Windows 10: Slideshow will no longer work

Discus and support Slideshow will no longer work in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have the slideshow option enabled and a folder of pictures selected for it. It will not work even though it was working yesterday. None of the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SeanMcClure1, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Slideshow will no longer work

I have the slideshow option enabled and a folder of pictures selected for it. It will not work even though it was working yesterday. None of the settings have changed, it just decided not to work anymore all of a sudden.

:)

SeanMcClure1, Mar 22, 2019

2. Photos slideshow

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable view the photos in slideshow as it repeats after few photos and need to know “How can I change this to show a continuous and non-repeating slideshow?”. We will help you to
    resolve this issue.

Please let us know,

• Where does the photos folder located?

• Did you try to change the folder location and check?

I suggest you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: If the photos folder is located on the desktop, try to create another folder and copy all the content to the newly created folder and add this folder for slideshow and check.

Step 2: Try to create new folder if different location and copy all the content to the newly created folder in different location and add this folder for slideshow and check.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Mar 22, 2019
  4. TerriXT Win User

Slideshow will no longer work

WINDOWS 10 SLIDESHOW

Hi:

I love the slideshow and followed the steps posted to reestablish, however, I am still not getting the feature. I am using Google Chrome to launch. Does the slideshow not work using Google Chrome?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

TerriXT, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Slideshow will no longer work

1. Slideshow will no longer work - Similar Threads - Slideshow longer

2. Slideshow of Animals and scenery no longer working after I had put my computer into Power...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slideshow of Animals and scenery no longer working after I had put my computer into Power...: About a week ago, I put my computer into a battery saving mode to reserve battery power while using my computer. Since then I have NOT been able to get the Windows Spotlight Slideshows anymore that depict the animals and scenery. I enjoyed seeing a new picture every day...
  3. Slideshow of Animals and scenery no longer working after I had put my computer into Power...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slideshow of Animals and scenery no longer working after I had put my computer into Power...: About a week ago, I put my computer into a battery saving mode to reserve battery power while using my computer. Since then I have NOT been able to get the Windows Spotlight Slideshows anymore that depict the animals and scenery. I enjoyed seeing a new picture every day...
  4. hi , did any one notice that the new 23h2 update photo apps no longer have the slideshow...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi , did any one notice that the new 23h2 update photo apps no longer have the slideshow...: hi , did any one notice that the new 23h2 update photo apps no longer have the slideshow music option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-did-any-one-notice-that-the-new-23h2-update/f0369e85-0b62-47b0-b690-ad5fbf53027e
  5. hi , did any one notice that the new 23h2 update photo apps no longer have the slideshow...

hi , did any one notice that the new 23h2 update photo apps no longer have the slideshow...: hi , did any one notice that the new 23h2 update photo apps no longer have the slideshow music option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-did-any-one-notice-that-the-new-23h2-update/f0369e85-0b62-47b0-b690-ad5fbf53027e
  6. Windows 11 Photos app seems no longer to have a slideshow option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Photos app seems no longer to have a slideshow option?: It looks as if Windows 11 has recently updated the Photos app and I cannot find how to run a slideshow. Is this even possible within Photos anymore?...
  7. Windows 11 Photos app seems no longer to have a slideshow option?

Windows 11 Photos app seems no longer to have a slideshow option?: It looks as if Windows 11 has recently updated the Photos app and I cannot find how to run a slideshow. Is this even possible within Photos anymore?...
  8. Why has my Windows 10 desktop Slideshow stopped altering? It used to work but no longer does.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my Windows 10 desktop Slideshow stopped altering? It used to work but no longer does.: I have my desktop background set on Slideshow and it's supposed to change the picture once a minute but now the only way to get it to change is to literally right click the desktop and click the display and when that display menu loads up the desktop shifts to a new picture…...
  9. Why has my Windows 10 desktop Slideshow stopped altering? It used to work but no longer does.

Why has my Windows 10 desktop Slideshow stopped altering? It used to work but no longer does.: I have my desktop background set on Slideshow and it's supposed to change the picture once a minute but now the only way to get it to change is to literally right click the desktop and click the display and when that display menu loads up the desktop shifts to a new picture…...
  10. Why has my Windows 10 desktop Slideshow stopped altering? It used to work but no longer does.

in Windows 10 Customization