Windows 10: Slow boot time on SSD during windows logo screen

Discus and support Slow boot time on SSD during windows logo screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi! During the last months my windows boot time became to a ridiculous 12+ mins time. It´s my office computer, and I´m usually overloaded with work so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by laneo, Nov 13, 2018.

1. laneo Win User

Slow boot time on SSD during windows logo screen

Hi!
    During the last months my windows boot time became to a ridiculous 12+ mins time.
    It´s my office computer, and I´m usually overloaded with work so can´t take care of it.
    I suspected that the problem began since I inserted a new SSD, but today I unplugged every drive (but the OS one) and the boot time remained the same.

I´ve been trying all day long to boot in verbose mode, but it doesnt seem to work, so I can´t see where it´s taking to most time.

I just downloaded the Windows toolkit and recorded a Boot test, but I really don´t know how to properly read it.
    I uploaded to this link just in case anyone could clarify: https://we.tl/t-sULW1qEhFX

Also, here is a screen shot, but it doesnt seem to be showing the actual 12 minutes the boot lasted.
    Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Slow boot time on SSD during windows logo screen [​IMG]

:)

laneo, Nov 13, 2018
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Windows boot logo,

Hi

Tried with suggested steps but not succeed,

still can see HP boot logo

Please suggest

AmardeepBhingardeve, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Slow boot time on SSD during windows logo screen

KN8 SLI harddrive booting VERY SLOW??

Check ABIT's site maybe this is resolved with a BIOS update.

Do you have other motherboards, hard drives and/or cables to test with to help isolate the problem?

For hard drives the auto setting generally does the best job unless you want to restrict the hard drive in some way (i.e. disabling DMA - why would you want to do this though...)

When you say very slow booting, can you describe it a little better for us? Which takes the longest, getting to the POST screen (lists your RAM, drives, etc.), getting to the windows startup screen, or getting into windows itself?

For a slow POST / slow windows logo, try unplugging the hard drive and see if it gets to the "please connect a boot device" text any faster.

For a slow "from the windows logo to finished booting" I would recommend reinstalling windows. Did you reinstall windows after you got this motherboard? I would really recommend it.

Poisonsnak, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Slow boot time on SSD during windows logo screen

1. Slow boot time on SSD during windows logo screen - Similar Threads - Slow boot SSD

2. No Windows logo during boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Windows logo during boot.: I have recently bought a Windows 10 pro machine and during the first it was fine but after the 21H1 update during the boot the Windows logo is not showing. The machine is working perfectly fine and the logo of the BIOS is also showing up, but not the Windows logo. Please help...
  3. Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD: Hello, I did a bunch of stuff in BIOS trying to speed things up from 30 seconds boot and now I have an even slower one. [img] Any ideas? LE: It was a one time deal, but still have around 36seconds until I can enter the Windows password. The event viewer didn't log...
  4. Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD: Hello, I did a bunch of stuff in BIOS trying to speed things up from 30 seconds boot and now I have an even slower one. [img] Any ideas? 168564
  5. Longer boot time during Windows Logo after clean reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Longer boot time during Windows Logo after clean reinstall: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/vrlu29xpto451.jpg?width=562&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ea94c697fbf58fcb195aa3db877c46f038936b27 Hi, recently I did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Home and I noticed the following difference when booting my computer: Before (fresh built,...
  6. slow boot time on ssd

slow boot time on ssd: Hi all, I know there are a wide range of posts about this issue but I couldn't find any direct solution.. I have a laptop with i7 8750h, 16gb ram and 512gb intel 7600p ssd. Boot time takes about 50 seconds, some times 40. Here is the link of Windows Performance Recorder test...
  7. Sudden slow boot time on Windows Loading screen with SSD

Sudden slow boot time on Windows Loading screen with SSD: I just noticed in the last few days that my PC takes about 2-3 minutes to boot up. It takes about 5 seconds to post and then hangs on Windows loading screen for about 2-3 minutes, which used to be around 10-15 seconds. I'm not really sure when it started. I did a test to...
  8. Boot time very slow with SSD

Boot time very slow with SSD: I have Windows 10 with the latest updates, my hardware is: i5-6600k running at 4.4GHZ and 1.3v Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD 8GB RAM Z170-HD3 RX 480 4GB I'm on windows 10 1703 My boot time has recently been extremely slow (almost 2 minutes) Interestingly Windows boot...
  9. Slow boot time on SSD (during OS loading screen)

Slow boot time on SSD (during OS loading screen): Hi! This is my first post here so greetings *Smile Recently my win 10 started booting very slow. I purchased an SSD (EVO 850) a month ago and was amazed how fast it boots, approx. 11s from cold boot to login screen. Since I mine crypto I don't shut down my PC much, I...
  10. Slow boot time on SSD and slow Desktop icons loading

Slow boot time on SSD and slow Desktop icons loading: Hi all, I'm using an Intel SSD 240GB 520 series. Always loading very fast, i.e., about 8 seconds from cold boot. Since windows 10 is installed, boot time is about 20 seconds and desktop icons take some time to refresh and load their images. Regarding the boot time:...