Windows 10: Slow and unstable Wi-Fi connection only on laptop

Discus and support Slow and unstable Wi-Fi connection only on laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am recently experiencing an issue with my home Wi-Fi connection on my laptop, model Asus F555L with Windows 10 Home 2004 Version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Marco Cangini, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Slow and unstable Wi-Fi connection only on laptop

Hello everyone,

I am recently experiencing an issue with my home Wi-Fi connection on my laptop, model Asus F555L with Windows 10 Home 2004 Version installed. First, the network speed is much slower than on other devices such as my mobile phone around 20/30 Mbps instead of 100/110 Mbps. Second, it is really unstable: the Wi-Fi often disconnects temporarily sometimes it does not even reappears unless I restart the PC, especially during Zoom sessions or while using Netflix. I have already looked at some guides in the community and tried several things, such as uninstalling the AVG antivirus, disabling the energy saving options on the network card and doing a network reset, but the situation has not improved. Since I had never experienced this issue before and the Wi-Fi works perfectly on other devices, I am afraid that a recent Microsoft update on my laptop might be the cause of this, although I don't know how to find out.

Do you have anything else to suggest that could solve the issue?

Thanks in advance!

:)

Marco Cangini, Feb 2, 2021
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Feb 2, 2021
  3. allant51 Win User
    wi fi connection

After windows 1903 update I don't have any wi fi connection or icon showing and have tried many suggestions on how to get it, but none have worked.

Can you provide a step by step instruction on how to get wi fi icon and network.

allant51, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Slow and unstable Wi-Fi connection only on laptop

Windows 10 laptop is connected to the Wi-Fi, but don't give me the opportunity to enter a password.

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the connected Wi-Fi device and try adding it again.

• Type View Network Connections in the search bar and click on the same.

• If your Wi-Fi device is listed, right-click on the device and click on
      Delete.

• Now, try connecting to the Wi-Fi and check if it prompts for the password.

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Slow and unstable Wi-Fi connection only on laptop

1. Slow and unstable Wi-Fi connection only on laptop - Similar Threads - Slow unstable connection

2. Wi-Fi connection is really unstable on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connection is really unstable on PC: So, I bought this 3 months old PC. When it came, everything was working fine, except for the Wi-Fi connection. It is really unstable and keeps disconnecting, specially when playing videogames or downloading heavy files. For example, I am able to use it perfectly, but when I...
  3. Wi-Fi connection is really unstable on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi connection is really unstable on PC: So, I bought this 3 months old PC. When it came, everything was working fine, except for the Wi-Fi connection. It is really unstable and keeps disconnecting, specially when playing videogames or downloading heavy files. For example, I am able to use it perfectly, but when I...
  4. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Wi-Fi: Hi, I'm having issues with my Wi-fi connection. It's slower than usual and also randomly displays "no internet, secured" and loses connection.Only my Windows PC is experiencing this, as other devices connected to the same Wi-fi, mobile phones, do not behave like this?Why?...
  5. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Wi-Fi: Hi, I'm having issues with my Wi-fi connection. It's slower than usual and also randomly displays "no internet, secured" and loses connection.Only my Windows PC is experiencing this, as other devices connected to the same Wi-fi, mobile phones, do not behave like this?Why?...
  6. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Unstable WI-Fi issues in the laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unstable WI-Fi issues in the laptop.: So I have this issue, I'm 85% sure it's a laptop issue, when I connect to my Wi-Fi on my laptop, the ping is unstable and goes up and down, this doesn't happen on my mobile or any other devices. This happens only on my WIFI and is normal on other WIFI's. I have to USB tether...
  8. slow wi fi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow wi fi: wi fi very slow, Sprint said all fine at their end on Optimum, download 167 upload 37. the keyboard doesnt work but when I swith it to oter usb, it starts to work. also, unable to do software update on my i phone 11...
  9. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow Wi-Fi: I have presented a bug in the Wi-Fi connection of my computer with Windows 10, the wireless connection is slow, it looks like a turtle. I hope to help soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-wi-fi/9e75d40e-f9f3-4afc-8bc7-c70ff92234af
  10. Wi-Fi connection slowing down with BT on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi connection slowing down with BT on: Hi Guys, Normally my Wi-Fi connection is like 40-50 Mb/s, but it slows down to, like, 10 Mb/s or so with BT on. That maybe does not sound bad, but often websites are taking ages to load. I switched my router to 802.11n; even if that helped, the improvement is hardly...