Windows 10: Sleepless in Dexter (SID)

Discus and support Sleepless in Dexter (SID) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer (W10 64bit latest V1809) has lost it's SLEEP function/option. I've: troubleshot the power app Clicked on hidden power options DISM'd &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Dex1952, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Dex1952 Win User

Sleepless in Dexter (SID)

My computer (W10 64bit latest V1809) has lost it's SLEEP function/option.

I've:

• troubleshot the power app
    • Clicked on hidden power options
    • DISM'd & SFC Scannowed

I did have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 video card in it until recently. I suspected it of manifesting the Black SOD, after the computer was running for awhile, so I removed it. It is back to running the on chip AMD graphics. I no longer get the BlkSOD (so far), but there is no sleep option to be found anywhere. Power options only permit hibernation, do nothing, etc. Maybe the GT710 ran into the "missing sleep"?

I did try updating the GT710 drivers before removal. Those drivers remain in the computer, but the card was removed.

I've searched & found many similar complaints, but many were unresolved. :-(

Thanx for any help - Bob SID

:)

Dex1952, Apr 4, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Mystery SID. Help plz.

Open Command Prompt or PowerShell, enter command wmic useraccount get name,sid. This gives you a detailed list showing which SID belongs to which user account.

Kari, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Still not working

Hi Brink,

I am a Systems Engineer (entry-Level) and I am having this issue. I have followed all the steps that were listed, even created a new user account. This is for a customer. When I followed the steps, before creating a new user, i kept changing the path to point to the correct place. The second time, and following, I ended up getting the 2 SID's, one with the .bak. Followed the steps to delete the regular one and rename the .bak. restarted and still signs in as a temp profile. So I ended up cfreating a new user and still get the same Temp profile issue. Could you suggest something? Thanks.

deadlyspider, Apr 4, 2019
  4. 64K
    64K Win User

WINNER! Game Giveaway: Sid Meier's Starships

Not entering but wanted to share this with Devon68. Sid Meier is something of a legend in gaming. He has been involved to some extent in over 40 games over approximately 30 years. Here is a list of the games if you're interested in playing some

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sid_Meier

Thema:

1. Sleepless in Dexter (SID) - Similar Threads - Sleepless Dexter SID

2. What is this SID or user ? is this a virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is this SID or user ? is this a virus?: Hello,I just found out that i have a user name call S-1-5-21-357168193-1226460482-955065123-1001.i have never mad other user or deleted user before.i dont remember this user being here.or this is just normal thing for all the windows10 user.also exposing my user SID like on...
  3. SID info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SID info: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 home cleanly by formatting everything, and I logged in with a new user created for it. Now, going to a file, properties, security - it gives me users and groups 3 lines:SYSTEMS-1-5-21-538851902-18186xxxxxx-512xxxxx-1001 the x's are other...
  4. SID info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SID info: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 home cleanly by formatting everything, and I logged in with a new user created for it. Now, going to a file, properties, security - it gives me users and groups 3 lines:SYSTEMS-1-5-21-538851902-18186xxxxxx-512xxxxx-1001 the x's are other...
  5. SID info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. SID help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SID help: As the title goes, I need some help regarding SID. Long story short I'm running into an issue with SID being replicated across terminals when I deploy a hard drive image. How do I avoid SID replicating? I've successfully done this through sysprep, but for some reason it's...
  7. Application SID does not match Conductor SID.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application SID does not match Conductor SID.: I have a user who consistently has issue with start Cisco AnyConnect VPN application. The application will not launch. I checked the logs and saw this message in the Event Viewer. [ATTACH] Is this error revolving around permissions? Thanks for your assistance. ~...
  8. Dexter Lien

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dexter Lien: 1.windows image backup 2.U........windows image backup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dexter-lien/47766b79-f730-4ce3-a7d7-fdf2d7538a6d
  9. Unknown SID

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown SID: I have a SID no. listed as a user in my homeusers group on windows10 pro. It starts: icon w/ ? mark S-1-11-96-..... I cannot a reference to determine who or what this is. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  10. SID question

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    SID question: My windows firewall is allowing an SID user inbound through Wi-fi Network Discovery dashost.exe. SID-1-5-92-3339056971-12910.... What is dashost and why inbound? Should I remove it? 72253