Windows 10: Slow Alt tab on new laptop

Discus and support Slow Alt tab on new laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a new Lenovo C940 yesterday and have been having 1 problem with it. I use Alt tab quite a lot but on this laptop it's been really slow, almost as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/anmol1036, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Slow Alt tab on new laptop

I got a new Lenovo C940 yesterday and have been having 1 problem with it. I use Alt tab quite a lot but on this laptop it's been really slow, almost as if it pauses before switching windows. Anybody know how I can fix it? Also I have focus assist off and haven't done any gaming on it. this is a video I took of what's happening

submitted by /u/anmol1036
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/anmol1036, Dec 20, 2019
  2. lZKoce Win User

alt tabbing increases system performance?

To add to the library here: Blacklight Retribution doesn't respond well on alt+tab. At least on my laptop.

lZKoce, Dec 20, 2019
  3. MrDaryl Win User
    Slow alt-tab

Hello,

I just uprgaded to W10 recently, and discovered very annoying problem. Since I work with modding some games, I have to alt-tab a lot, from full screen to desktop. In W7 it was taking like 1 second to alt-tab to deskop, but on W10 it is like 4-5 seconds, and I hate losing this time, it feels like 5 times longer. Is this normal, is my PC spec to slow for W10 + alt-tam games? I don't mention any particular game, because I tried many of them, and it happens on them all, old games, new games, same thing...

My drivers are up to date.

Please advice something, I still have 5 days to revert to W7 then it will be too late.

MrDaryl, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Slow Alt tab on new laptop

alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

Slow Alt tab on new laptop Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Slow Alt tab on new laptop

1. Slow Alt tab on new laptop - Similar Threads - Slow Alt tab

2. Alt-Tabbing Slow/Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt-Tabbing Slow/Not Working: Hi All,I had a new issue arise last week with no software changes. When I attempt to alt-tab to any other program regardless of what I am currently using, the application I attempt to change to, will blink orange on my taskbar and nothing else would happen.I've tried...
  3. Alt-Tabbing Slow/Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt-Tabbing Slow/Not Working: Hi All,I had a new issue arise last week with no software changes. When I attempt to alt-tab to any other program regardless of what I am currently using, the application I attempt to change to, will blink orange on my taskbar and nothing else would happen.I've tried...
  4. Alt-Tabbing Slow/Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Slow Alt-Tab and Photos

Slow Alt-Tab and Photos: In the past month or so alt-tabbing and other windows apps like photos have become extremely slow. Pressing "next" in photos makes it lag for 10 seconds, and if I tab out of it I cannot tab back in. Alt-tab has similar issues, it will take upto 10 seconds for that to complete...
  6. Slow alt-tabbing while gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow alt-tabbing while gaming: Hi, as the title says: while I'm playing games (for instance Rust or League of Legends), alt-tabbing goes very slowly. It takes about 2-3 seconds, which was never the case before. I have tried turning off focus assist, but it doesn't work anymore (I recall having had this...
  7. [BUG] Slow ALT+Tabbing between programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [BUG] Slow ALT+Tabbing between programs: don't know what's happening, but alt+tab freezes for a bit, it used to be simultaneous before. submitted by /u/nwr83 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dpt8rs/bug_slow_alttabbing_between_programs/
  8. Windows 10 Alt-tab slow

Windows 10 Alt-tab slow: Hello i have been having a lot of issues with my pc due to my own stupidity i have now fixed those issues but the way i did it was to rollback windows update and now after having doing so i have encountered that my alt-tab is quite slow when in a full screen game any help...
  9. the Alt + Tab is slow when i play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the Alt + Tab is slow when i play: I played perfectly before updating to 1803 now my Alt + Tab is super slow Is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/the-alt-tab-is-slow-when-i-play/53784add-9317-4513-94f6-4b5ab7ef9042
  10. Slow alt-tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow alt-tab: Hello, I just uprgaded to W10 recently, and discovered very annoying problem. Since I work with modding some games, I have to alt-tab a lot, from full screen to desktop. In W7 it was taking like 1 second to alt-tab to deskop, but on W10 it is like 4-5 seconds, and I hate...