Windows 10: Slow and intermittent internet via Ethernet

Discus and support Slow and intermittent internet via Ethernet in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I should first say I don't have a traditional internet setup do to my location, but so far I've had no problems with my tower connecting via ethernet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/anoctopusmaybeasquid, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Slow and intermittent internet via Ethernet

I should first say I don't have a traditional internet setup do to my location, but so far I've had no problems with my tower connecting via ethernet to a WIFIextender.

Today for some reason my internet on my tower decided to completely stop working. I did a network reset and that got me connected, but it's not as good of a connection as it was before. The download speeds are intermittent varying from 3 Mpbs to 50 Mbps. The real issue is my upload speeds which don't even reach 1 Mbps, mostly staying around .05. Anything connected via WIFI seems to be doing fine, so I don't think it's the extender, but I could be wrong about that.

Things I've tried:

New ethernet cable

Network reset (which got me back online, but not back to normal)

Windows and driver updates

Disabling Large Send Offload

Anyone here know what the issue might be or other things I can try that might help?

submitted by /u/anoctopusmaybeasquid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/anoctopusmaybeasquid, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Sep 22, 2020
  3. I3C
    i3c Win User
    surface dock ethernet disconnects intermittently

Hi This is my second Surface Dock (connected to Surface Book) The first one intermittently lost connection to my monitor. After many attempts to remedy I ended up solving the problem by replacing it.

The replacement is working ok with my monitor but now the Ethernet disconnects intermittently. Hopefully I don't have another faulty dock. Any suggestions?

4. Slow and intermittent internet via Ethernet

WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Slow and intermittent internet via Ethernet

1. Slow and intermittent internet via Ethernet - Similar Threads - Slow intermittent internet

2. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet: I have three windows PCs that I just bought, all the same model. When I plug two of the PCs into ethernet, they connect to 'network 2' and get internet but when I connect the third PC to the same ethernet port, it tries to connect to network 3 and doesn't get internet....
  3. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet: I have three windows PCs that I just bought, all the same model. When I plug two of the PCs into ethernet, they connect to 'network 2' and get internet but when I connect the third PC to the same ethernet port, it tries to connect to network 3 and doesn't get internet....
  4. Slow upload to the Internet via Ethernet and WiFi on Windows 10

Slow upload to the Internet via Ethernet and WiFi on Windows 10: Hi,I've got Fiber Optics lately and now my upload speed does not match providers specs when uploading stuff from any Windows 10 machine on home network. Provider specs are 200/20 mbps , but I am getting 200/3-5 mbps. I am pretty sure it is windows' fault, because any other OS...
  5. No internet via ethernet

No internet via ethernet: Hello I'm having some trouble with my connection over ethernet. Wireless works fine and the same ethernet cable works on my laptop. The problem is my ethernet on my PC. Firstly I used the windows troubleshooter and got the error "No valid IP". I checked my ip using ipconfig...
  6. Ethernet internet speed is slow

Ethernet internet speed is slow: My computer is getting slower internet speeds on the same network as other computers. When running a speed test on my laptop on speedtest.net it shows download speeds of 400+ Mbps on the ethernet cable. Now taking that same ethernet cable and plugging it into my desktop I am...
  7. Slow Connecting via Ethernet?

Slow Connecting via Ethernet?: I have an unusual issue that seems to have just started occurring over the past month. My i-7 desktop with 16 gb RAM is connected to my router via an Ethernet cable. Connection speed (upload and download) is 25-30 Mbs. Have Windows 10 Anniversary Edition fully updated. If...
  8. No internet connection via wifi or ethernet

No internet connection via wifi or ethernet: Please help. My laptop is for some unknown reason not connecting to the internet via wifi or ethernet. It will also not diagnose the problem as it says The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running and it cannot fix it. Please can someone advise - I'm not super techy. but I...
  9. Problem Connecting To Internet Via Ethernet

Problem Connecting To Internet Via Ethernet: Hello all, I've seen many forums with the same issues, but to no avail I still am experiencing the same problems. I was given my desktop about a week ago by my uncle, and I wiped it cleaned and installed Windows 10 Pro. I go to connect the Ethernet cable and it says...
  10. Internet connection via ethernet problems

Internet connection via ethernet problems: I hope I'm putting this in the right place. We have two desktop pcs both running W10. Husbands PC was off for a while then wouldn't connect to the internet. Now mine has had to be switched off for a couple of months and we're having the same problem with this one too. Neither...