Windows 10: Sleepless in Dexter (SID)

Discus and support Sleepless in Dexter (SID) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer (W10 64bit latest V1809) has lost it's SLEEP function/option. I've: troubleshot the power app Clicked on hidden power options DISM'd &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Dex1952, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Dex1952 Win User

Sleepless in Dexter (SID)

My computer (W10 64bit latest V1809) has lost it's SLEEP function/option.

I've:

• troubleshot the power app
    • Clicked on hidden power options
    • DISM'd & SFC Scannowed

I did have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 video card in it until recently. I suspected it of manifesting the Black SOD, after the computer was running for awhile, so I removed it. It is back to running the on chip AMD graphics. I no longer get the BlkSOD (so far), but there is no sleep option to be found anywhere. Power options only permit hibernation, do nothing, etc. Maybe the GT710 ran into the "missing sleep"?

I did try updating the GT710 drivers before removal. Those drivers remain in the computer, but the card was removed.

I've searched & found many similar complaints, but many were unresolved. :-(

Thanx for any help - Bob SID

:)

Dex1952, Apr 4, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Mystery SID. Help plz.

Open Command Prompt or PowerShell, enter command wmic useraccount get name,sid. This gives you a detailed list showing which SID belongs to which user account.

Kari, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Still not working

Hi Brink,

I am a Systems Engineer (entry-Level) and I am having this issue. I have followed all the steps that were listed, even created a new user account. This is for a customer. When I followed the steps, before creating a new user, i kept changing the path to point to the correct place. The second time, and following, I ended up getting the 2 SID's, one with the .bak. Followed the steps to delete the regular one and rename the .bak. restarted and still signs in as a temp profile. So I ended up cfreating a new user and still get the same Temp profile issue. Could you suggest something? Thanks.

deadlyspider, Apr 4, 2019
  4. 64K
    64K Win User

WINNER! Game Giveaway: Sid Meier's Starships

Not entering but wanted to share this with Devon68. Sid Meier is something of a legend in gaming. He has been involved to some extent in over 40 games over approximately 30 years. Here is a list of the games if you're interested in playing some

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sid_Meier

Thema:

1. Sleepless in Dexter (SID) - Similar Threads - Sleepless Dexter SID

2. Window 10 clone SID questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 clone SID questions: HI all, Need some help to find some information and work around on this : Case: I was preparing the image with no sys prep was done, total of 500 windows 10 and has been deployed out. Here are my Questions: 1 What is the impact if Win10 SID is duplicate, any impact...
  3. "Unknown Account" with SID in Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Unknown Account" with SID in Windows Security: There are a lot of occurrences out there for the is problem on the web looking for a fix! Trying to remove these "Unknown Accounts" produces erroer codes, one of which, is telling us the removal needs to be done at the parent directory. Nothing I read had an effective way...
  4. How to find Security Identifier (SID) of any User in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to find Security Identifier (SID) of any User in Windows 10: [ATTACH] A SID or a Security Identifier is a unique code that helps in the identification of any user or group and computer accounts across Windows Operating Systems. They are created as soon as a user account is created and being [...] This post How to find Security...
  5. Sid Meier's Sim Golf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sid Meier's Sim Golf: This is getting frustrating... I am the only user om my desktop. I have full administrator rights... and now when I launch the game it tells me that I need to login with administrator rights to PLAY THE GAME... WTF>>>?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I had administrator problems, that seems...
  6. Mysterious account SID in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Mysterious account SID in Windows 10: Account Unknown(S-1-15-3-1024-1065365936-1281604716-3511738428-1654721687-432734479-3232135806-4053264122-3456934681) So when is MS gonna deal with this issue? Remove them if I don't need them? Unknown accounts ? https://social.technet.microsoft.com...in10itprosetup...
  7. SID question

SID question: My windows firewall is allowing an SID user inbound through Wi-fi Network Discovery dashost.exe. SID-1-5-92-3339056971-12910.... What is dashost and why inbound? Should I remove it? 72253
  8. Security Tab in Folder Properties: SID Shows Instead of User Name

Security Tab in Folder Properties: SID Shows Instead of User Name: Whenever I click the security tab in properties for my personal folders, my user name does not appear, only the security identifier does (S-1-5-XX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXX). Is there a way to fix this without creating a new user account? It is not that big of a...
  9. Mystery SID. Help plz.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mystery SID. Help plz.: When I find, and then search, an unknown user in my computer, and nothing comes back, I worry. S-1-5-21-2345238457-1554497050-1494753864-1000 Is this defaultuser0, my alter-ego? This is me: S-1-5-21-2345238457-1554497050-1494753864-1001 So, who is this...
  10. Find Security Identifier (SID) of User in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find Security Identifier (SID) of User in Windows: Some useful SID related functions for script use. Also demonstrates how to retrieve SID information from .NET instead of WMI. Code: function Get-SidFromName ($user) { (New-Object...