Windows 10: Slow boot after change in partition type of drive

Discus and support Slow boot after change in partition type of drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had dual boot configuration with windows 10and Ubuntu. But recently, I had some error due to which I was unable to boot in windows. Therefore, I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Adikmr5, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Adikmr5 Win User

Slow boot after change in partition type of drive

I had dual boot configuration with windows 10and Ubuntu. But recently, I had some error due to which I was unable to boot in windows. Therefore, I had to remove ubuntu and I had used windows installation media tool to change patition typesome MPT or GBR stuff. The issue was resolved, but now the boot speed is very slow. I have SSD. Also instead of showing HP logo while booting windows, now it shows Microsoft logo. Please help to get back my fast boot speed.

:)

Adikmr5, Oct 6, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 6, 2020
  3. gygabite Win User
    Changing boot hdd

I downloaded PartitionMagic8.0, but the partition i want to make is not bootable.
    So the system boots from the old, loud hdd, and when i unplug the old, it doesnt boot.
    Any advice or suggestions how to change boot hdd without reinstalling Winxp?

gygabite, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Dia01 Win User

Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Slow boot after change in partition type of drive - Similar Threads - Slow boot change

2. Boot setup is not working after deleting drive C partition and reserve partition.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot setup is not working after deleting drive C partition and reserve partition.: Hi, I bought dell laptop inspiration 3542 model with 2GB ram and 500GB hard disk 3-4 years ago. After installing windows 10 1803,1809,1903,1909. It smoothly works but after 1-2 days, blue screen error occurs many times and computer freezes in black screen. I inserted...
  3. Boot setup not working after deleting the drive partitions.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot setup not working after deleting the drive partitions.: Hi, I bought dell laptop inspiration 3542 model with 2GB ram and 500GB hard disk 3-4 years ago. After installing windows 10 1803,1809,1903,1909. It smoothly works but after 1-2 days, blue screen error occurs many times and computer freezes in black screen. I inserted...
  4. Slow boot after changing system locale

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow boot after changing system locale: I had a problem where my computer takes more than 10 minutes to boot up (usually takes 16 seconds). I couldn't fix it so I had tried a clean install and it works fine. Today I changed my system locale and restarted my computer, the problem reappeared again. So I reckon that...
  5. Change boot partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change boot partition: I had experimented with Virtual drives but have since turned off that services and expected the C: drive to drop from it's much larger usage back to it's original smaller size but that didn't happen. I found another drive that Windows 10 had created and copied the original...
  6. Windows is not booting after active partition is changed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows is not booting after active partition is changed.: I tried changing the active partition via cmd. And I have set "C:" as active. After that I restarted my laptop with windows OS. Then this was problem found, "Operating System not found" in black screen. I can't able to login and don't know what to do? Help me to resolve this....
  7. Can Partition Type be changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can Partition Type be changed: I recently resized the WINRETOOLS partition in order to resolve VSS shadowing problems. Those problems went away however the partition type, which used to be "Recovery" is now shown as "Primary". The partition attribute also wasn't preserved but I used DiskPart - GPT to...
  8. Extra partitions after SSD boot drive upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extra partitions after SSD boot drive upgrade: I upgraded my SSD boot drive from a 128GB to Samsung 850 Pro 256GB. I used the Samsung Migration Tool as instructed. Now I seem to have an new FAT32 100MB partition, a new OTHER 16MB partition, a missing OTHER 128MB partition and a non functioning and I believe much smaller...
  9. Boot loop after partitioning 4TB Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot loop after partitioning 4TB Drive: I am really really frustrated and could use any help anyone can give. My computer is a Dell XPS8300 with the last BIOS they put out for this system... I have a Seagate 4TB (ST4000DM000) drive that is setup GPT and had 2 partitions on it (D:, E*Smile and worked fine in...
  10. No boot partition on boot drive after clean install with 2nd drive

in Windows 10 Support
    No boot partition on boot drive after clean install with 2nd drive: Hey all, It's an age old story, probably.. I was running Win7. Had a crash that munged me being able to boot and I have never had success creating a repair disk for 7 with USB3 drivers (I'm on Z170 chipset). So I decided I should finally jump into Win10 as I reserved...