Windows 10: Slide show on Desktop

Discus and support Slide show on Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The choice of timing for changing slides jumps from 1 minute which is too short, to 10 minutes which is too long. 5 minutes would be about right but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JanetGyford1, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Slide show on Desktop

The choice of timing for changing slides jumps from 1 minute which is too short, to 10 minutes which is too long. 5 minutes would be about right but it isn't there to choose -how can I plead for this to be changed ?

:)

JanetGyford1, Feb 25, 2020

2. Desktop theme slide show

Hi Sanjay,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.  

I would like to inform you that, theme slide show cannot be done on windows 10. However after applying a theme you can create a desktop background slide show.

To create a desktop background slide show follow the steps below:

• Right click on the blank space on Desktop.

• From the menu select Personalize.

• On the windows, click on the
      background.

• From the drop down menu select slide show.

• Browse the albums that you want to set as slide show.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Feb 25, 2020
  3. slide show

Hey,

Use the following steps:

Navigate to Settings>Personalize>Background

Under background,

In the drop down list select Slide show.

hope it helps.

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 25, 2020
  4. JaimeMW Win User

Slide show on Desktop

windows 10 slide show not working

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the community - by Windows 10 slide show, do you mean the desktop background slide show is not working or the slideshow option in the Photos app?

If it's the desktop background slide show and you are using on a laptop or tablet that is unplugged, by default the power options will likely not continue the slideshow. You can change this option in the advanced power settings:

• Type Power Options in the Search/Cortana bar
    • Open the Power Options - Control Panel option
    • Select Change plan settings on the power option that is selected for your device
    • Click Change advanced power settings
    • Under Desktop background settings - Slide Show, change the "On battery" option from Paused to Available
    Regards,

Jaime

JaimeMW, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Slide show on Desktop

1. Slide show on Desktop - Similar Threads - Slide show Desktop

2. Slide Show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slide Show: When i go to pictures and open a file all of the photos in the file are visible. When i go to settings- personalization-slideshow, browse click on the same folder and there is nothing there. It makes no sense that I can view al the pics when i go to pictures but when i go...
  3. Slide Show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slide Show: When i go to pictures and open a file all of the photos in the file are visible. When i go to settings- personalization-slideshow, browse click on the same folder and there is nothing there. It makes no sense that I can view al the pics when i go to pictures but when i go...
  4. slide show

in Windows 10 Customization
    slide show: I would like to have more versatility using slide show in windows 10 pro please and thank you. I cannot start a slide show going except by starting it with the very first slide. How can I start with any slide I want? 177607
  5. windows 10 desktop background slide show

windows 10 desktop background slide show: Hi, I'm trying to get a bit of help here. I've gotten a new computer with windows 10 on it and I'm trying to get the desktop background to play a collage of my photo's just like the lock screen does. I've done a lot of searching for this and none of the info I've found seems...
  6. Photo slide show

Photo slide show: How do you override the slow, fast, and medium speed for advancing photos in a photo slideshow. I need them to advance at a specific speed that I set manually? How to do it?...
  7. Backround Slide Show

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backround Slide Show: I recently unlinked my OneDrive account, and now my background slide show will start up, show a couple of pictures, then go black screen with a message "there are no pictures in C:\Users\stros\OneDrive\Picture\Pictures\SlideShow", how do I get rid of this and let the slide...
  8. Slide Show

Slide Show: How do I speed up the slide show. one min is too long https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slide-show/04f07cd8-b341-425c-930c-2bb42beca6b8
  9. Screen Slide Show

Screen Slide Show: My old Windows 8.1 would entertain us with an ongoing slide show from my Pictures File. Is it possible to do the same with Windows 10? Thanks, 24478
  10. Slide Show's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slide Show's: Hi. I'm looking for a good slideshow software that I can add photo's add music and also have an options for transitions. Finally also would like to burn that slideshow to a DVD so that it can be played back via a television PAL Format. Free if possible that would be the...