Windows 10: Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD

Discus and support Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I did a bunch of stuff in BIOS trying to speed things up from 30 seconds boot and now I have an even slower one. [img] Any ideas? 168564 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hype23, Nov 17, 2020.

1. hype23 Win User

Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD

Hello,

I did a bunch of stuff in BIOS trying to speed things up from 30 seconds boot and now I have an even slower one.

Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD [​IMG]

Any ideas?

:)

hype23, Nov 17, 2020
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 17, 2020
  3. scevism Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

No not tried any bench test on the ssd? how would that impact my slow boot problem? windows 8 use to boot up quick as. Driving me mad this problem.*Mad Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD :mad:

scevism, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Persistent slow boot - Windows 10 with SSD

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the time you took for the research and perform the troubleshooting, we will need more information to troubleshoot on this issue.

1. If you could provide us with the troubleshooting that you have already performed, it will be helpful.
    2. Are you aware of any recent changes made to the system prior to this issue?

Windows could be booting up slow if there is more application to startup when Windows boot for the first time, below are few of the steps you can try.

Method 1:

1. Try to
      boot your computer into Safe Mode
      and check if it still take time.
    2. If the system boots fine then it’s the third party service or application that is causing the slow boot issue.
    3. You can try to perform
      Clean Boot
      and detect which application or service is causing this issue.
    4. On the article above search for the topic How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
      after you have put the computer to clean boot.
    5. After you have found the cause of the issue, you can search for other steps on the same article
      Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.

Method 2:

If you still face the issue you can check the article

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

To keep you informed the last topic contacts
    Reset your PC,
    I suggest you not to reset your PC, as resetting your PC will revert the system back to previous OS that you upgraded from and you will lose Application installed on the system.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD - Similar Threads - Slow boot 1m44s

2. Slow boot time on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow boot time on Windows 10: Hi everyone!From the past few days, I've noticed my startup has increased from 7-8 seconds to 17-18 seconds.I've disabled almost all of the startup programs except for an Audio program.I suspected that the problem might be with my antivirus softwareKaspersky IS as it was not...
  3. Slow boot time on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow boot time on Windows 10: Hi everyone!From the past few days, I've noticed my startup has increased from 7-8 seconds to 17-18 seconds.I've disabled almost all of the startup programs except for an Audio program.I suspected that the problem might be with my antivirus softwareKaspersky IS as it was not...
  4. Slow boot time on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD: Hello, I did a bunch of stuff in BIOS trying to speed things up from 30 seconds boot and now I have an even slower one. [img] Any ideas? LE: It was a one time deal, but still have around 36seconds until I can enter the Windows password. The event viewer didn't log...
  6. slow boot time on ssd

slow boot time on ssd: Hi all, I know there are a wide range of posts about this issue but I couldn't find any direct solution.. I have a laptop with i7 8750h, 16gb ram and 512gb intel 7600p ssd. Boot time takes about 50 seconds, some times 40. Here is the link of Windows Performance Recorder test...
  7. Windows 10 slow boot on SSD

Windows 10 slow boot on SSD: Hello. Recently (I don't know excactly when) I've noticed that my Windows 10 boot (from when I press power on button until I can see destop) is almost a minute longer than it used to be. Normally it took my PC about 20-25 seconds and I was already on a destop and ready to...
  8. Boot time very slow with SSD

Boot time very slow with SSD: I have Windows 10 with the latest updates, my hardware is: i5-6600k running at 4.4GHZ and 1.3v Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD 8GB RAM Z170-HD3 RX 480 4GB I'm on windows 10 1703 My boot time has recently been extremely slow (almost 2 minutes) Interestingly Windows boot...
  9. Windiows 10- slow boot time after SSD install

Windiows 10- slow boot time after SSD install: A very complicated turn of events lead to this issue, so I will try to explain it as easily as possible while still giving the necessary details. Towards the end of last year I bought an Alienware r2 that came stock with a 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD with Windows 8.1 installed on...
  10. Slow boot time on SSD and slow Desktop icons loading

Slow boot time on SSD and slow Desktop icons loading: Hi all, I'm using an Intel SSD 240GB 520 series. Always loading very fast, i.e., about 8 seconds from cold boot. Since windows 10 is installed, boot time is about 20 seconds and desktop icons take some time to refresh and load their images. Regarding the boot time:...