Windows 10: slow boot after 1903 update

Discus and support slow boot after 1903 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a laptop with SSD and HDD. SSD is used as a system disk and HDD is for storage. Recently I updated my Windows 10 Home 1703 version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Philip_999, Sep 20, 2019.

1. slow boot after 1903 update

Hello,

I have a laptop with SSD and HDD. SSD is used as a system disk and HDD is for storage. Recently I updated my Windows 10 Home 1703 version directly to 1903 version and the update installed some files on my HDD instead of SSD. The problem that occurs now is a slow boot time with approximately 5 seconds of black screen before the system login. During the black screen LED light signalizing HDD activity keeps flashing.

Folders that have been installed on the HDD during the update are Program Files and WindowsApps. Program Files folder contains a ModifiableWindowsApps subfolder which is empty. When I try to open the WindowsApps folder, I get Access denied error even though I am the only user of the Windows system and I have administrator account. The users that have full access to the WindowsApps folder are TrustedInstaller and SYSTEM.

A right mouse click on the HDD, then Properties option and Disk Cleanup tool doesn't work because there is nothing to delete. Is there anything I can do to remove this content from my HDD or to move it to the SSD? Thank you in advance for helping me resolve the problem.

:)

Philip_999, Sep 20, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Slow boot

Hi Craig,

Boot performance may slow can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried booting up your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 20, 2019
  4. greenfid Win User

slow boot after 1903 update

Slow Shutdown after Upgrade to Windows 10 1903

Thanks Stephen, tried your suggestions but the Shutdown remains slow.

greenfid, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

slow boot after 1903 update

1. slow boot after 1903 update - Similar Threads - slow boot 1903

2. After Windows 1903, it boots fast, but after I boot up, it gets slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Windows 1903, it boots fast, but after I boot up, it gets slow: My computer was slow after Windows 10 1903 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-1903-it-boots-fast-but-after-i-boot/279f7083-985b-4b08-955c-02f8e681bf1b
  3. PC not booting after attempted 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not booting after attempted 1903 update: Hi, last night I attempted to install the 1903 update but it froze at the working on updates screen at 25% (spinning dots frozen as well) for hours, so I rebooted to try again, however the computer wouldn’t boot at all, it seemed as though there was no output to the monitor...
  4. "No Gui Boot" not working after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "No Gui Boot" not working after 1903 update: I have a dual boot on my computer. I was using "No Gui Boot" to get the basic DOS type screen where I select which OS to boot. I updated the main Windows to 1903 and now the gui boot is always on. So when I boot, it goes all the way up to he gui boot screen, when I select the...
  5. Slow boot and shutdown after updating to 1903

Slow boot and shutdown after updating to 1903: I've updated my windows from 1803 to 1903 yesterday and have noticed starting up my PC took significant longer. Usually it takes 10-15 seconds from completely off to the login screen but after the update the PC will show a black screen after the boot loading screen and stays...
  6. slow running pc after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    slow running pc after 1903 update: Hi. I installed the Windows 10 May 1903 update a few weeks ago. My pc has been really slow and I'm trying to figure out if the two things are linked. Has anyone else experienced this? How can I work out if the update is the cause?...
  7. Slow Internet after Windows 10 1903 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow Internet after Windows 10 1903 Update: After updating Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 4 web pages on Edge are slow to load, or don't load at all. This is particularly obvious for parts inside a web page. This is Microsoft software running on a Microsoft operating system on Microsoft hardware. Why is it performing...
  8. slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903: I skipped over 1809 and upgraded directly from 1803 to 1903. All went fine but I noticed a significant slowdown in booting. It went from several seconds to 39 seconds. I have a decent desktop computer, enough memory. One possible culprit: I have two physical drives – SSD and...
  9. slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903: I skipped over 1809 and upgraded directly from 1803 to 1903. All went fine but I noticed a significant slowdown in booting. It went from several seconds to 39 seconds. I have a decent desktop computer, enough memory. One possible culprit: I have two physical drives – SSD and...
  10. Slow performance after Windows 10 1903 update

Slow performance after Windows 10 1903 update: I installed update 1903 and now my PC is not only running slower but on startup it takes forever getting the wait circle. In addition to that I am missing the ability of using screen saver pointing to my picture folder. I get an error saying photo gallery has to be set up....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 slow boot

2. windows 10 restart is slow since windows 1903 update

3. taking windows ages to boot after 1903 update

4. google chrome running slow windows update 1903