Windows 10: Slow Alt-Tab and Photos

Discus and support Slow Alt-Tab and Photos in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In the past month or so alt-tabbing and other windows apps like photos have become extremely slow. Pressing "next" in photos makes it lag for 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Panda115, May 5, 2021.

1. Panda115 Win User

Slow Alt-Tab and Photos

In the past month or so alt-tabbing and other windows apps like photos have become extremely slow. Pressing "next" in photos makes it lag for 10 seconds, and if I tab out of it I cannot tab back in. Alt-tab has similar issues, it will take upto 10 seconds for that to complete as well.I would understand this if I was on a laptop but I have a decently powered rig, to where browsing photos or alt tabbing between my browser and a document should not take this long. I have had much less powerful computers running Windows 7 and I don't remember this ever being an issue.

:)

Panda115, May 5, 2021

2. alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

Slow Alt-Tab and Photos Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, May 5, 2021
  3. alt + tab not working

*Confused Slow Alt-Tab and Photos :confused: I can alt tab back even if i don't have another program to switch too.

spearman914, May 5, 2021
  4. MrDaryl Win User

Slow Alt-Tab and Photos

Slow alt-tab

Hello,

I just uprgaded to W10 recently, and discovered very annoying problem. Since I work with modding some games, I have to alt-tab a lot, from full screen to desktop. In W7 it was taking like 1 second to alt-tab to deskop, but on W10 it is like 4-5 seconds, and I hate losing this time, it feels like 5 times longer. Is this normal, is my PC spec to slow for W10 + alt-tam games? I don't mention any particular game, because I tried many of them, and it happens on them all, old games, new games, same thing...

My drivers are up to date.

Please advice something, I still have 5 days to revert to W7 then it will be too late.

MrDaryl, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Slow Alt-Tab and Photos

1. Slow Alt-Tab and Photos - Similar Threads - Slow Alt Tab

2. Alt-Tabbing Slow/Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt-Tabbing Slow/Not Working: Hi All,I had a new issue arise last week with no software changes. When I attempt to alt-tab to any other program regardless of what I am currently using, the application I attempt to change to, will blink orange on my taskbar and nothing else would happen.I've tried...
  3. Alt-Tabbing Slow/Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt-Tabbing Slow/Not Working: Hi All,I had a new issue arise last week with no software changes. When I attempt to alt-tab to any other program regardless of what I am currently using, the application I attempt to change to, will blink orange on my taskbar and nothing else would happen.I've tried...
  4. Alt-Tabbing Slow/Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Slow alt-tabbing while gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow alt-tabbing while gaming: Hi, as the title says: while I'm playing games (for instance Rust or League of Legends), alt-tabbing goes very slowly. It takes about 2-3 seconds, which was never the case before. I have tried turning off focus assist, but it doesn't work anymore (I recall having had this...
  6. Slow Alt tab on new laptop

Slow Alt tab on new laptop: I got a new Lenovo C940 yesterday and have been having 1 problem with it. I use Alt tab quite a lot but on this laptop it's been really slow, almost as if it pauses before switching windows. Anybody know how I can fix it? Also I have focus assist off and haven't done any...
  7. [BUG] Slow ALT+Tabbing between programs

[BUG] Slow ALT+Tabbing between programs: don't know what's happening, but alt+tab freezes for a bit, it used to be simultaneous before. submitted by /u/nwr83 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dpt8rs/bug_slow_alttabbing_between_programs/
  8. Windows 10 Alt-tab slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Alt-tab slow: Hello i have been having a lot of issues with my pc due to my own stupidity i have now fixed those issues but the way i did it was to rollback windows update and now after having doing so i have encountered that my alt-tab is quite slow when in a full screen game any help...
  9. the Alt + Tab is slow when i play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the Alt + Tab is slow when i play: I played perfectly before updating to 1803 now my Alt + Tab is super slow Is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/the-alt-tab-is-slow-when-i-play/53784add-9317-4513-94f6-4b5ab7ef9042
  10. Slow alt-tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow alt-tab: Hello, I just uprgaded to W10 recently, and discovered very annoying problem. Since I work with modding some games, I have to alt-tab a lot, from full screen to desktop. In W7 it was taking like 1 second to alt-tab to deskop, but on W10 it is like 4-5 seconds, and I hate...