Windows 10: Slideshow always changes to picture

Discus and support Slideshow always changes to picture in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hey guys, i already posted this (here?), and in Windows Feedback, no reply or solution. One of my 4 computer with a slideshow of pictures always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jeffrys, Oct 15, 2015.

1. jeffrys Win User

Slideshow always changes to picture

hey guys,

i already posted this (here?), and in Windows Feedback, no reply or solution.

One of my 4 computer with a slideshow of pictures always gets changed to picture and then it is a BING-PICTURE.

All i need is the right setting in REGEDIT and maybe this can be fixed manually?

Anyone who can help me, much appreciated.

thanks
    Jeff

:)

jeffrys, Oct 15, 2015

2. How to create a slide show for my desktop using Windows 10.

There is no drop down menu on my system. Also when I change the 'choose albums for your slideshow' folder it always reverts back to the 'pictures' folder.

thecatmanthecatman, Oct 15, 2015
  3. LilyC_916 Win User
    Windows 10 Wallpaper Slidehow

I bought a new laptop, uploaded pictures from camera. trying to use slideshow for wallpaper.

tried changing folder from picture, to creating a new folder with some photos as a test, to selecting the uploaded photos folder

it always shows no items when i select the folder.

new pc, never worked since purchase.

read all forums with no help to my problem.

changed refresh rate to 1 min, battery slideshow as well.

LilyC_916, Oct 15, 2015
  4. jeffrys Win User

hey guys,

no one here.

thanks

jeff

jeffrys, Oct 16, 2015
  5. jeffrys Win User
    Hey guys,

well after hours of search i found this on the net:

"control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper

from a WIN+R prompt to get this working for now".

Well in my case, after that i had to go to Personalisation via Settings and change Picture to Slideshow to get it to work.

But it stays good for a few hours already. Maybe helpfull for others.

Jeff

jeffrys, Oct 16, 2015
  6. jeffrys Win User
    Hey guys,

well the day after i posted this, SLIDESHOW was gone again....

But since it is always BING that comes in place (MS should looke there), and since my wife or me do not use Bing, i simply removed Bing from Program & Features.

And now the slideshow works normally .

So instead of doing all the steps, one can remove BING right away to get the slideshow back.

Jeff

jeffrys, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Slideshow always changes to picture - Similar Threads - Slideshow always changes

2. Windows 10 Background slideshow changes to picture at every restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Background slideshow changes to picture at every restart: Hi. Like many others I have had this problem for a couple of years and have tried virtually every suggestion to fix it.I have a folder with about 500 pictures in %USER%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes. which is where the registry points to. There are also...
  3. Windows 10 Background slideshow changes to picture at every restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Background slideshow changes to picture at every restart: Hi. Like many others I have had this problem for a couple of years and have tried virtually every suggestion to fix it.I have a folder with about 500 pictures in %USER%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes. which is where the registry points to. There are also...
  4. SLIDESHOW PICTURES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SLIDESHOW PICTURES: HI THERE I AM USING WINDOWS 10 SLIDESHOW AS MY BACKROUND. ID LIKE TO KNOW A PATH OF WHERE I COULD VIEW THESE PICTURES AS ID LIKE TO DOWNLOAD A FEW. IS THERE A MICROSOFT/WINDOWS GALLERY? IF SO PLEASE SHARE A LINK OR PATH OF VIEWING THESE PICTURES. THANKING YOU...
  5. My l9ckscreen always changes back to this picture...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My l9ckscreen always changes back to this picture...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Skull001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jd8xr1/my_l9ckscreen_always_changes_back_to_this_picture/
  6. Desktop Slideshow with a backround picture

Desktop Slideshow with a backround picture: I would like to use a picture from the Hubble Space Telescope and set that as my desktop back round. On that I would like to have a slideshow showing pictures of my grandkids : . Can this be done? Thanks...
  7. Possible to change picture delay in lockscreen slideshow?

Possible to change picture delay in lockscreen slideshow?: My Problem I want to change picture delay in slideshow on lock screen. There is 10-15 second in default delay time for change picture, but i want to change it to 5-10 minutes. I tried 1 I watched in personalization > lock screen > additional slideshow parameters, but not...
  8. personalization -desktop slideshow picture change frequency

personalization -desktop slideshow picture change frequency: How do I get a more frequent desktop picture change than 1 minute. I would like it more like 10 seconds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalization-desktop-slideshow-picture-change/c3936dcb-a3fa-4a4d-b45a-307124608ab4
  9. Slideshow changed?

Slideshow changed?: I used to be able to play slideshow using Windows Photo Viewer with only pictures from a search result. Now, with Windows 10, it will play the slideshow with all the pictures in the directory even if only the search results are displaying. Anyone have experience with this?...
  10. background slideshow changes to picture upon reboot

background slideshow changes to picture upon reboot: I have set up my background to display slideshow. There appears to be no save button on this page. Every time I reboot the computer I find the slideshow has been changed back to "picture" mode. Is there a way to stop this from resetting? 32859