Windows 10: Slipstreaming still necessary?

Discus and support Slipstreaming still necessary? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello folks, I am on the way of a new era of using SSD. My evo 860 just arrived. I do not want to go through the installation of 100s of updates so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by crackhammer, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Slipstreaming still necessary?

Hello folks,

I am on the way of a new era of using SSD. My evo 860 just arrived. I do not want to go through the installation of 100s of updates so was considering slipstreaming updates in the installation media.

Going through older threads here makes me feel that ISO downloaded using Heidoc is usually the latest. I downloaded Win 10 Home on 6th Oct 2018 (probably 1809). My questions are
    - Latest ISO download is always the latest with all updates? So no slipstreaming required?
    - How do I figure out which version I downloaded (i.e. is it really 1809)?
    - If slipstreaming is still required, I have updates downloaded using WSUS. How do I slipstream the installation media with updates downloaded using WSUS over the period of time?

Many thanks in advance.

:)

crackhammer, Oct 9, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Slipstreaming still necessary? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 9, 2018
  3. mech-tech Win User
    Slipstreaming from the point of legality

As far as I know it is installing programs such as drivers with the installation of the operating system.

mech-tech, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Slipstreaming still necessary?

Sasqui, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Slipstreaming still necessary?

1. Slipstreaming still necessary? - Similar Threads - Slipstreaming still necessary

2. Is PrintDisp.exe necessary?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is PrintDisp.exe necessary?: Please excuse the sub-topic, there was no applicable item to choose from.I saw PrintDisp.exe in my startup apps and was trying to figure out if it needed to run on boot. When I search for it in Apps & Features, it doesn't show up but it shows as running in Task Manager. Is...
  3. Is PrintDisp.exe necessary?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is PrintDisp.exe necessary?: Please excuse the sub-topic, there was no applicable item to choose from.I saw PrintDisp.exe in my startup apps and was trying to figure out if it needed to run on boot. When I search for it in Apps & Features, it doesn't show up but it shows as running in Task Manager. Is...
  4. Slipstream kb4598245 into Windows 10 1803?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slipstream kb4598245 into Windows 10 1803?: Can this be added to the base ISO of Windows 10 1803 with DISM or does it need any other updates or servicing stack updates added first? submitted by /u/rancho100 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kxfh91/slipstream_kb4598245_into_windows_10_1803/
  5. are they necessary

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    are they necessary: After my upgrade to Win 10 (over Win 7) I have a lot of Microsoft Visual C++ files, some x86 some x64 going back as far as 2011. I also have some Visual Studios redistributables most x64 but one x86) going back to 2012. Are all these iterations necessary? Can i delete some?...
  6. Is this Process Necessary?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is this Process Necessary?: Something called "Windows Modules Installer Wor..." is running and uses a lot of memory. My system is running slow (that pesky Windows 10) so I'd like to know if I need this process. This is right after restarting and installing updates. Thanks! Joe in Orlando. I only have...
  7. Is 1803 necessary?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is 1803 necessary?: Is it necessary to install 1803 prior to installing 1809? My PC won't install 1803 (it has 1709 installed) and I thought that I'd just download the ISO for 1809 and install that, skipping 1803. If that possible?...
  8. Manually Slipstreaming the KB4093105?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Manually Slipstreaming the KB4093105?: I always do this on desktop so make 3 folders on desktop: Sources, mount, package. Copy install.wim/install.esd to Sources Copy the KB to package Open Admin command and cd to Desktop. NOTE: You can copy and paste the commands below. Save some typing and avoid mistake....
  9. Are these services necessary?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are these services necessary?: After the anniversary update I notice these services and was wondering if I really needed them, some are running. You can't disabled them through services and properties. UserDataSvc_43ced UnistoreSvc_43ced WpnUserService_43ced PimIndexMaintenanceSvc_43ced 62956
  10. Is it still necessary to remove non-OS disks during installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it still necessary to remove non-OS disks during installation?: With Vista/7/8/8.1, having more than 1 HDD/SSD physically attached meant that the system partition(s) could potentially be on any disk. Is this still the case in 10, or has Microsoft finally fixed this bug? 35284