Windows 10: Slider Control is Missing in the Latest Build

Discus and support Slider Control is Missing in the Latest Build in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Thank you, any idea if this brings back the slider control under advanced power options? i.e. different brightness setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AliAl-khafaji, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Slider Control is Missing in the Latest Build

Split from this thread.​

Thank you,

any idea if this brings back the slider control under advanced power options? i.e. different brightness setting under display settings in power options for plugged in and battery power like before the update . see attached screen shot: Slider Control is Missing in the Latest Build ad343428-40cb-4651-9d5a-c79f5e1dd372?upload=true.jpg

:)

AliAl-khafaji, Jan 31, 2019

2. Catalyst + Intel Driver = No power control sliders?

I recently installed the intel driver to add a 3rd monitor and my power control sliders are missing from my 2 6970s using 12.1a. I tried uninstalling ati drivers then reinstalling, didn't help. I uninstalled intel, and boom, power sliders are back.

Is this a known issue and is there a resolution? I'd really like to use my i5-2500k onboard graphics but if it means no power sliders in CCC for my 6970s i'm inclined not to. Is there a fix?

ThaSpacePope, Jan 31, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Power Slider is missing from my Surface Book, tried absolutely every troubleshooting option

Hello,

It could be that there is a component in Windows that is corrupted or damaged, or that an update is needed to be installed on your device. For us to assist you properly about the missing power slider, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Aside from resetting your device twice, can you tell us more about the troubleshooting steps that you have done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.
    • Are you able to change your power plan through Control Panel?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jan 31, 2019
  4. TheDavidW Win User

Slider Control is Missing in the Latest Build

After the latest Windows Update, brightness control and custom keyboard shortcuts no longer function

Acer 1810TZ

64 bit OS and processor (4GB)

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1803

Build 17134.48

Installed 05/17/2018

Quality Updates Installed

• KB4103729
    • KB4103721
    Definition Updates Installed

• KB2267602

Like the subject says, I've lost brightness control as well as custom keyboard shortcuts I had setup to start programs (Ctrl + Alt + [letter]). I just discovered the latter not working. Brightness control no longer works with function key shortcut, icon
    in the notification panel, or adjusting the brightness slider in Settings.

Note that Windows key shortcuts DO work. Volume control DOES work with function key, system tray icon slider, etc.

I've tried the following to no avail:

• updating display and monitor drivers as well as switching to the basic Microsoft display.
    • uninstalling update
    • reinstalling the update
    • the old voodoo trick of rebooting at each of the above steps

I'm at a loss as to what to try or what to even what to search for at this point. Thanks for your help!

TheDavidW, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Slider Control is Missing in the Latest Build

1. Slider Control is Missing in the Latest Build - Similar Threads - Slider Control Missing

2. MISSING BRIGHTNESS SLIDER!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MISSING BRIGHTNESS SLIDER!!!!: Hello,I am going to use the text of another person as it describes exactly what my problem is for my pc on windows 11.On march 3/3/2022 seallen wrote:"I'd really like help, because none of the solutions I've found online that supposedly fix the issue work for me. Before...
  3. MISSING BRIGHTNESS SLIDER!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MISSING BRIGHTNESS SLIDER!!!!: Hello,I am going to use the text of another person as it describes exactly what my problem is for my pc on windows 11.On march 3/3/2022 seallen wrote:"I'd really like help, because none of the solutions I've found online that supposedly fix the issue work for me. Before...
  4. Windows 11 gets a new Volume Slider, Brightness slider in the latest Insider Preview Build

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 gets a new Volume Slider, Brightness slider in the latest Insider Preview Build: The Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22533 is now available for testers who have opted into the Developer Channel. This release introduces a couple of new features, the first of which replaces the volume slider that is usually displayed in the top left corner of the screen....
  5. Brightness slider missing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness slider missing.: I am using Windows 10 and my brightness slider suddenly disappeared. Also I can not adjust the display brightness from anywhere else not even the brightness function keys. I checked the Monitors and display adapters drivers and they are up to date. Any help? Thanks!...
  6. Brightness Slider Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness Slider Missing: [IMG] Brightness slider disappeared windows 10 Home,1909 I did Graphic Drivers Updated went to action center used function keyUp, Down and display off but my problem not fix yet, everywhere I found how to fix this... Please Help Me!!!...
  7. Brightness slider missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness slider missing: Got a new laptop only 5 days ago and windows auto-updated and now I can’t turn up the brightness past 25%. The keys won’t work and the slider is missing. Any fixes I’ve found from Microsoft won’t work, what the hell is going on? How do I fix this? Edit: it won’t detect the...
  8. Xbox Controller and Win 10 latest build ..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Controller and Win 10 latest build ..: can someone help me out of this situation .. after latest update my controller cannot attached with my laptop .. in drivers it shown unknown device I pickup the xbox drivers but yellow icon changed to ? icon drivers not supported .. same controller on my second laptop with...
  9. Brightness slider Control in Windows 10 (1903) is Missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brightness slider Control in Windows 10 (1903) is Missing: I have win 10 version 1903 and the Brightness slider from action center is missing as showing in the below picture.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider-control-in-windows-10-1903-is/071f7e03-5a14-41ae-8850-1b067601b95f
  10. Battery Slider is missing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Slider is missing: Title says it all... After fully formated my laptop,i missing the power slide option which i can select to have high performance/batter saver and so on. Now im stuck with this [ATTACH] and i dont know how to bring it back...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro brightness and volume slider adjust action center missing