Windows 10: sli activation issue

Discus and support sli activation issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; got two nvidia cards linked and the driver everytime I click enable sli it ask me to close the programs: and then it gives me a long list, half i know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EddV., May 16, 2020.

1. EddV. Win User

sli activation issue

got two nvidia cards linked and the driver everytime I click enable sli it ask me to close the programs: and then it gives me a long list, half i know the other half is stupid microsoft embbeded trash and I dont even know... so how can I close this d*mn programs to proceed with the lingering sli setting.

windows 10 is garbage by the way and masking it wont hide it. I use windows because mwo and eso run on windows.

:)

EddV., May 16, 2020
  2. WhyMe Win User

Need help with SLI Graphics Card Issue.

So the problem is identical in both Win8 and Win10.

My suggestions (in no particular order:
    1. Try a different bridge (a 3-way should also work for example if one came with your motherboard)
    2. If possible, try both graphics cards, configured for sli, in another system. Hopefully you have a friend with a compatible system.
    3. Test your PSU with a multi-meter.

Edit: And to confirm. You are saying sli configuration was previously functioning correctly within your Win10 installation before failing 'out of the blue'?

WhyMe, May 16, 2020
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Can't enable SLI

Hi Chris,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

Perform the steps mentioned below to enable SLI in NVIDIA Control panel.

a: Right-click anywhere on your
    desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel from the dropdown list or click the NVIDIA icon in the Systray.

b: Once you've opened the NVIDIA Control Panel, click the
    Set SLI configuration link under the 3D settings menu.

c: Finally, select either Do not use SLI technology or
    Enable SLI technology (recommended) to toggle SLI on or off.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, May 16, 2020
  4. Darkleoco Win User

sli activation issue

QUAD SLI GTX590 issues/question

Just to point this out as someone who was planning on getting a Quad-SLI setup, that PSU could potentially be a problem for Quad-SLI as all of the PSU's listed by Nvidia for use in that setup are 1100-1500w and if your system isn't able to draw enough power to run both of the cards at full throttle that would cause a significant bottleneck as well as that of the processor.

Step 1: Overclock that processor as much as possible.
    Step 2: If performance is not where you want it after Step 1 look into a potential PSU issue.
    Step 3: If your power supply is not the issue perhaps look into downgrading your cards to something like SLI GTX 580's 3 GB extreme edition or Crossfire 6970 Lightning editions since either of those cards have significant overclocking potential and would likely scale better in SLI/CF than a Quad-SLI setup.

Nvidia's Quad-SLI guidelines not exceptionally helpful but you never know:
    GeForce Articles, Guides, Gaming News, Featured Stories

Darkleoco, May 16, 2020
Thema:

sli activation issue

1. sli activation issue - Similar Threads - sli activation issue

2. 2 video cards, NOT SLI, trying to solve downclock issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 video cards, NOT SLI, trying to solve downclock issue: My son has a new PC with an EVGA 2080 Super FTW3+ Ultra video card. He runs 3 monitors. 2 of them are 60Hz, and 1 of them is 144Hhz. When all 3 monitors are plugged in, at idle, the Nvidia 2080Super is running at 1,650Mhz and not downclocking. If I disconnect either of his...
  3. DirectX 12 and SLI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 12 and SLI: What is happening with DirectX 12 and SLI and MuliGPU gaming? Any game that releases with DirectX 12 never supports SLI. Have you killed SLI microsoft? I read that deferred rendering is the reason SLI doesn't work. No one is talking about this issue, everyone just...
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu with SLI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu with SLI: Hello, how is everyone. This will be long, but it's been a ongoing problem for years at this point. Ok, I've been having this problem for well, since Windows 10 Technical Preview before it was even out for the public. And its been a reason why I moved back to windows 8.1 a...
  5. SLI not available in Nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SLI not available in Nvidia control panel: As it says above, in build 9926 I can't get to enable SLI in NCP. Any help would be appreciated. 4193
  6. Change Primary GPU in SLI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Change Primary GPU in SLI: I recently installed a second GTX 980 into my system for SLI. I knew that the card closest to the CPU would default as primary and it would run hotter, but I became concerned when it was unable to boost higher than its base clock speed of 1126MHz due to thermals (the card...
  7. Enable SLI with 373.06 ?

Enable SLI with 373.06 ?: Has anyone been able to enable SLI using 373.06 with Windows 10 ?? As the option is no longer in the nvidia control panel after installing 373.06, had to go back to 372.90 I`m sure nvidia will release another driver soon, I just don`t understand why they can`t keep the...
  8. Need help with SLI Graphics Card Issue.

Need help with SLI Graphics Card Issue.: Hey, I'm having a bit of an Issue, out of the blue, I'm unable to SLI my 780Ti's (Driver 355.82). The cards themselves are detected in Device Manager at the same time, but one always has this error doesn't matter which one it is) when they are both plugged in (SLI bridged or...
  9. Numerous Windows 10 Issues (Creative, SLI, BSOD's)

in Windows 10 Support
    Numerous Windows 10 Issues (Creative, SLI, BSOD's): Hello, Hopefully I'm in the right place to see if anyone else has any of these problems or knows a potential fix, apologies if this is in the wrong section as there is a lot to cover, Windows 10 feels full of issues at the moment. Windows 10 defaults: Windows 10...
  10. SLI not available in Nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    SLI not available in Nvidia control panel: As it says above, in build 9926 I can't get to enable SLI in NCP. Any help would be appreciated. 4195