Windows 10: Slow boot into windows after installing either the March broken updates, or the April 14th...

Discus and support Slow boot into windows after installing either the March broken updates, or the April 14th... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; From the updates spanning from the beginning of March to the updates put forward yesterday, installing any of them causes my pc to boot incredibly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ghboy1, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Ghboy1 Win User

Slow boot into windows after installing either the March broken updates, or the April 14th...

From the updates spanning from the beginning of March to the updates put forward yesterday, installing any of them causes my pc to boot incredibly slowly. I'm booting from a HDD, but before installing these updates i had boot times of around 1 minute, but is now sitting at around 5 minutes. If i uninstall the updates the problem is fixed. Is there anything i could do to try and fix this while the updates are installed as they are security related. Ive tried disabling fast startup, updating graphic drivers, disabling background applications but nothing has helped at the moment. Things I've tried -

Updated drivers

Disabled fast startup

Disabled background applications

Ran a DISM

Ran an SFC

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Uninstalling either of the updates works, however considering some of them relate to security i would rather keep them installed.

Updates Referenced - KB4551762 update from a month or so ago, KB4549951 Yesterdays update which started the issue for me today.

Cheers

:)

Ghboy1, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Ghboy1 Win User

Slow boot into windows after installing either the March broken updates, or the April 14th security update

After running in safe mode DISM and SFC commands, and tweaking some windows settings, uninstalling the april 14th update drop seemed to have resolved it. I haven't needed to reinstall windows 10 either. The other two updates are still unable to be uninstalled,
    but my boot issue has been fixed so i won't be messing with the updates anyway

cheers for all of you help

Ghboy1, May 23, 2020
  3. Ghboy1 Win User
    Slow boot into windows after installing either the March broken updates, or the April 14th security update

From the updates spanning from the beginning of March to the updates put forward yesterday, installing any of them causes my pc to boot incredibly slowly. I'm booting from a HDD, but before installing these updates i had boot times of around 1 minute, but
    is now sitting at around 5 minutes. If i uninstall the updates the problem is fixed. Is there anything i could do to try and fix this while the updates are installed as they are security related. Ive tried disabling fast startup, updating graphic drivers,
    disabling background applications but nothing has helped at the moment. Things I've tried -

Updated drivers

Disabled fast startup

Disabled background applications

Ran a DISM

Ran an SFC

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Uninstalling either of the updates works, however considering some of them relate to security i would rather keep them installed.

Updates Referenced - KB4551762 (update from a month or so ago), KB4549951 (Yesterdays update which started the issue for me today.

Cheers

Ghboy1, May 23, 2020
  4. Slow boot into windows after installing either the March broken updates, or the April 14th...

you can't uninstall updates if it is far away from the present update installed. Repair upgrade is for the system corrupted files if you were having some issues in your windows such as slow booting which was in your title. Also if you suspect that your
    PC might be infected by some Virus or malware I can give you my Technique on removing any kind of virus.

Kyle Angel Bayani, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Slow boot into windows after installing either the March broken updates, or the April 14th...

1. Slow boot into windows after installing either the March broken updates, or the April 14th... - Similar Threads - Slow boot installing

2. No Graphics Input on Monitors after last Windows Update March 14th

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Graphics Input on Monitors after last Windows Update March 14th: Hello,When shutting down my computer two days ago, my Windows 10 did some automatic updates. When I then tried to boot my computer up the next day, both of my monitors were receiving no signal from the computer. I checked all of the cables and connectors, and they should all...
  3. No Graphics Input on Monitors after last Windows Update March 14th

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Graphics Input on Monitors after last Windows Update March 14th: Hello,When shutting down my computer two days ago, my Windows 10 did some automatic updates. When I then tried to boot my computer up the next day, both of my monitors were receiving no signal from the computer. I checked all of the cables and connectors, and they should all...
  4. No Graphics Input on Monitors after last Windows Update March 14th

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Slow boot after either new HDD added and windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow boot after either new HDD added and windows update: Hi. A couple of days ago I added a HDD to my PC for expanded storage (Its not a boot drive and has the lowest boot priority of all my drives). It showed up and worked no problem and I used the PC for the rest of the day as usual with no problems. When I went to power off I...
  6. The April 14th "update" crashed my desktop. Thanks a lot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The April 14th "update" crashed my desktop. Thanks a lot.: This update crashed my desktop with hundreds of important work documents and training ppts. I tried to re-boot 10 times. Got a black screen with a message that was intended for an IT expert. As such I had to send it in to get a new hard-drive. Cha Ching. Thanks a lot. Cold...
  7. Windows 10 slowed after april 1803 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slowed after april 1803 update: I recently updated my OS to 1803 but after the update, the pc has become really slow. I think it is because of the graphics driver but I can't update them. I use an AMD GPU and I don't know why but some of my games ( Fortnite etc.) can't run properly and some won't run at all...
  8. thumbnails broken with April 2018 update

in Windows 10 Support
    thumbnails broken with April 2018 update: Since getting the new April 2018 update half of my mkv videos won't load thumbnails and the rar files won't load thumbnails. so annoying. I used Ccleaner to delete thumbnail cache but no good. Anyone else with this problem or a solution? I know I was having thumbnail problems...
  9. KB4013429 March 14th Cumulative Update 3.99TB Windows Update BUG!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4013429 March 14th Cumulative Update 3.99TB Windows Update BUG!: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 (KB4013429) I noticed after recent update on all my windows 10 machines I do a disk cleanup & on the Windows Update Cleanup says 3.99TB of updates to clean up. I ran it fully took over 2 hrs & done & I rebooted the PC's & ran...
  10. April 14th 2015 Windows Updates Details

in Windows 10 News
    April 14th 2015 Windows Updates Details: Today, as part of Update Tuesday, we released 11 security bulletins. We encourage customers to apply all of these updates. For more information about this month’s security updates, including the detailed view of the Exploitability Index (XI), visit the Microsoft Bulletin...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4549951 windows update slow boot