Windows 10: Slow Boot even if all startup items are turned off (but quick boot in Safe Mode)

Discus and support Slow Boot even if all startup items are turned off (but quick boot in Safe Mode) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I work in an environment with about 150-200 Dell laptops. So far I've come across 10+ computers that can take up to 5 minutes to get past the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Garrett Hobson, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Slow Boot even if all startup items are turned off (but quick boot in Safe Mode)

Hi,

I work in an environment with about 150-200 Dell laptops. So far I've come across 10+ computers that can take up to 5 minutes to get past the swirling circle at the Dell logo to boot to windows. After speaking with Dell, they tell me that this is where windows loads, and so the issue is likely on Windows startup. This is a computer that goes onto a domain, and it only seems to be happening if shutdown or restarted from a non-admin domain account (my admin domain account seems to boot normal speed). I logged into my non-admin domain account and disabled all items on startup, and it still happens. I then booted into safemode with networking, and it boots instantly. What else should I look for that does not load in safe mode but loads in Windows but not at startup?

:)

Garrett Hobson, Sep 11, 2019

2. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Sep 11, 2019
  3. unable to boot into safe mode

i have been hijacked, virus, everything. so i was told to boot into safe mode then run all of my virus and spyware scans. well i cant boot into safe mode, i turn off the computer using the power button, wait 30 seconds, press power again, as soon as i press that i press F8 and hold it down, i continue to hold it down and it just continues to go into normal windows boot....then i tried the same again, did the same. tried doing the same but this time "tapping" the F8 key, does the same...is there another way to boot into safe mode?

Braveheart, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Slow Boot even if all startup items are turned off (but quick boot in Safe Mode)

Windows 10 only booting into safe mode (not normal or safe mode with networking)

Good Evening,

I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were
    installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.

The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running

Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?

Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated

Kind regards

Trevor

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

TrevorJones1, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Slow Boot even if all startup items are turned off (but quick boot in Safe Mode)

1. Slow Boot even if all startup items are turned off (but quick boot in Safe Mode) - Similar Threads - Slow Boot startup

2. Cannot Boot to Safe Mode Even in WinRE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Boot to Safe Mode Even in WinRE: I need help as soon as possible!How it got started:I was installing the Microsoft Hyper-V virtual network adapter in Device Manager. It took some time, but eventually it was successfully installed. Then I noticed ntoskrnl.exe CPU usage suddenly gone up. I immediately tried...
  3. turning off windows 10 safe boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    turning off windows 10 safe boot: Hello. yesterday my laptop's disk start working at 100% and i searched youtube to fix it. one of the suggestions was go on safe boot, restart and then tern off safe boot and restart again. unfortunately when i restart i couldn't sign in anymore because my password doesn't...
  4. Boot in Safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Boot in Safe mode: I got stuck in safe mode , when i tried to choose any option from troubleshoot it ask me for the password and i am entering the right password it is not accepting my password and its not booting my laptop with network mode , i have done couple of things thatis already on...
  5. Slow startup boot

Slow startup boot: my laptop has never done this before. I have an Asus laptop and recently ive been getting stuck at the welcome screen for more than 10 minutes each load. This is especially frustrating because my laptop always has this problem where it loses wifi and the only way to fix it is...
  6. Computer booting at slow speed even after disabling Startup items

Computer booting at slow speed even after disabling Startup items: Hi, I work in an environment with about 150-200 Dell laptops. So far I've come across 10+ computers that can take up to 5 minutes to get past the swirling circle at the Dell logo to boot to windows. After speaking with Dell, they tell me that this is where windows...
  7. BSOD - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on boot, even safe mode.

BSOD - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on boot, even safe mode.: Hi, I'm getting a BSOD with SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED every time I try to boot. I even get this BSOD when trying to get into safe mode. There's no sys file specified. OS is Windows 10 Pro x64 (10.0.10586) Attachment 56647 I can get to it the command prompt...
  8. Sleep mode in Windows 10 (with quick startup turned off)

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode in Windows 10 (with quick startup turned off): hello.. I did this turned off the "quick start" and got my startup sound *Smile.. question... why will Windows 10.. not come out of an/a Sleep mode?.. meaning... I close the lid of my laptop... (Dell XPS L1502) see the XPS light go into a sleep mode ( the xps light slowly...
  9. Slow startup and boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow startup and boot: Good day all! I haven't been on Ten Forums for a while but I will try and be as descriptive as possible. After upgrading to Windows 10 64 bit my PC has been acting strange. When I start my laptop, normally you would see that the HP logo appears in the middle of the...
  10. Unable to boot into windows (even to safe mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot into windows (even to safe mode): Hi all, As the title describes. Attempted to turn on the computer about 1 week ago and it go stuck at the loading screen where the dots are circling. After leaving it for few hours, no change. I've removed unnecessary usb devices and disconnected other HDDs (leaving only...