Windows 10: Slow boot/long bootlog

Discus and support Slow boot/long bootlog in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a question regarding a slow boot-time for a brand new Dell XPS13 laptop, with a clean, fresh install of Win10. I have last year's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nightwind_hawk, Mar 26, 2020 at 3:02 PM.

1. Slow boot/long bootlog

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding a slow boot-time for a brand new Dell XPS13 laptop, with a clean, fresh install of Win10. I have last year's model in front of me, which boots up in seconds, while the new one (with all drivers loaded) takes 45 seconds (from start of spinning dots to lock screen). Both have fast startup disabled.

I decided to enable boot logging for each to see if anything can be found there. I'm not sure if this has any revelance, but the new (slow) laptop's bootlog is 2,224 lines long, while the old (fast) laptop's bootlog is 221 lines. This is a substantial difference.

Most of the are "not loaded" lines related to intel inf's or drivers: BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED u/cpu.inf,%intelppm.devicedesc%;Intel Processor

Any advice on how to proceed from here?? Slow bootup was present out of the box, so I'm surprised it's still an issue with a formatted clean install...

submitted by /u/nightwind_hawk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nightwind_hawk, Mar 26, 2020 at 3:02 PM
  2. Jegergrim Win User

Procmon bootlog, help identifying slow boot events

The procmon bootlog file gave me 1.8 out of 2.2 million events, and looking through them all to see time gaps seems practically impossible *Eek! Slow boot/long bootlog :eek:.
    My Windows 7 boot time slowed down pretty drastically, but im 99% sure it isn't hardware related, and removing all non-microsoft boot items in MSCONFIG doesn't speed it up at all, could it be some driver/service issue, maybe even registries?

I tried using some filters found on google, but that ended up removing all of my events.

Could anyone tell me how to proceed or possible help me filter the data?

3. Rose Cal Win User
    Slow boot

Hi Craig,

Boot performance may slow can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried booting up your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

4. Steve C Win User

Slow boot/long bootlog

Extremely long and incomplete boot

This may be a long shot. My PC hung at boot yesterday after typing the password - see Can't Login - Further Troubleshooting Steps?

I ran chkdsk c: /spotfix and all is now fine. Someone has also suggested running chkdsk c: /r.

Thema:

Slow boot/long bootlog

1. Slow boot/long bootlog - Similar Threads - Slow boot long

2. Long Boot or Long Login Times with ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long Boot or Long Login Times with ssd: For some reason when I boot from scratch I either get a black screen for over 30 seconds or it goes the the login screen and it takes forever to login. Hibernation doesn't have this problem. Cpu:Ryzen 5 3500u Model:HP 15-cw1068wm submitted by /u/gamingbro697 [link]...
  3. Slow Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Boot: The following is concerned with Win 10 Pro, V1809, B17763.503. I mentioned this because it seemed like my pc started this slow boot process, 1hr +, warm or cold start, after an os update. If I only sleep or hibernate the machine is ok. This only occurs after a shutdown....
  4. Bootlog

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bootlog: 5 26 2019 00:57:23.500 BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\hal.dll BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\kd.dll BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\msrpc.sys...
  5. Slow booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow booting: I have an asus lapop with i5 8th gen processor 8gb ram and 2 gb graphics. Tge booting time is 20 seconds. Is it normal? Can i decrease the booting time? Sometimes the booting time varies(irregularity in booting time).kindlybprovide some easy and understandable ways....
  6. Slow boot

Slow boot: I have an Asus GL553vd laptop. When i open it and power it on, the hard disk light beeps for a while and stops. It shows no sign of turning on until the hdd light starts blinking. I want to know whether this is a hardware issue or caused by the windows. As ive started...
  7. Slow to Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow to Boot: Hi, since the latest upgrade to Windows 10 1803, my computer is taking approximately four to five times longer to boot, than before. Is this normal? 110711
  8. long boot times

long boot times: Whenever I reboot from the gui, or my computer reboots for any reason (updates/programs installs) my pc hangs at the BIOS screen for a long time and I have it set to show for only 2 seconds. [img] But when I cold boot or hard reset, its sub eight seconds. what do...
  9. Slow boot

Slow boot: Can't access task bar items for almost 15 min after boot up...can access limited on desktop. Really annoying and can't find reason.... 61965
  10. Errors in my bootlog resulting in very long load times, help me please

Errors in my bootlog resulting in very long load times, help me please: So in my bootlog i have a dozen of BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED lines as seen in this screen shot of my bootlog... [img] These errors are causing my load times to go on as long as 3 mins and alot of sitting at a black screen, also safe mode is a bit better and often results in...