Windows 10: Slow Boot on Fresh Install with SSD (3-5min+)

Discus and support Slow Boot on Fresh Install with SSD (3-5min+) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have been experiencing delayed boot times on my PC for a while and decided to just do a factory reset in hopes of remedying the issue. The issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Virilux, May 3, 2020.

1. Virilux Win User

Slow Boot on Fresh Install with SSD (3-5min+)

Hi,

I have been experiencing delayed boot times on my PC for a while and decided to just do a factory reset in hopes of remedying the issue. The issue still persists so I am seeking @zinou 's help in analyzing the ETL Boot Trace file after reading multiple threads on here and everywhere else.

One observation I did note (which may be of use): Before I did a full reset on Windows 10, sometimes the boot would go extremely fast (1-2 seconds) when I turned off my PC for the whole night. However, after the full reset, even after turning off the PC for the whole night, the delayed boot time still persists.

More information: I have only one primary SSD (Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB) and another portable SSD which I just bought for backing up my last restore (just putting that out there since it's in the boot trace as disk 1 ). BIOS boot order is UEFI to the only SSD. The system is using AHCI drivers (not raid). Event viewer did log error 101s for boot degradation on sppsvc.exe but not sure how relevant that is.

Windows Version: Windows 10 ver. 1909 (Build 18363.778)

Things I have tried after fresh reset:
    -Updated MBO drivers on the manufacturer's website
    -Updated BIOS to the most recent version
    -Updated using Windows Update
    -Ran Rkill -> Malware Bytes -> Malware Bytes Adware Cleaner -> Windows Defender to attempt to spot out any possible Malware. This came out all clean.
    -Ran HD Sentinel (per another recent thread on here: Windows 10 fast boot, very slow reboot). There were no logs or anything to note from HD sentinel. I can provide screenshots if needed.
    -Event Viewer listed no errors for Disk-related filters. There were also no critical errors for Boot Performance (100/101s) monitoring.
    -Turn fast boot off.
    -Unplugged as much connections as possible when booting (everything aside Keyboard and Mouse).

Boot Trace File:
    In the attached boot trace file, I've included the NGENPDB per @zinou 's request. Disk 0 is the Samsung 960 primary boot drive and Disk 1 is a USB-C portable SSD (Sandisk) with just back up files on it.

Google Drive link for Boot Trace (75 MB compressed): Boot Trace 1.7z - Google Drive

Thank you for the assistance in advanced!

:)

Virilux, May 3, 2020
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, May 3, 2020
  3. Fresh install Windows 10 will not boot

I have A Dell 3847 spec I5 4460, 8GB ram, kingston ssdnow V200 240gb. If I do a fresh install my computer will not boot up Windows 10 by it itself but if I hit F12 and tell it to boot off my ssd it will boot and if I just do the upgrade it will boot up
    norm . ssd can be seen in bios but not as a boot device so where i try to tell the bios what to boot off my SSD is not on the list

DarrellProsser, May 3, 2020
  4. Slow Boot on Fresh Install with SSD (3-5min+)

Fresh Install of Windows 10 Home in new SSD

I have this Dell N4010 Laptop that I want to upgrade with an SSD and use the existing HDD as Data drive. I have an original windows of digital license.

Please suggest how I can install a fresh copy of the windows in my new SSD with the existing license. And please suggest how to activate the new installation of Windows.

Fahim.Anwar, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Slow Boot on Fresh Install with SSD (3-5min+)

1. Slow Boot on Fresh Install with SSD (3-5min+) - Similar Threads - Slow Boot Fresh

2. Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot: I have Windows 10 Home in a SSD. I have a new SSD with greater capacity. I intend to mount the new SSD in my system with the current SSD. I want to install Windows 10 onto the new SSD and then dual-boot the two systems. I think that is possible.If someone can guide me to...
  3. Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot: I have Windows 10 Home in a SSD. I have a new SSD with greater capacity. I intend to mount the new SSD in my system with the current SSD. I want to install Windows 10 onto the new SSD and then dual-boot the two systems. I think that is possible.If someone can guide me to...
  4. Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Fresh Windows install on SSD with GPT wont Boot

Fresh Windows install on SSD with GPT wont Boot: Hello Community This title is found several times in several forums through google. But I didnt found any solution to my problem. First my PC Setup and what I want to do: Motherboard: Z97-K Disks: Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series 125 GB Windows installed Samsung...
  6. Cannot boot from fresh install SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot from fresh install SSD: I bought SSD Samsung 860 evo recently and I want to use it to store the OS instead of my old HDD I try using the application out there to migrate OS but there's sector problem so I decide to fresh install I did just like the forum said, first I create bootable device which...
  7. install fresh Win10 over complex Boot SSD?

install fresh Win10 over complex Boot SSD?: My Boot disc is complicated. Dual boot Win7Pro 64 Sp1 + Linux + a remnant of previous Win10 installation. The Win7 part, my daily driver, has 237 installed programs (noted by Revo). I'm finally ready to give Win10 another go, but I'd prefer to leave intact as much as possible...
  8. Slow to boot after SSD install

Slow to boot after SSD install: Hoping to give my aging Acer emachines EM250 netbook a bit of a boost I swapped out the HDD for a SSD. When I did this on an equally aging HP laptop the startup and shut down times were reduced enormously. I was hoping for a similar result with the EM250 but as it turns out...
  9. Slow Boot on SSD

Slow Boot on SSD: Hi, I recently upgraded from an FX 8350 to a ryzen 5 1600x. This meant getting a new Mobo etc. With it came an SSD from Adata (120gb). I decided to install windows on the ssd and keep my 1tb HDD for games etc. I wiped the HDD (full clean, not quick one) and then installed...
  10. Windows 10 fresh install on SSD very slow boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 fresh install on SSD very slow boot: Hey guys , I recently formatted my SSD because of problems in my Windows 10 . I did as ever. Start the installation of Windows , chose the disk, delete all partitions, created partitions again and choose to install Windows 10 . Now I have very long boot and shutdown time(at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 101s for boot degradation on sppsvc.exe