Windows 10: Slow (10 minutes or more) initial access to internet

Discus and support Slow (10 minutes or more) initial access to internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is a problem sporadically affecting two Windows 10 machines we have in our house. Most of the time, internet access is as expected - log in,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by asus2016, Apr 5, 2018.

1. asus2016 Win User

Slow (10 minutes or more) initial access to internet

This is a problem sporadically affecting two Windows 10 machines we have in our house.

Most of the time, internet access is as expected - log in, and, within reason starting fresh, you're on the internet and going.

But sometimes, the computer will be in a seemingly-normal state, and there's no internet access, and the connection to the home wifi has not happened.

In both cases, the computers are used during the day, then restarted at end of day, and fall into a sleep state, before being wakened in the morning to log in.

And 90% of the time, the post-login internet access works fine.

It's just that 10% that has me confused. That, and the fact that I've never done anything to make it come back - just let time slowly pass.

Any explanations or things to check?

:)

asus2016, Apr 5, 2018
  2. JCT15 Win User

Connected but no internet - DNS issue?

My computer is able to connect to wi-fi but without any internet access. There was some very slow access initially (no more than 2 mbps), but it gradually dropped off until it hit 0. My other devices are able to connect to this wi-fi network with no problem,
    and the computer in question has been able to connect to other networks without issue in the past. The network troubleshooter doesn't provide a consistent error message, but it seems to be related to DNS.

JCT15, Apr 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10 takes up to 15 minutes or more to start up

John

Thw wiki describes what to do if you get the "sources" error. You need to mount a win 10 ISO of the same build as you have installed and point to it. See the wiki

I honesty would skip to checking the HD if it takes that long

To test a suspect HD You should do 2 things as described in this wiki

HD Checking -- How to test yours

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Apr 5, 2018
  4. Slow (10 minutes or more) initial access to internet

I check two things.

Are these computers asleep when you awaken or are they hibernating? Maybe shut hibernation off on one and see if behaviour changes.

Next I would check the power management options of your NIC's (in device manager). Uncheck allow the computer to shut off device to save power" and test.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Slow (10 minutes or more) initial access to internet

1. Slow (10 minutes or more) initial access to internet - Similar Threads - Slow minutes more

2. Initial slowness

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Initial slowness: After startup, my Win10 laptop goes through a period of very slow response lasting 3-10 min. It's been like this for a few months. It's bad enough that I can't do hardly anything. Windows appears to be fully loaded, with the desktop icons in place and everything looking...
  3. Initial slowness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Initial slowness: After startup, my Win10 laptop goes through a period of very slow response lasting 3-10 min. It's been like this for a few months. It's bad enough that I can't do hardly anything. Windows appears to be fully loaded, with the desktop icons in place and everything looking...
  4. Initial slowness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recently Internet access is really slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recently Internet access is really slow: Win 10 20H2 PCs on a network, 100MBs NICs and switch, FIOS service 75 GBs Up/Down The internet is so slow that signing into OneDrive fails repeatably with error messages like we can't find that IP address but it eventually connects This problem occurs on all PCs on the...
  6. Unable to use the internet for more that a minute at times thanks to Svchost

Unable to use the internet for more that a minute at times thanks to Svchost: I am at my wits end , for the past 3 or so months I haven't been able to effectively use the internet in any shape or form on my PC . I thought I managed to somehow fix it with a solution found here and not from an "official" answer but the problem . Sometimes I go through a...
  7. Windows 10 slows internet access

Windows 10 slows internet access: I recently purchased a Dell computer with Windows Pro 64 bit, After much troubleshooting, tech visits and purchase of a new router, i tried the following I booted into Ubuntu and ran the speed test - all speeds here are download; upload has been consistent in all configs....
  8. Wi-Fi disconnects internet access every 10-15 minutes

Wi-Fi disconnects internet access every 10-15 minutes: Every 10-15minutes my Windows 10 computer has an internet connectivity issue. When the issue occurs: - A constant ping to Google DNS <8.8.8.8> drops for 10-25packets - A constant ping to my router/default gateway <192.168.0.1> drops for 10-25packets - VOIP software...
  9. This is not a question, but more of advice on slow internet by windows 10.

This is not a question, but more of advice on slow internet by windows 10.: I've been having dreadful slow internet on the new updates from windows 10 - slowing down my computer. I was searching high and low online from my phone for some answers. They were all good but not effective. I did the uninstall of updates on 1909, ipconfig release and...
  10. No internet access -RPC initialization error in RpcServerUseProtseq:n

No internet access -RPC initialization error in RpcServerUseProtseq:n: After performing a system reset on my windows 10 Home PC. On booting I get a critical error "Task Scheduler service has encountered RPC initialization error in "RpcServerUseProtseq:ncacn_ip_tcp". Additional Data: Error Value: 14." Connection to wifi router is OK but no...