Windows 10: Slideshow of Animals and scenery no longer working after I had put my computer into Power...

Discus and support Slideshow of Animals and scenery no longer working after I had put my computer into Power... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; About a week ago, I put my computer into a battery saving mode to reserve battery power while using my computer. Since then I have NOT been able to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ellie Hogsett, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Slideshow of Animals and scenery no longer working after I had put my computer into Power...

About a week ago, I put my computer into a battery saving mode to reserve battery power while using my computer. Since then I have NOT been able to get the Windows Spotlight Slideshows anymore that depict the animals and scenery. I enjoyed seeing a new picture every day roughly, and now I just have this lame image of blue swirls and stuff. I have already followed the suggested instructions from a similar question asked, and it did NOT work. I have become frustrated as I have done everything I can think of to fix this, and am not willing to reset my computer just to "get it back". I would lik

:)

Ellie Hogsett, Feb 23, 2024

2. Animated cursor no longer works.

Hello Andrew,

As you are facing issues with accessing the animated cursor on Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system other than installing the editor program?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan to check if there are any animation files corrupted/ missing.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Animated cursor no longer works.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for responding and updating the status of this issue.

Good to know that you are able to access the animated cursor by rolling back the drivers.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to fix the issues with scroll function and check if it helps.

Step 1: Fix the driver issues.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager and on Scan for hardware changes.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 23, 2024
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

Slideshow of Animals and scenery no longer working after I had put my computer into Power...

Slideshow stop working on window 10

Hi Adnan,

We would like to verify some information so we can properly isolate the issue.

• Have you done any updates to your computer prior to the concern?
    • What have you done so far to resolve the issue?
    Oftentimes, the problem with the slideshow not working is caused by your power settings. We suggest doing the steps below to change your power settings and see how it goes.

1) Press Windows Key + X.

2) Select Control Panel.

3) Type Power Option on the Search bar above

4) Click on Change plan settings.

5) Click on Change advance power settings.

6) Click on Desktop Background settings.

7) Click the tab that says Slideshow.

6) Change pause to Available.

7) Click OK to save settings.

We're here for your feedback.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

Slideshow of Animals and scenery no longer working after I had put my computer into Power...

1. Slideshow of Animals and scenery no longer working after I had put my computer into Power... - Similar Threads - Slideshow Animals scenery

2. Slideshow of Animals and scenery no longer working after I had put my computer into Power...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slideshow of Animals and scenery no longer working after I had put my computer into Power...: About a week ago, I put my computer into a battery saving mode to reserve battery power while using my computer. Since then I have NOT been able to get the Windows Spotlight Slideshows anymore that depict the animals and scenery. I enjoyed seeing a new picture every day...
  3. My computer no longer works after windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer no longer works after windows 11: My computer is unusable after windows 11. My mouse no longer appears and my keyboard no longer responds. My computer works, the lighting on the fn key appears when I touch it but it is unresponsive to the computer. My mouse is no longer visible & is unresponsive by the...
  4. My computer no longer works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer no longer works: Hello,I had Windows 10 on a pc all in one bought in 2015 and that uses windows 10 almost since the beginning, this model : HP Pavilion 22-h120nf. https://www.amazon.fr/HP-K9R50EA-22-h120nf/dp/B00SA5Q2X6A few month ago my computer started lagging a lot and I couldn't launch...
  5. My computer no longer works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer no longer works: Hello,I had Windows 10 on a pc all in one bought in 2015 and that uses windows 10 almost since the beginning, this model : HP Pavilion 22-h120nf. https://www.amazon.fr/HP-K9R50EA-22-h120nf/dp/B00SA5Q2X6A few month ago my computer started lagging a lot and I couldn't launch...
  6. My computer no longer works

7. I had a power outage while I was resetting my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a power outage while I was resetting my computer.: My power went out while factory resetting my computer and I can’t do anything on it now. My wallpaper is all black, my taskbar is all white with no applications on it and I am unable to open my search. When I boot it up, I see the Welcome screen for 10+ minutes and I have...
  8. I had a power outage while I was resetting my computer.

I had a power outage while I was resetting my computer.: My power went out while factory resetting my computer and I can’t do anything on it now. My wallpaper is all black, my taskbar is all white with no applications on it and I am unable to open my search. When I boot it up, I see the Welcome screen for 10+ minutes and I have...
  9. My Computer did a power recovery and put my computer to factory??

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    My Computer did a power recovery and put my computer to factory??: I must have done something in error as my Yahoo emails started to delete "All emails" I immediately clicked cancel and forced a shutdown.. Usually this had no ill effects - Just "normal" start up afterwards. but this time something was not "normal" and it took a very long...
  10. Slideshow will no longer work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Slideshow will no longer work: I have the slideshow option enabled and a folder of pictures selected for it. It will not work even though it was working yesterday. None of the settings have changed, it just decided not to work anymore all of a sudden....