Windows 10: Slow AD login on Windows 10

Discus and support Slow AD login on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So very sporadically we have an issue where a couple of our Windows 10 LTSC systems on a domain experience a delay logging in with an AD account 30 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Colonel.TMan, May 19, 2020.

1. Slow AD login on Windows 10

So very sporadically we have an issue where a couple of our Windows 10 LTSC systems on a domain experience a delay logging in with an AD account 30 to 90 seconds. Local accounts are fine, just AD accounts. The systems are VMware VM's with a static IP and yes DNS settings are correct and the system in question is connecting to the correct DC. When the issue occurs we can fix the problem by removing the system from the domain then rejoining and the problem is resolved. For the most part it fixes the issue but we have seen a reoccurrence. Has any one seen this. While I have seen other somewhat similar issues searching online, they are not quite the same.

:)

Colonel.TMan, May 19, 2020
  2. NaelAmer Win User

Windows 10 Very Slow Login

Hi Arul,

What's with the slow login and unlocking in Windows 10? We're still suffering with the issue, we're using high end PCs, overclocked ones with SSDs and paid that much for speed, and Windows 10 comes to slow down our machines?!

Please raise this issue to higher level management or someone who can take a real step in fixing the issue ASAP.

Thank you.

NaelAmer, May 19, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 19, 2020
  4. Slow AD login on Windows 10

Windows 10 slow running performance when joined an AD and using an AD-Account

We recently updated our teams infrastructure to Windows 10 within an AD.

Everything works fine except:
    We're observing slow performance in some situations. First observed was it as our Post-Compiling Powershell skript within VS2017 ran slower than below Windows 7. Google was also not helpful - but by now we hadn't the time to investigate further. Now recently we updated our CI build farm, too (TeamCity as CI Server). There we saw increasing build times by over 100% - a build for reference took 7m33s before the upgrade, after it stays at 17m05s.

Research here at StackExchange and google were not expressive.
    A little more research brought us the finding that if we run the Agent with an local account on the machine (still in AD) we're getting build times around 8m50s.

The buildjob contains different MSBuild steps, nUnint runner and some powershell steps. No network activity - all is done locally on the agent. One MSBuild step took previously 36s and now 1m02s. Same with the NUint step - 30s vs 1m24s (all with the AD-User).

Any suggestion where the problem is?

Hans Martin, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Slow AD login on Windows 10

1. Slow AD login on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Slow login

2. Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update: Hello, we are experiencing a slow login issue on a different Surface Model running Windows 10 22H2. We found that when stopping the 'Readiness Service' and setting the startup type to 'disabled' and login process just goes quick. This is a good workaround for troubleshooting...
  3. Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update: Hello, we are experiencing a slow login issue on a different Surface Model running Windows 10 22H2. We found that when stopping the 'Readiness Service' and setting the startup type to 'disabled' and login process just goes quick. This is a good workaround for troubleshooting...
  4. Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Start Menu does not open, Login to user account is very slow and Microsoft Store...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start Menu does not open, Login to user account is very slow and Microsoft Store...: Lately I'm having strange effects in one of my main user account in Windows 11.The effects are:1. Login to my user account takes very long to complete, about 5 minutes of black screen and only then it shows the desktop and actually starts the login phase of starting up all...
  6. Windows Start Menu does not open, Login to user account is very slow and Microsoft Store...

Windows Start Menu does not open, Login to user account is very slow and Microsoft Store...: Lately I'm having strange effects in one of my main user account in Windows 11.The effects are:1. Login to my user account takes very long to complete, about 5 minutes of black screen and only then it shows the desktop and actually starts the login phase of starting up all...
  7. Slow login, >1 minute spent in 'Welcome'

Slow login, >1 minute spent in 'Welcome': Hi,I have recently noticed that login 'welcome' takes more time than usual now >1 minute. After login fingerprint, face, etc, the 'Welcome' with the dotted circle take a minute. I have followed all what is recommended in...
  8. Slow login, >1 minute spent in 'Welcome'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow login, >1 minute spent in 'Welcome': Hi,I have recently noticed that login 'welcome' takes more time than usual now >1 minute. After login fingerprint, face, etc, the 'Welcome' with the dotted circle take a minute. I have followed all what is recommended in...
  9. Slow login, >1 minute spent in 'Welcome'

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. New Findings to the Slow AD Login with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Findings to the Slow AD Login with Windows 10: So some time back I posted a question about slow AD login issues.Slow AD login on Windows 10 - Microsoft CommunityI recently have obtained new information. Our issue started when we when to Window 10 LTSC in our manufacturing facility. These systems would randomly experience...