Windows 10: Slideshow Screensaver Error

Discus and support Slideshow Screensaver Error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,So I have a Dell Desktop Main PC; HP Desktop my former PC now connected to a Smart TV and a Dell Laptop I use primarily to stream spotify music..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DanLouis, May 17, 2022.

1. DanLouis Win User

Slideshow Screensaver Error

Hello,So I have a Dell Desktop Main PC; HP Desktop my former PC now connected to a Smart TV and a Dell Laptop I use primarily to stream spotify music.. All three are running Windows 10 with full updates. All three power up automatically at 9am and are on all day until I go to bed. They all use the Windows Screensaver - Photo when idling.The photos that the screensaver uses are stored on a networked storage drive NSD. which I’ve mapped to drive letter Z:\ on each individual computer. This setup has worked for years.Now, when the computers go idle, the screensaver launches with each comp

:)

DanLouis, May 17, 2022
  2. gngracie Win User

Screensaver stops working - error preventing slideshow from playing

I have a specific folder in my pictures which I play screensaver slideshow from. My computer will play slideshow for a while (sometimes a few minutes, sometimes 10 minutes), then I get the following message: An error is preventing this slideshow from playing.

I see that this is a ridiculously common occurrence (going back at least to Win 7), but I have yet to find a solution. I've tried multiple suggestions that I've come across while looking into this, but nothing has worked.

Does anyone know of a solution for this? Or, if no solution, are there any good (free) screensaver programs out there I can use to play my pictures in a slideshow?

TIA

gngracie, May 17, 2022
  3. yok33 Win User
    Screensaver slideshow error

I am running Windows 10 and have the slideshow screensaver that comes with Windows 10 set up to be my screensaver. The problem is that often times it does not run. The screen will turn black and in small white letters it will state something like, "Unable
    to run slideshow due to error" and no other specifics. Has anyone had this problem? If so, does anyone know a solution? When it is in this error mode, I hit return and move my mouse and it takes a fairly long time for the normal desktop to come back up.

Thanks,

yok33, May 17, 2022
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

Hi Tom,

Since you've already checked the Screen Saver Settings, kindly answer the following question for clarification:

• Have you tried turning off the second monitor while assigning the screensaver slideshow to the primary monitor?
    • Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the screensaver?

We also suggest that you make the screensaver slideshow to appear first at the primary monitor properly before troubleshooting with the second monitor.

Kindly get back to us for clarification.

Xylee Del, May 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Slideshow Screensaver Error - Similar Threads - Slideshow Screensaver Error

2. Screensaver slideshow - file path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver slideshow - file path: In older versions of Windows, there used to be a "screensaver settings" button that let you optionally show the file path of the photo being displayed the only realistic way to find it when you have thousands of them. Is there still a way to do this in the current version?It...
  3. Screensaver slideshow - file path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screensaver slideshow - file path: In older versions of Windows, there used to be a "screensaver settings" button that let you optionally show the file path of the photo being displayed the only realistic way to find it when you have thousands of them. Is there still a way to do this in the current version?It...
  4. Screensaver slideshow - file path

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Slideshow screensaver color is over saturated

in Windows 10 Support
    Slideshow screensaver color is over saturated: My Benq monitor is calibrated and my images color looks in great in Photoshop and also in Windows Photos. When I run a slide show the images are greatly over saturated and just awful for viewing. A few days ago the color in the slide show was perfectly okay. Does anyone have...
  6. windows 10 screensavers slideshow

windows 10 screensavers slideshow: After an update, my screensaver slideshow quit working. I tried all the remedy's on the internet. Nothing worked. So I found one I just love!! It is called gPhoto Show. It works beautifully! I like it even better than the Windows 10 one. I highly reccommend it. It is...
  7. Get screensavers on two monitors with photo slideshow

Get screensavers on two monitors with photo slideshow: Hello there, I would like to change my screensaver to a selection of photos on my computer. This is no problem at first, but when I leave my PC for a bit, the screensaver only shows on my primary monitor. The other one is just black. I would like the images to appear on...
  8. screensaver slideshow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    screensaver slideshow: Is there a way to find out where a picture that I'm seeing in screensaver slideshow is located. I have a lot of subfolders in the folder that I'm using for the screensaver slideshow, and it's hard to find a specific picture that I sometimes see and want to get the info on...
  9. Screensaver slideshow error

Screensaver slideshow error: I am running Windows 10 and have the slideshow screensaver that comes with Windows 10 set up to be my screensaver. The problem is that often times it does not run. The screen will turn black and in small white letters it will state something like, "Unable to run slideshow...
  10. Screensaver stops working - error preventing slideshow from playing

in Windows 10 Support
    Screensaver stops working - error preventing slideshow from playing: I have a specific folder in my pictures which I play screensaver slideshow from. My computer will play slideshow for a while (sometimes a few minutes, sometimes 10 minutes), then I get the following message: An error is preventing this slideshow from playing. I see that...