Windows 10: Slow boot/long bootlog

Discus and support Slow boot/long bootlog in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a question regarding a slow boot-time for a brand new Dell XPS13 laptop, with a clean, fresh install of Win10. I have last year's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nightwind_hawk, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Slow boot/long bootlog

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding a slow boot-time for a brand new Dell XPS13 laptop, with a clean, fresh install of Win10. I have last year's model in front of me, which boots up in seconds, while the new one (with all drivers loaded) takes 45 seconds (from start of spinning dots to lock screen). Both have fast startup disabled.

I decided to enable boot logging for each to see if anything can be found there. I'm not sure if this has any revelance, but the new (slow) laptop's bootlog is 2,224 lines long, while the old (fast) laptop's bootlog is 221 lines. This is a substantial difference.

Most of the are "not loaded" lines related to intel inf's or drivers: BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED u/cpu.inf,%intelppm.devicedesc%;Intel Processor

Any advice on how to proceed from here?? Slow bootup was present out of the box, so I'm surprised it's still an issue with a formatted clean install...

submitted by /u/nightwind_hawk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nightwind_hawk, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Jegergrim Win User

Procmon bootlog, help identifying slow boot events

The procmon bootlog file gave me 1.8 out of 2.2 million events, and looking through them all to see time gaps seems practically impossible *Eek! Slow boot/long bootlog :eek:.
    My Windows 7 boot time slowed down pretty drastically, but im 99% sure it isn't hardware related, and removing all non-microsoft boot items in MSCONFIG doesn't speed it up at all, could it be some driver/service issue, maybe even registries?

I tried using some filters found on google, but that ended up removing all of my events.

Could anyone tell me how to proceed or possible help me filter the data?

Jegergrim, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Slow boot

Hi Craig,

Boot performance may slow can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried booting up your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

Slow boot/long bootlog

Extremely long and incomplete boot

This may be a long shot. My PC hung at boot yesterday after typing the password - see Can't Login - Further Troubleshooting Steps?

I ran chkdsk c: /spotfix and all is now fine. Someone has also suggested running chkdsk c: /r.

Steve C, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Slow boot/long bootlog

1. Slow boot/long bootlog - Similar Threads - Slow boot long

2. Long boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  3. System Refuses to Boot, Bootlog states BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED for several items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Refuses to Boot, Bootlog states BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED for several items: Hello,At the start of this week out of the blue I experienced a BSOD Blue Screen Of Death with the code CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. The system rebooted as usual and then gave the error code 0xc0000225 meaning boot files were missing. I then made a windows installation USB and...
  4. System Refuses to Boot, Bootlog states BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED for several items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Refuses to Boot, Bootlog states BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED for several items: Hello,At the start of this week out of the blue I experienced a BSOD Blue Screen Of Death with the code CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. The system rebooted as usual and then gave the error code 0xc0000225 meaning boot files were missing. I then made a windows installation USB and...
  5. Unable to create Windows 10 bootlog

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to create Windows 10 bootlog: I have upgraded my Windows home edition to 20 H2 and it is taking too long to log on to Windows. I decided to enable the bootlog in C:\Windows via the Windows configuration utility. The problem is that the log isn't being created. The log is still ticked in the config...
  6. BOOTLOG NOT Loaded, Slow Boot, Windows boot circle spinning slowly

in Windows 10 Support
    BOOTLOG NOT Loaded, Slow Boot, Windows boot circle spinning slowly: Hello, I have this issue for a few month. I couldn't be able to solve it. I tried Secure Erase, clean installation of windows 10, also tried it on a different motherboard. Secure erase and formatting the drive seems to solve the issue for a few days but it happens shortly...
  7. My Windows is having long boot and slowing down

My Windows is having long boot and slowing down: Hello Good day I have been working with my system for quite a while now and it has been fine. It started slowing down of recent and taking very long to boot. Apps also slowed down and started hanging. Chrome pages also took time to load Microsoft not responding began...
  8. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long boot time: Hey guys, how's it going? I've been experiencing huge performance issues when booting Windows on. My laptop used to boot-up in about <15s when it was brand new and it stayed this way until I've updated Windows Build. It came out of factory as ver. 1803, when I've updated it...
  9. Bootlog

Bootlog: 5 26 2019 00:57:23.500 BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\hal.dll BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\kd.dll BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\msrpc.sys...
  10. Errors in my bootlog resulting in very long load times, help me please

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Errors in my bootlog resulting in very long load times, help me please: So in my bootlog i have a dozen of BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED lines as seen in this screen shot of my bootlog... [img] These errors are causing my load times to go on as long as 3 mins and alot of sitting at a black screen, also safe mode is a bit better and often results in...