erratic behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete key erratic behaviour: I am embarrassed to bring this up because win 10 is such an incredible and smooth experience with all the cortona stuff and your applications getting blocked by windows for your protection. I was on a night shift all alone and i was sort of half conscious installing my apps...