Windows 10: Slow and unresponsive laptop

Discus and support Slow and unresponsive laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My old laptop started slowing down and going unresponsive. I thought it was getting ready to crash so I purchased a new one. I transferred everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by craigp_882, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Slow and unresponsive laptop

My old laptop started slowing down and going unresponsive. I thought it was getting ready to crash so I purchased a new one. I transferred everything to the new laptop and it is doing the same thing. When I first start the computer, it runs fine. After some time, it starts slowing down and eventually goes unresponsive. If I have more than one tab open on the internet, I can’t open them. The tabs don’t highlight when I mouse over them. Apps on the tool bar will not highlight or open. Links within an article will not highlight or open. Email will not open. Pages will not scroll. I have to restart the computer to get it operational again. If the Windows start button is unresponsive, I have to restart by using the power button. Sometimes the mouse stops moving. I can hear the computer working hard as if a scan is running in the back ground but the task manager only shows whatever app I have open at the time. Malwarebytes tray application always shows in the task manager. It’s hard to pinpoint exactly when it started. As I said it was happening on my old computer too. It seems like it started about the time I installed Norton Security and Norton VPN. I have read about incompatibility issues but Norton says they have fixed those. I run Spybot Search and Destroy, and Malwarebytes Anti Malware regularly. I have turned off all background apps with the exception of clock, and calendar. I have downloaded and used Norton Power eraser – running the unwanted app scan, and checking for risks. I’m running Windows 10 version 1809. I have 8GB installed RAM with 7.64 still usable. Any help will be appreciated. Please keep in mind, I am not computer savvy. I might need a bit more explanation with fixes. Thank you in advance.

:)

craigp_882, Mar 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 super slow and unresponsive

Hi,

The slow or unresponsive performance of Windows 10 may be due to a third-party program or other factors like outdated drivers and system issues. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask for additional information. Please answer the following:

• Aside from manually shutting down your laptop, have you also made any recent changes or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you encountered an error message/code?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 16, 2019
  3. installed windows 10 slow and unresponsive hate it

ever since installing windows 10 slow/unresponsive have done suggestions nothing helped wish I didn't install it. Can not get help with it. Newer laptop, was running great until download. Feel very irritated and might go to Mac.

CheriWallace, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Slow and unresponsive laptop

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Slow and unresponsive laptop

1. Slow and unresponsive laptop - Similar Threads - Slow unresponsive laptop

2. usb keyboards unresponsive or slow input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb keyboards unresponsive or slow input: I just recently built a new computer and purchased the Windows 10 home OS on usb from Amazon. After about a month of use, my usb keyboard all of sudden stopped responding. So i went and got my old Asus usb keyboard and plugged it in and was up and running again. A few days...
  3. usb keyboards unresponsive or slow input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb keyboards unresponsive or slow input: I just recently built a new computer and purchased the Windows 10 home OS on usb from Amazon. After about a month of use, my usb keyboard all of sudden stopped responding. So i went and got my old Asus usb keyboard and plugged it in and was up and running again. A few days...
  4. usb keyboards unresponsive or slow input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remote Desktop Connection is slow and unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop Connection is slow and unresponsive: When using RDC to remote into W10 Pro latest build and fully updated from W10 Ent latest build and fully updated, the connection is extremely slow or completely unresponsive. I can remote into Server 2012 from the W10 Ent machine without an issue and I can remote into the...
  6. Fix for slow and unresponsive taskbar

Fix for slow and unresponsive taskbar: I am having unusual issues with my taskbar on my computer If anyone knows a permanent fix that would be greatly appreciated My taskbar along the bottom of my computer screen is being slow or unresponsive like the windows button and cortana also the other icons at the...
  7. My computer is really slow and unresponsive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer is really slow and unresponsive.: My computer, which I haven't used in a few weeks became very slow and unresponsive. My keyboard works fine, yet WHENEVER I try to type anything it doesn't show and goes slow. At times, whenever I drag my mouse over the bottom home bar it becomes a cursor and can't do...
  8. Windows is slow and settings is unresponsive, crashes and is slow.

Windows is slow and settings is unresponsive, crashes and is slow.: Settings is slow on my device and usually crashes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-slow-and-settings-is-unresponsive/306eb610-8a2d-4398-b915-7a7d17bb0106
  9. PC gets slow and unresponsive

PC gets slow and unresponsive: After I installed a fresh version of Windows on my PC, it gets slow periodically and freezes momentarily. After a bit, it gets back to normal. This happens quite often during the day. Moreover for some reason, I have windows installed in two places (I have two hard drives) -...
  10. Desktop slow and unresponsive all of the sudden

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop slow and unresponsive all of the sudden: I have installed the Anniversary update and 2 updates since then and all of the sudden my desktop is slow and unresponsive. Icons on the task bar do not highlight when the cursor passes over them. If you let the cursor sit on an icon for a while it may highlight. Any dialog...