Windows 10: Slideshow or Screen Saver at lockscreen for all users

Discus and support Slideshow or Screen Saver at lockscreen for all users in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; We created some generic jpg's that include information and events that are going on in our company. We have a large conference room with a Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/franklyADHD, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Slideshow or Screen Saver at lockscreen for all users

We created some generic jpg's that include information and events that are going on in our company. We have a large conference room with a Windows 10 computer and multiple user accounts on that machine.

At first I set my profile to Slide show from the lock screen but realized this is only PER USER.

Then I tried setting a screen saver after x amount of time but I'd only want that to enable when the machine is locked or logged off.

So all I'm trying to do is have the computer rotate thru images when the PC is idle (locked or logged off) for ALL USER accounts that are setup on that machine. Can anyone suggest a way to accomplish this?

submitted by /u/franklyADHD
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/franklyADHD, Dec 9, 2019

2. Lockscreen slideshow as Screensaver

Thanks. But I really want the auto collage effects that the lockscreen slideshow creates.

Gary.Beach, Dec 9, 2019
  3. KHaining Win User
    Lockscreen/Screensaver

Hi, GallicBear --

I have also noticed that the Lockscreen and Screen Saver seem to fight against each other in Windows 10. I've been playing around with various settings trying to get something to occur similar to what you've described. I THINK this is working now (although I haven't had the patience yet to wait for the upper limit of my time range to see what will happen then).

So... you set up the Lockscreen under Settings, Personalization to be a slideshow on whatever folder you've asked for. There are two options for further customization at the bottom.

The first option, "Screen timeout settings" will take you to the power and sleep settings screen. Even though there's a warning at the top of the page that says "The screen and sleep settings don't apply when the lock screen slideshow is playing," this does seem to be the amount of time the lockscreen will play before the screen goes dark. 30 minutes is the default setting, but I usually increase the length of time on mine.

The second option, "Screen Saver Settings," takes you to the old screen saver control box from earlier versions of Windows. By default, once you've asked the Lockscreen to do a slideshow, the Screen Saver box is set to "None" with no other options selected. What you need to do is adjust these settings. First change to any other screen saver, and then switch back to None again -- now you'll be able to tick the "On resume, display logon screen" box and then you can set a value for how long the computer will wait before the screen saver starts (test it at 1 minute if you want).

The trick here is that once you've altered the Screen Saver Settings box, it resets some of the values you had placed on the Lockscreen Personalization settings screen. Specifically, the Lockscreen gets set back to "Picture" instead of "Slideshow" -- but if you go in again and set it to Slideshow again, it should work finally like you're expecting it to.

cheers,

*Huh

KHaining, Dec 9, 2019
  4. EdgarVo Win User

Slideshow or Screen Saver at lockscreen for all users

Lockscreen Win-Spotlight & Slideshow are not triggering after update 1803

Since Update 1803, the slideshow and Windows spotlight do no properly start when the PC is locked or on inactivity.

Before the 1803 update it was possible to set a Slideshow album, Picture or Windows Spotlight and with WIN+L or on PC inactivity it would switch to the lockscreen and run the pictures
    with the system time, weather-apps, etc. in the lower left corner.

Since update 1803 the lockscreen slideshows ONLY trigger on first system boot. Afterwards, when the user uses WIN+L or waits for inactivity, the lockscreen displays only the first picture of Spotlight and no slideshow starts. The
    system time is not displayed anymore.

Setting the lockscreen to Slideshow, the lockscreen will only show a blank screen and not start the slideshow and the
    system time is missing.

User needs to select a picture from the slideshow album as Picture option first and switch back to Slideshow.

Then, the lockscreen will only display this first picture and not start the slideshow.

Additionally, after boot up, when the user uses WIN+L, it may happen that the system time and slideshow are working.
    BUT ONLY randomly. I found no pattern if this works on 2nd, 4th or whatever screen lock attempt.

Most certainly, the slideshow and spotlight are not working when the PC goes inactive.

Furthermore;

Before 1803, when waking the PC from lockscreen, the user did not need to enter his PW in case the lockscreen was triggered by inactivity. Only if the user used WIN+L the start the lockscreen.

After 1803, the PW is needed in both cases.

This really bother me Slideshow or Screen Saver at lockscreen for all users ;)

I posted this in the feedback hub already with captured steps. Feedback Hub - Windows Insider

EdgarVo, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Slideshow or Screen Saver at lockscreen for all users

1. Slideshow or Screen Saver at lockscreen for all users - Similar Threads - Slideshow Screen Saver

2. lockscreen slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lockscreen slideshow: Im new to microsoft and i have a question about my lockscreen slideshow. ive recently created an album from my google account and then downloaded it to microsoft to use as my slideshow. its perfecty except the fact that now i have a bunch more pictures i would like to add to...
  3. lockscreen slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    lockscreen slideshow: Im new to microsoft and i have a question about my lockscreen slideshow. ive recently created an album from my google account and then downloaded it to microsoft to use as my slideshow. its perfecty except the fact that now i have a bunch more pictures i would like to add to...
  4. Lockscreen slideshow

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lockscreen slideshow: How do I find the folder that my lockscreen slideshow displays on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockscreen-slideshow/08824bef-e416-4e6c-a3a9-91c143ec2456
  5. Lockscreen slideshow.

Lockscreen slideshow.: Is there a way to skip to the previous picture in the lockscreen slideshow? If not, what is a good program to use for slideshows? This program must be easy to launch, ideally from the the desktop without the need to select which folder to display everytime it is...
  6. Slideshow Screen Saver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Slideshow Screen Saver: Windows 10. I have a bizarre situation. I just installed a brand new computer monitor. I wanted to see what my slideshow would look like. I spent years with Windows 7, and do not like most of the changes in 10, they make it hard to do something like setting up a slideshow....
  7. Lockscreen Screen Saver

Lockscreen Screen Saver: 1) Is there a One Click Exit ? Screen saver kicks in. When I get back , to return to my browsers screen I have to click CTRL + ALT + DEL. is there a one click exit ? 2) Is there a setting to show photos the correct way up ? My photos are ok on the photos file, but...
  8. Screen saver slideshow

Screen saver slideshow: Why don't ALL of my pictures play in my slideshow in screensaver mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/screen-saver-slideshow/8758d3d4-a976-41eb-a6bc-e30c3e1a12fe
  9. setup a screen saver slideshow

setup a screen saver slideshow: I am using the April 2018 upgrade to Windows 10 and have lost my slideshow. How can I set up a new one????? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/setup-a-screen-saver-slideshow/56616909-4878-4232-b5f9-9864d5ca3b18
  10. Lockscreen Slideshow

Lockscreen Slideshow: Lock screen slideshow won't work ! 15369