Windows 10: Sleeping issues and fast startup

Discus and support Sleeping issues and fast startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello. I have a problem that drives me nuts with my laptop. Here is the thing: About 3 weeks ago, Malwarebytes and a 4G dongle driver begins to not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by cool57, Jul 6, 2019.

1. cool57 Win User

Sleeping issues and fast startup

Hello.
    I have a problem that drives me nuts with my laptop.
    Here is the thing:

About 3 weeks ago, Malwarebytes and a 4G dongle driver begins to not load at startup with the fast startup enable in power settings in windows 10.
    I made some rechearch in some foruns and i realised if i turn off fast startup both of the programs load fine.
    I thought all is fine... but a new problem comes:
    After the change... the laptop sleep every 2 minutes no mather the settings i put in the power settings (120 minutes after goes to sleep).
    Soo...i made some rechearch about this new problem and i try the solution:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0 key. In the right pane, double-click the Attributes DWORD and change the value from 1 to 2."

After that, in power settings i change the time to sleep from 2 minuts (default) to 120 minutes, but no luck...the laptop goes to sleep every 2 minutes.

Resume: if i have fast startup enable....Malwarebytes and the other driver i said above dont load.
    if i have fast startup disable...the 2 programs load fine but the pc goes to sleep after 2 minutes.*Mad

Can anyone helps me *Wink

:)

cool57, Jul 6, 2019

2. Abnormal shutdowns with Fast Startup enabled

Hello - I recently (18/6/2018) set up a new laptop(Dell Vostro 5370) which for the most part is running well, but Reliability History shows frequent "Windows was not properly shut down" events, which a sleep study report from powercfg shows are associated
    with transitions into what the sleep study labels as "Shutdown (hybrid)". There are corresponding critical Kernel-Power event ID41 entries in Event Viewer. Turning off Fast Startup seems to work round the issue, but it would be good not to have to do this.
    As well as updating everything in sight I have tried the usual checks with DISM and sfc, and run the hardware checks in Dell's SupportAssist, but they show no problem. I have also run the Boot Performance (Fast Startup) assessment in the Windows Assessment
    Toolkit, but this just reports that it cannot complete the assessment owing to a system crash. Can anyone suggest any other troubleshooting steps, or remedies? Thanks...

Michael_A_P, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Problem With Fast Startup

Hi Anh,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Did you try to disable the Fast startup option and check to isolate the issue?

This issue may occur if you have change the power settings.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on When I press power button and choose from the drop down menu like Do nothing/shutdown/hibernate/sleep/Turn off display.
      (Which ever you prefer)

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Sleeping issues and fast startup

I have turned off fast startup and sleep mode

I recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 10, and now it won't shutdown properly.

I have turned off fast startup and sleep mode from power options.

Here is what happens:

• Start menu > Power > Shut down
    • It exits windows and apparently turns off (black screen)
    • The power lights are still on and my computer apparently doesn't shutdown.

Muhammad AleemHashmi, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Sleeping issues and fast startup

1. Sleeping issues and fast startup - Similar Threads - Sleeping issues fast

2. Fast Startup leads to audio/video issues in the Healthcare industry. Why is fast startup...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast Startup leads to audio/video issues in the Healthcare industry. Why is fast startup...: Dear Microsoft Team, I'm a Senior Technical Support Engineer at Teladoc Health, focused on network and security technologies essential for healthcare. I wish to highlight a critical issue with the Fast Startup feature in Windows 10 and newer versions, adversely affecting...
  3. Fast Startup leads to audio/video issues in the Healthcare industry. Why is fast startup...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast Startup leads to audio/video issues in the Healthcare industry. Why is fast startup...: Dear Microsoft Team, I'm a Senior Technical Support Engineer at Teladoc Health, focused on network and security technologies essential for healthcare. I wish to highlight a critical issue with the Fast Startup feature in Windows 10 and newer versions, adversely affecting...
  4. Fast Startup leads to audio/video issues in the Healthcare industry. Why is fast startup...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup: Why is my option to "Turn on fast startup" greyed out? [ATTACH] Pls Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-startup/4c05238b-43c2-4cc7-abff-f89aaf2795cd
  6. Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup: Okay so I figured out what's causing my computer to not fully shut down, and I'm cool with the whole fast startup feature but my problem with it is that I cant turn my computer back on when its in that mode, like I would have to hold the power button for it to fully shut...
  7. Freeze/BSOD after sleep and with fast startup enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze/BSOD after sleep and with fast startup enabled: Hey there! I have this strange problem since I have installed 2x8GB DDR3 memory on my Desktop computer. Sometimes when I start the computer with Fast Startup enabled I have BSOD with ... well you will see in the dmp files - DRIVER IRQ LESS OR EQUAL, NTSOKRNL or...
  8. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: Hi, does anyone know how to enable fast startup without enabling hibernation windows 10? Thank you 18351
  9. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: I tend to leave windows 10 mostly at default settings. So I keep fast start up enabled on my desktop. I do have an SSD but it is convenient and shaves a few seconds of reboot i guess. However I want to know whether it relies on a power source? What I mean by this is, is my pc...
  10. No fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    No fast startup: Hi i have looked in power settings and all i have is sleep and lock no fast startup box to tick i have looked in hiberboot enabled and it is set on (1) i do have 14393-222 build and i do not have any other problems with windows 10 just slow start up. Hp workstation 2tb hard...