Windows 10: Sleeping issue of Windows

Discus and support Sleeping issue of Windows in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When using sleep mode on leaving the pc it often turns back on. I need fix on this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by maximillian_wisoky, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Sleeping issue of Windows

When using sleep mode on leaving the pc it often turns back on. I need fix on this.

:)

maximillian_wisoky, Sep 26, 2022

2. Sleep issues with Windows

Hi,

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that resolves the issue.

* Right-click on Start and Select Command Prompt (Admin)
    from context Menu

* Type or Copy/Paste the below commands into it and hit Enter key

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

• By executing this command, it will bring up all the device list that are configued to wake up your PC from sleep. Now it time to find the device which made you PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Go and execute second command
      now.
    powercfg /lastwake

• This will bring up the details of the device that made your PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Now go to the particular device properties and make changes accordingly to preventing that particular device to wake your PC from sleep.

Please get back to us with status so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 26, 2022
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Sleeping issue of Windows

Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

Sleeping issue of Windows

1. Sleeping issue of Windows - Similar Threads - Sleeping issue

2. Laptop Sleep Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Sleep Issue: Hi. I have to following issue: Sometimes, after my laptop goes into sleep mode and I try to wake it up to continue working, it freezes – The screen becomes all dark and it does not respond so that I am forced to restart my computer. How can I fix that?My laptop specs are:...
  3. Laptop Sleep Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Sleep Issue: Hi. I have to following issue: Sometimes, after my laptop goes into sleep mode and I try to wake it up to continue working, it freezes – The screen becomes all dark and it does not respond so that I am forced to restart my computer. How can I fix that?My laptop specs are:...
  4. BSOD sometimes but random restart with ntoskrnl.exe+d1d340 along with sleep/wake issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD sometimes but random restart with ntoskrnl.exe+d1d340 along with sleep/wake issues: I tried to wake up my system but for some reason I got a black screen then the system randomly rebooted and I lost all my work. My system also sometimes has random issues where the system will fail to wake up from sleep and see a pulsating power LED.Laptop is Lenovo Thinkpad...
  5. BSOD sometimes but random restart with ntoskrnl.exe+d1d340 along with sleep/wake issues

BSOD sometimes but random restart with ntoskrnl.exe+d1d340 along with sleep/wake issues: I tried to wake up my system but for some reason I got a black screen then the system randomly rebooted and I lost all my work. My system also sometimes has random issues where the system will fail to wake up from sleep and see a pulsating power LED.Laptop is Lenovo Thinkpad...
  6. Fix for "Microsoft wireless mouse not letting my computer go to sleep" issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix for "Microsoft wireless mouse not letting my computer go to sleep" issue: I was having the same issue as many people seem to, where a Microsoft Wireless mouse just refuses to allow a computer to go to sleep mode, even after disabling the "allow this device to wake the computer from sleep" function.After some fiddling, I finally figured out the...
  7. Fix for "Microsoft wireless mouse not letting my computer go to sleep" issue

Fix for "Microsoft wireless mouse not letting my computer go to sleep" issue: I was having the same issue as many people seem to, where a Microsoft Wireless mouse just refuses to allow a computer to go to sleep mode, even after disabling the "allow this device to wake the computer from sleep" function.After some fiddling, I finally figured out the...
  8. Restart and Sleep issues

Restart and Sleep issues: Hello, I have just installed the latest update of windows 11 just couple of days back....ever since my laptop has started encountering display when issues that the display doesn't gets on when laptop put to sleep...it wakes up but doesn't shows the display and same is the...
  9. Fix for "Microsoft wireless mouse not letting my computer go to sleep" issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Restart and Sleep issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart and Sleep issues: Hello, I have just installed the latest update of windows 11 just couple of days back....ever since my laptop has started encountering display when issues that the display doesn't gets on when laptop put to sleep...it wakes up but doesn't shows the display and same is the...