Windows 10: Slim down Windows 10 - make my own "lite" Edition?

Discus and support Slim down Windows 10 - make my own "lite" Edition? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; OK I did this before with DISM to create a "slightly" slimmed down 1903 image for our company computers. Now we have to build up a virtual desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MasterKyodai, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Slim down Windows 10 - make my own "lite" Edition?

OK I did this before with DISM to create a "slightly" slimmed down 1903 image for our company computers. Now we have to build up a virtual desktop Infrastructure - so in a nutshell a virtualization server that will host loads of virtual Windows 10 clients. Obviously a virtualized computer needs even less features - so we don't really need support for microphones, audio playback, touchscreens, handwriting and so on.

I found working with DISM a bit difficult. I managed to get rid of loads of unwanted stuff, but for some features like for example "Cortana" I did not manage to get rid of it as it seemed to have become an integral part of the system in 1903.

Now after searching a bit more i found some 1903 images that actually managed to get rid of Cortana and other features. There are numerous 1903 "slim" or "lite" editions, most from questionable sources and most don't exxplain how they did what they did.

Obviously 1903 is nearly out of support and I would rather go for 20H2 - or if a new version is released any time soon then maybe that.

"Downloadable" versions are obviously not an option as we got quite a security requirement, so I'd have to create the image myself. Can't risk anything in this corporate environment - so I'll have to start with an official iso.

The only tool i found which does what I can do with DISM - and probably more - would be "NTLite". I can probably talk my boss into buying a license, but I thought I would ask experienced users here about your thoughts. Is NTLite the only realistic solution or are there other ways? I'd also be interested if anyone has any ideas for performance tweaks in a virtualized environment or experiences to share.

submitted by /u/MasterKyodai
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MasterKyodai, Feb 24, 2021

2. Battery and volume icons missing in windows 10 lite

Can you please resolve this problem if any one know about this lite edition windows 10 i am also disable battery on Task manager but did not resolve anything on community suggestion i try but didn't you know why because my windows 10 is lite edition .

Thanks ☺️

fazalrahim2, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 24, 2021
  4. nj15 Win User

Slim down Windows 10 - make my own "lite" Edition?

Nokia Music Edition should be NAMED as Music Edition Lite

No.Tsk tsk tsk..

What will actually consumers think of? Lite? The consumers will think the phone have reduced or limited features/performance.

I doesn't matter if a phone has 5 or 8 band EQs.The most important is the sound quality,the way the phone delivers the quality.

I suggest ME Lite is suitable for Low-end phones.I want a Nokia 1100 ME Lite!
    Message Edited by on 14-Apr-200707:37 PM

Thema:

Slim down Windows 10 - make my own "lite" Edition?

1. Slim down Windows 10 - make my own "lite" Edition? - Similar Threads - Slim down own

2. How To Make A "Lite" or Modded Windows ISO. Tool + Premade Lite Win 10 ISO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Make A "Lite" or Modded Windows ISO. Tool + Premade Lite Win 10 ISO: Original XDA Thread with Download Links: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/how-to-make-a-lite-or-modded-windows-iso-tool-premade-lite-win-10-iso.4496967/ Hello Friends~! Today I want to walk you through modifying any windows iso, to strip it of unneeded programs, thus...
  3. Windows 10 lite

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 lite: > Hey, I want to use windows 10 lite version, my laptop has only 4 gb ram. How to download lite version. > DOES THE EXCEL AND OFFICE WORK SAME WAY AS IN WINDOWS 10 OFFICIAL VERSIONS ?...
  4. Create my own "lite" Windows 10? Any approach?

Create my own "lite" Windows 10? Any approach?: have to create a "light" Windows 10 for a virtualized desktop infrastructure project. Did that before - with DISM - for rollout on fat clients using 1903. DISM is... let me say that carefully... "uncomfortable". Only other way I know is "NTLite". Any other ideas?...
  5. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition not coming up in my 'Owned Games'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition not coming up in my 'Owned Games': I own minecraft windows 10 edition with this account. I have used this account to download minecraft on 2 of my pcs before. I reset my pc to give it a fresh start and now I come to download everything again, I cannot download Minecraft from the Microsoft Store. It only...
  6. Windows 10 Lite/Legacy Edition LE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Lite/Legacy Edition LE: Will there ever be a Lite/Legacy edition LE of Windows 10, using only the old control panel, with the "modern" app layer fully removed but Action Center Win+A retained if possible? I preferred Windows 7 in most aspects, but the one thing I like about Win10 is the ability to...
  7. Slim down a fresh Windows 10 install

Slim down a fresh Windows 10 install: Is it possible to remove all the crap that gets installed with a fresh install of Windows 10? I'm not talking about a the manufacturers crap but the cruft that Microsoft installs. All I need on it is a browser and text editor to begin with boa whole heap of stuff that I will...
  8. Lite Windows 10 version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lite Windows 10 version: I use a tablet running windows 10 but it stopped updating because of small disc size. Who knows if there is a lite Windows 10 version to install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lite-windows-10-version/8aafd585-aa42-46ed-a4dd-3933de2b52df"
  9. windows 10 lite?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 lite?: I have a Dell Inspiron with only a 32gb SSD that came with windows 10 installed. The operating system took up so much memory that after ms office install there was insufficient space to even allow a windows update albeit it was a major update at the time I believe. My...
  10. how do i make myself my own administrator on my own pc with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i make myself my own administrator on my own pc with windows 10: how do I make myself administrator on my pc with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-myself-my-own-administrator-on-my/41df3d8e-4ab6-47c2-ab29-c284e356bde5