Windows 10: Slightly elevated constant ping and high ping spikes in games

Discus and support Slightly elevated constant ping and high ping spikes in games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have been having some trouble with my new laptop, the laptop is having an issue concerning ping within games League of legends, World of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by waelbensalah, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Slightly elevated constant ping and high ping spikes in games

Hello,

I have been having some trouble with my new laptop, the laptop is having an issue concerning ping within games League of legends, World of warcraft are the ones I tested so far.

The ping is slightly elevated compared to my older PC when I pinged google it was 55-60 ms with my old PC but with this new one it is 90-100 ms and after a few hours of gameplay depends once it was 30 min, other times it's 5-6 hours there is a spike in the ping that get me to 500-600 ms sometimes it drops right after, other times it sticks to that and only a reconnect and disconnect from the internet would solve it not router but only from the PC.

I updated my firmware, searched anything else, I even reinstalled windows, the problem persists.

Took my laptop to my provider and they said everything is fine which isn't .

I tried ethernet it's the same thing.

Is there anything that could help me resolve the problem ? Even only to remove the spikes in order for me to actually play a game .

Thanks in advance

:)

waelbensalah, Jul 26, 2020

2. Random ping spikes in games

System:

Mobo: Gigabtye GA-A320M-S2H

RAM: 2xDDR4 8GB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X

Storage: 1 HDD and 1 SSD (Windows is on SSD)

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070

Problem

While playing online games, my ping will randomly
    spike up
    . In this time, my computer is effectively offline as I can't do anything online (use websites, discord calls etc). In games with built-in ping counters, it commonly reads 10,000 or more ping. After about 10 seconds, the ping will return to normal.
    The ping spikes get less common the longer my computer is on to the point they barely happen. They only start if I play an online game. I have been unable to find a fix that works for the current version of Windows 10.

derpybookshelf, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 High Ping on Games

Is it before the CSGO update or after. Lots of people are reporting this issue after the update. They are saying that the new update has messed up the routing or something. I would suggest to try connection optimizer like Kill Ping. It will bypass all the
    nodes in between and directly connect you to game server.

But first do these steps given in the guide for CSGO

How to Solve High Ping Issues in CS:GO

omairhaider, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Charulay Win User

Slightly elevated constant ping and high ping spikes in games

Issue with ping spikes

ping spikes are still constant and remain unchanged during the file transfer.

Charulay, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Slightly elevated constant ping and high ping spikes in games

1. Slightly elevated constant ping and high ping spikes in games - Similar Threads - Slightly elevated constant

2. High ping spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High ping spikes: So when i try to play roblox i always get a very high ping that lasts about 3 seconds where everyone is stuck and after that time everything goes back to normal for about 20 seconds and the same thing happends again over and over. I have watched so many videos but none of...
  3. High ping spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High ping spikes: So when i try to play roblox i always get a very high ping that lasts about 3 seconds where everyone is stuck and after that time everything goes back to normal for about 20 seconds and the same thing happends again over and over. I have watched so many videos but none of...
  4. High ping spikes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. High ping/latency spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High ping/latency spikes: So around a week ago my internet/wifi connection has gotten worse, I have already called my provider optimum in which they said that it is a either a router issue or an issue with my laptop they reset the modem on their end and I have reset the wifi and modem on my end which...
  6. High ping/latency spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High ping/latency spikes: So around a week ago my internet/wifi connection has gotten worse, I have already called my provider optimum in which they said that it is a either a router issue or an issue with my laptop they reset the modem on their end and I have reset the wifi and modem on my end which...
  7. Consistent and constant high ping spikes with wi-fi

Consistent and constant high ping spikes with wi-fi: Hello,I've been experiencing short duration about 2 seconds high ping spikes +300 ms every 15 seconds or so in my PC, which makes it impossible to play games or do any other task that requires consistent ping.This happens when i'm using wi-fi, when i use an ethernet cable,...
  8. high latency / ping spikes

high latency / ping spikes: For around 3 months now I've been encountering high latency and ping spikes online, I've looked at so many questions like this and not a single person has had the same exact problem, there's always been a way to resolve it, I have literally gone to lengths as far as...
  9. Random High Ping Spikes

Random High Ping Spikes: Internet, This is my first post ever, so no judge haha. Anyways, I've been having quite large ping spikes from 100-999+. It makes all online games pretty much unplayable, I'm not quite sure what the issue is after looking at 10+ different website, nothing seems to work. I've...
  10. Ping spikes in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping spikes in games: So my laptop recently updated to the latest version of windows (1809). I have generally stay away from windows updates because it always breaks something, but despite disabling the updates windows decided to force them on to my laptop. Ever since the update I have experienced...