Windows 10: Slow boot time possibly because of the new update

Discus and support Slow boot time possibly because of the new update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need to wait like 5 minutes on the please wait blue screen. My computer is fast after booting and that problem has never occurred before. It usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MysteriousShadow__, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Slow boot time possibly because of the new update

I need to wait like 5 minutes on the please wait blue screen. My computer is fast after booting and that problem has never occurred before. It usually takes about 30 seconds to boot. I am not sure if it's related to the update but I do have some sys files such as \dxgkrnl.sys, \NDProxy.sys, and \WdFilter.sys not loaded. I did not turn on boot log before so I don't know if those files are loaded before. Also, when I run sfc /scannow there is the error "windows resource protection could not start the repair service". I have run the troubleshooter on windows update and have restored my system to a previous version, but it did not help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/MysteriousShadow__
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MysteriousShadow__, Jan 16, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 Boot times issue

The two are linked as you've observed and as I mentioned.

What puzzles me is the change after the power outage, which would suggest some form of corruption, which does not seem the case.

The other thing that can cause slow boot times are certain updates. For example this update:
    KB4100347 Intel microcode updates for Windows 10 v1803 - September 13 - Page 9 - Windows 10 Forums

So I'm now wondering if the change in boot time is actually unrelated to your power outage. Using WPR as @zinou suggests is then the next step.

dalchina, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 16, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Slow boot time possibly because of the new update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Slow boot time possibly because of the new update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Slow boot time possibly because of the new update

1. Slow boot time possibly because of the new update - Similar Threads - Slow boot possibly

2. Slow boot time with new laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow boot time with new laptop: I have an Asus Vivobook 14 M413DA which I bought in January. When it was new, it would boot to the Windows log in screen in under 10 seconds. Now it takes 40 seconds.Under Startup in Task Manager, the only items enabled are "googledrivesync.exe", "Microsoft OneDrive", and...
  3. Slow boot time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow boot time: Recently everytime I have booted up my asus laptop, the normal asus screen comes up and then the screen goes black as it should then it stays black for some time and if you move your mouse the cursor appears on the black screen and after some time the cursor icon turns to...
  4. Slow Boot Time on New Surface Book 3

Slow Boot Time on New Surface Book 3: I am disappointed to see how slow the boot up time is on my new Surface Book 3. I would not expect this on an i7 10th gen processor with 32gb ram and fast 1tb ssd. For reference this is a fresh install of Win 10 on new Surface Book 3 and from power until login screen is...
  5. Slow boot time

Slow boot time: submitted by /u/Verix- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iid2sx/slow_boot_time/
  6. Is it possible to update this laptop to Windows 10 because it is very slow?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to update this laptop to Windows 10 because it is very slow?: Or would that go even worse. Is it possible to update to Windows 10 for free? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Kann man diesen Laptop auf Windows 10 updaten, weil der ist sehr langsam?
  7. Slow boot time with new ext HDD. Help!

Slow boot time with new ext HDD. Help!: Secondary external 8TB HDD WD Mybook, adding blank screen with non flashing white underscore to boot time increasing boot time by 10+ seconds. When I unplug the HDD the whole system boots in 5 seconds or less. Things tried that didn’t work, disabling fast startup and double...
  8. Very Slow Boot Times - Possible driver problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very Slow Boot Times - Possible driver problem: Over the last or so my computer has become very slow to boot and I am unsure how to fix the issue. As it was a boot issue the first thing I did was turn on boot logging (see Boot Log below) where I noticed there was multiple drivers being loaded multiple times, so I attempted...
  9. Slow Boot time

Slow Boot time: Downloaded BootRacer as my Boot time was extremely slow. Over the past few days the Boot times have changed from around 49.578 secs to 329.593 secs despite cleaning C drive of Temp files, Disk cleaning, emptied recycle bin. Every time I try to make PC run faster, it has...
  10. Slow boot time after AU update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot time after AU update: I am using an NVME drive and used to get a 10 second boot time, but after the AU update its nearly 50 seconds. I haven't added any more programs to startup, so why is this happening. Would like to know if there is a fix. Thanks 61821