Windows 10: Slow alt-tab

Discus and support Slow alt-tab in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I just uprgaded to W10 recently, and discovered very annoying problem. Since I work with modding some games, I have to alt-tab a lot, from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MrDaryl, Jan 9, 2017.

1. MrDaryl Win User

Slow alt-tab

Hello,

I just uprgaded to W10 recently, and discovered very annoying problem. Since I work with modding some games, I have to alt-tab a lot, from full screen to desktop. In W7 it was taking like 1 second to alt-tab to deskop, but on W10 it is like 4-5 seconds, and I hate losing this time, it feels like 5 times longer. Is this normal, is my PC spec to slow for W10 + alt-tam games? I don't mention any particular game, because I tried many of them, and it happens on them all, old games, new games, same thing...

My drivers are up to date.

Please advice something, I still have 5 days to revert to W7 then it will be too late.

:)

MrDaryl, Jan 9, 2017
  2. T. Frost Win User

ALT+TAB to desktop no longer an option?

"All my open tabs"? What does that mean? I use Alt+Tab to go to the window or the desktop I want, not tabs.

There was no need to click on anything with Alt+Tab. Having to use keys AND click will just slow things down, but that seems to be what Windows is all about after Windows 7.

T. Frost, Jan 9, 2017
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Romel Ram, Jan 9, 2017
Thema:

Slow alt-tab

1. Slow alt-tab - Similar Threads - Slow alt tab

2. alt tab doesn't toggle

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab doesn't toggle: Never had this issue: when i alt tab to something, it doesn't toggle. Or clicking on icon on taskbar doesn't bring that up. While start menu experience host is running. Also when i bring up pop out window from chrome and want alt tab back to main window - main window isn't...
  3. Windows 10 Alt-tab slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Alt-tab slow: Hello i have been having a lot of issues with my pc due to my own stupidity i have now fixed those issues but the way i did it was to rollback windows update and now after having doing so i have encountered that my alt-tab is quite slow when in a full screen game any help...
  4. Random Alt-Tabs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random Alt-Tabs?: So, this issue developed some weeks ago. Every hour, from start-up, I get alt-tabbed to a mystery window, called 'Update' according to WindowsFocusLogger. I've tried disabling tasks, I've tried closing down non-essential tasks at start up - I've tried **** round in...
  5. the Alt + Tab is slow when i play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the Alt + Tab is slow when i play: I played perfectly before updating to 1803 now my Alt + Tab is super slow Is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/the-alt-tab-is-slow-when-i-play/53784add-9317-4513-94f6-4b5ab7ef9042
  6. Weird alt tab issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird alt tab issue?: I run a 4k monitor and then two side 1440p monitors. So i have my games set to borderless windowed mode so i can easily switch to the other monitors in the middle of gaming. Before i did this clean install of anniversary update if i had a game open and hit alt tab the taskbar...
  7. alt tab into desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab into desktop?: How do i alt tab into desktop like in windows 7? I don't like w + d. 77463
  8. Problem with Alt + Tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Alt + Tab: Hi, I have been experiencing an odd and rather annoying problem with alt + tab. [img] As you see the screenshot, these apps (Store, Window Feedback, Mail, Weather) have been keep popping up when I do alt + tab. Even I turn them off, they pop again after minutes or...
  9. Alt+Tab not working at all

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alt+Tab not working at all: I can't get Alt+Tab to function. Win+Tab works fine, as does Left-Alt+Right-Alt+Tab. But I need Alt+Tab for a lot of the multi-tasking I do, and Win+Tab just doesn't cut it. I've checked in settings, and the Alt+Tab option in there is set to "Only the Desktop I'm Using";...
  10. Alt-Tab To Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab To Desktop: Is it possible to add desktop back to the alt-tab menu? 52798