Windows 10: Slow boot and irritating issues while running

Discus and support Slow boot and irritating issues while running in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have the 64 Bit version of Win 10 on my custom built PC and I'd like to ask for your help. So about 2 weeks ago I noticed that everytime... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Calin, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Calin Win User

Slow boot and irritating issues while running

Hey guys,
    I have the 64 Bit version of Win 10 on my custom built PC and I'd like to ask for your help.
    So about 2 weeks ago I noticed that everytime I boot into Windows, before the Lock Screen shows up, there's a black screen with cursor and I have to wait about one minute before the Lock Screen shows up
    Since yesterday it takes about 5 for the Windows logo to disappear and then the usual Lock Screen thing happens, and after it finally booted to the desktop some programs and even the recycle bin take about 2 minutes to start...
    I have a Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD so this shouldn't happen. It scores normally in Crystal disk mark.
    Another thing that I noticed is that usually the backlight on my keyboard and mous turns on after the OS has fully loaded, but now they turn on 10 seconds after the Windows logo appears, turn off then back on after 5 minutes when the OS has loaded.

Specs:
    AMD FX 8350 @ 4.7 GHz OC
    Gigabyte 990FXA UD5
    12 GB Dual Channel
    GTX 980 Ti reference
    Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
    Coolermaster V650 PSU
    Custom watercooling loop

Thanks. *Smile

:)

Calin, Aug 15, 2015

2. Windows 10 problem that happens when only when run in UEFI mode.

It's slow in general in UEFI , its boots slow and once in windows its slow, running programs etc. It's a Lenovo H430 desktop , I have contacted Lenovo about it, and they won't help it. when it was a windows 8 machine it ran fine with Uefi, But with windows
    10 it gives the issues that I describe.

MichaelWeaser, Aug 15, 2015
  3. VictorJ27 Win User
    Windows 10 problem that happens when only when run in UEFI mode.

UEFI = slow but regular = OK

does your computer lag/slows down while starting up in UEFI then boot to windows while in safe mode?

if yes, then i believe that you should contact the maker of your mobo (motherboard) it seems that this is an issue if your mobo since it cant handle UEFI boots and is rather than not a windows issue

VictorJ27, Aug 15, 2015
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

The same happened to me on a clean w10 x64 on a laptop. I don't know why some PCs are blazing fast booting and others are like a snail (due to that annoying pause). Maybe checking event viewer could shed some light on that issue.

eLPuSHeR, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Slow boot and irritating issues while running - Similar Threads - Slow boot irritating

2. Context Menu is slow and irritating.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Context Menu is slow and irritating.: Hello, I am Aryesh and I have a problem with my windows 10 context menu. Right click context menu actually. When I right click a folder or a notepad document, app shortcut, etc. There is a little busy cursor for some time and then the context menu appears. Any suggestions? I...
  3. Slow booting Issue.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow booting Issue.: I have an i3 Lenovo laptop with windows home edition pre-loaded. I am facing a slow booting issue leading to a blank screen for 30 seconds. Then Please wait screen appears and the windows login page appears. I am facing this issue after the windows 10 2004 update....
  4. Really irritating WiFi issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Really irritating WiFi issue: I've had my Asus laptop with windows 10 for the last 2 months and since I've had it the WiFi hasn't performed great with speeds on my phone being 100mbps while on my laptop it gets around 15 however recently I was messing around with the settings and managed to get it to go...
  5. Slow network issues on Windows 10 running on Boot Camp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow network issues on Windows 10 running on Boot Camp: Hi, I have been running Windows in Bootcamp on my mac for some years with no issues. 1909 x64 was installed recently and running well with my broadband connection testing at 100+ mbs. Following the latest set of updates, my broadband is being choked (same test page) at...
  6. PC booting slow and running very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC booting slow and running very slow: My PC has been acting up pretty bad, it seems to have been a deterioration over time as it started rough and is just getting worse. It will take about 10 minutes or so to boot, when i finally get in, even right clicking for the simple drop down menu has my mouse loading for...
  7. Issues while running DISM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Issues while running DISM: I am having what I think is multiple issues with my pc. I have ran anti malware program(s), they say that I am good to go. However, certain issues keep arising. For starters I am getting a "there was a problem starting werconcpl.dll" as well as a "MMC has detected an error in...
  8. Irritating Issue with Airplane Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Irritating Issue with Airplane Mode: A while back, our internet went down for a few days. We had to buy a wifi router and I connected wifi through a USB stick to my desktop. When the internet came back, I disconnected the wifi and reverted to LAN. Now the airplane icon is stuck there even though there is no...
  9. 10 runs slow, compatibility issue???

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    10 runs slow, compatibility issue???: I have a Lenovo H415 desktop (AMD A6-3600 2.1 Windows 7), I tried to install W10 after threshold 2 came out and the computer did everything very slow. So I checked with Lenovo and found it was not on a list for W10 recommended models. I hopped that the issue was the video...
  10. Issues while running DISM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issues while running DISM: I am having what I think is multiple issues with my pc. I have ran anti malware program(s), they say that I am good to go. However, certain issues keep arising. For starters I am getting a "there was a problem starting werconcpl.dll" as well as a "MMC has detected an error in...