Windows 10: Slight screen Flicker

Discus and support Slight screen Flicker in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently updated to a 4K UHD monitor. I have two other Acer 1080p monitors hooked into the same graphics cards. I randomly get a slight faint flicker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChadBonk, Feb 28, 2020.

1. ChadBonk Win User

Slight screen Flicker

I recently updated to a 4K UHD monitor. I have two other Acer 1080p monitors hooked into the same graphics cards. I randomly get a slight faint flicker in both the 1080p monitors. I've tried various methods to narrow it down but I'll try to mention all that I've tried. I'm really hoping it's a setting and not a faulty card. I've attempted thus far:

Doing an in place upgrade to just basically reinstall windows and not lose all your programs and settings
    I've performed the latest Win 10 updates
    I've upgraded the Nvidia Card driver and tried both the game driver and studio driver.
    I've tried an older Nvidia driver
    I've tried replacing the PC display cables and trying a different port on the back of the card
    I've tried replacing the monitor with another monitor laying around.
    I've tried recording it to see if my eyes are going buggy and can't seem to get it on a phone, nor can I obtain it off a screen recording program such as the one that comes with GeForce Experience
    I've tried making sure the card is set in place in the PCI express lane

I'm leaning on this is a setting within Windows Display and or Nvidia Control panel? I was hoping it was a refresh rate problem, but the 4k monitor is the only one that I can change and can only go down from 60Hz. The 1080p monitors only have 60Hz.

I do mainly notice the issue in Photoshop being a designer, and taking advantage of the three monitors, I thought possibly that spreading a program across two different resolutions might have an effect? I main put the tool panels on the 1080p monitor and edit on the 4k. Is this possible?

Any and all suggestions is greatly appreciated! I guess I didn't think too much into when I made the purchase, I didn't think it would cause such issues.

:)

ChadBonk, Feb 28, 2020

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Feb 28, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Slight screen Flicker

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Slight screen Flicker

1. Slight screen Flicker - Similar Threads - Slight screen Flicker

2. Windows 11 screen slightly flickers when i scroll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 screen slightly flickers when i scroll: Details:-My display adapter in IntR IrisR Xe Graphics-There this weird stipe or glitch that happens only when i scroll. To solve this i updated by display driver and the glitch doesn't happen.-After a while or day , again glitch happens and i update the driver again , its...
  3. Windows 11 screen slightly flickers when i scroll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 screen slightly flickers when i scroll: Details:-My display adapter in IntR IrisR Xe Graphics-There this weird stipe or glitch that happens only when i scroll. To solve this i updated by display driver and the glitch doesn't happen.-After a while or day , again glitch happens and i update the driver again , its...
  4. Laptop Screen Slightly Dimmed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Screen Slightly Dimmed: I have a Dell Inspiron 7559 old I know and as of a couple days ago only the laptop monitor is slightly dimmed in comparison to my external monitor connected. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, updating various drivers and even my BIOS yet nothing is making a difference....
  5. Laptop Screen Slightly Dimmed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Screen Slightly Dimmed: I have a Dell Inspiron 7559 old I know and as of a couple days ago only the laptop monitor is slightly dimmed in comparison to my external monitor connected. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, updating various drivers and even my BIOS yet nothing is making a difference....
  6. Slight flicker and color dampen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slight flicker and color dampen: I have a 2070GEForce I just switched out because of a small flicker about 10-15 seconds after I log on, It dampened the colors by a noticeable amount and washed out a lot of contrast. The new one is doing the same thing... I have tried everything in video settings, from...
  7. Slight screen Flicker

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Slight screen Flicker: I recently updated to a 4K UHD monitor. I have two other Acer 1080p monitors hooked into the same graphics cards. I randomly get a slight faint flicker in both the 1080p monitors. I've tried various methods to narrow it down but I'll try to mention all that I've tried. I'm...
  8. Screen Flickering.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering.: Hi there, A couple of days ago the screen of my laptop started flickering. I know this is not a hardware issue because when I try to move the screen the issue is still there and if the laptop is on for a while then it gets fixed but as soon as the screen goes to sleep the...
  9. Screen Flicker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Flicker: I just had the same problem with a Nvidia 2080ti OC and Intel i9-9900k CPU and all new updates from Windows and Nvidia. I corrected the problem using VSync: turned on. I am flying P3D V4.5 and all the Graphics setting in P3D set to max and flying at Innsbruck Austria. My...
  10. screen flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen flickering: I just bought a new ASUS notebook and installed Windows 10, but keep experiencing flickering screens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/screen-flickering/3e50c742-17a8-4ec5-b1c6-dfebe6026b1c