Windows 10: Slimware hacked my computer and will not quit billing me. HAS THIS HAPPEND TO ANYONE ELSE?

Discus and support Slimware hacked my computer and will not quit billing me. HAS THIS HAPPEND TO ANYONE ELSE? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; At the end of 2018 beginning of 2019 I purchased a new Computer and printer. The first day I got online to work, using both of them, a window popped up... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by amandabenton12, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Slimware hacked my computer and will not quit billing me. HAS THIS HAPPEND TO ANYONE ELSE?

At the end of 2018 beginning of 2019 I purchased a new Computer and printer. The first day I got online to work, using both of them, a window popped up with what appeared to be an official Microsoft message stating that my drivers were out of date. I thought to myself, how could this be. After clicking on the updates, it started doing a bunch of stuff I cannot even explain I am Not too computer savvy with a bunch of other pop ups, etc. Then it appeared that someone was moving my mouse for me. Then, I briefly noticed something about a $ charge so I immediately tried clicking my mouse to make it stop but nothing I did would stop it. It also said that if I turn my computer off, keep in mind I had just purchased this computer and was using it for the first time, that it would uninstall some or all of my Microsoft programs. Scared of what might happen to my new computer I let it finish. My computer seemed to work correctly so I didn't think much about it UNTIL 05/11/20, when I paid off a credit card. Stay with me here.... When my accountant asked me about a payment on this particular card, I told her I had paid that card off so there shouldn't be any charges on that particular card. She said there was a company listed on my statement called "SLIMWRE*PRMIUM SUPPORT, charging me $24.95. I never approved the charge so I called the number on my statement and complained to a guy who could barely speak english that they fraudulently charged my card and I wanted the charges refunded immediately. He acted like he understood and was compliant, so I thought. However, they continued to charge my account, over and over again. THIS company had to be the ones on my computer that day when I first got my computer, hacking into my computer and getting my credit card information. Every month they continued to charge my credit card, until finally, I cancelled the credit card and got a new one. I looked back at my previous statements and they had been charging my creditcard for over a year. The reason why my accountant didn't bring it to my attention sooner is because she said it looked like a legit charge so she had no reason to question me about it, plus it was a minimal amount of $24.95. However, $24.95X24=598.80. That's alot of money to me. My real question is, has this happend to anyone else and how do I know if they are OUT OF MY COMPUTER or still have access to my stuff? I have tried to dispute it with my credit card company and they are saying that I should've brought it to their attention sooner. Yes, I agree, if I had known! If this has happend to anyone else, please tell me what you did to resolve a similar issue. Thanks in advance for your help. Hopefully this thread will prevent someone else going through the same dilemma.

:)

amandabenton12, Apr 7, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

slimware

Hi Brian,

Look through your Startup items and see if Slimware is listed

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See if Slimware is listed there

If it is, select it and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list Look for Slimware, uncheck any you find

Click Apply and OK

Then Open WIndows File Explroer and go into C:\Program Files and delete any Slimware folder you find, then the same with C:\Program Files (x86)

Restart your System and this annoyance should be gone . . .

DaveM121, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    How to uninstall software "Driver update" SlimWare Utilities.inc?

Hi Lilien,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To uninstall the SlimWare Utilities follow these steps and check if it helps.

You may try to uninstall and reinstall the SlimWare Utilities
    and check if it works. To uninstall the software follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      SlimWare Utilities and click on
      Uninstall.
    Note: Make sure you have the installation media for
    SlimWare Utilities before uninstalling it.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Louie Del Win User

Slimware hacked my computer and will not quit billing me. HAS THIS HAPPEND TO ANYONE ELSE?

slimware is on my computer, now and i want to uninstall.

Hi Tony,

Slimware is considered as a harmless malware and potentially unwanted application. To uninstall this program, here are the steps:

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Select Uninstall a program under Programs.
    • Once the list of installed programs shows up, look for DriverUpdate – Slimware Util.
    • Right-click the program, then click Uninstall.

To ensure that your browsers are not infected by malware, we suggest that you
    reset Internet Explorer settings.

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons.

Let us know if you have other concerns that we can assist you with.

Louie Del, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Slimware hacked my computer and will not quit billing me. HAS THIS HAPPEND TO ANYONE ELSE?

1. Slimware hacked my computer and will not quit billing me. HAS THIS HAPPEND TO ANYONE ELSE? - Similar Threads - Slimware hacked computer

2. Has anyone else been hacked and or knows coding to help me out? Can you they come thru...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone else been hacked and or knows coding to help me out? Can you they come thru...: Has anyone else been hacked and its under your microsoft account? I wonder how there able to get through unless higher ups know about it. There trying to steal our business and taken over emails, and in quickbooks. Thiongs are only going to get worse because noone knows how...
  3. Has anyone else been hacked and or knows coding to help me out? Can you they come thru...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone else been hacked and or knows coding to help me out? Can you they come thru...: Has anyone else been hacked and its under your microsoft account? I wonder how there able to get through unless higher ups know about it. There trying to steal our business and taken over emails, and in quickbooks. Thiongs are only going to get worse because noone knows how...
  4. Has anyone else been hacked and or knows coding to help me out? Can you they come thru...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Has anyone else’s computer bricked?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has anyone else’s computer bricked?: I downloaded the latest update last night and it totally fucked up my computer. I have the “Reboot and select proper boot device” message after I guess the OS just shit the bed. I can only enter UEFI bios. Setting correct boot order does nothing and I have no Windows disc to...
  6. pls help me with my computer i miscliked and this happend

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pls help me with my computer i miscliked and this happend: all black color become white and white black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pls-help-me-with-my-computer-i-miscliked-and-this/841f6245-9469-4bb5-af43-de920ce8d73f
  7. pls help me with my computer i miscliked and this happend

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pls help me with my computer i miscliked and this happend: all black color become white and white black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pls-help-me-with-my-computer-i-miscliked-and-this/841f6245-9469-4bb5-af43-de920ce8d73f
  8. pls help me with my computer i miscliked and this happend

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. is slimware safe for computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is slimware safe for computer.: slimware scam,or real. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-slimware-safe-for-computer/e116dd81-bf4c-4a75-88e1-ec78b674af10
  10. My computer has been hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer has been hacked: My computer has been hacked and a hidden user has gained access. In an effort to delete default users, there are several now, I still cant find out how or where they are. I have disabled network sharing and turned off Wi-Fi and so far I haven't detected the...