Windows 10: Slow boot time with new laptop

Discus and support Slow boot time with new laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an Asus Vivobook 14 M413DA which I bought in January. When it was new, it would boot to the Windows log in screen in under 10 seconds. Now it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GKLebak, Jun 10, 2021.

1. GKLebak Win User

Slow boot time with new laptop

I have an Asus Vivobook 14 M413DA which I bought in January. When it was new, it would boot to the Windows log in screen in under 10 seconds. Now it takes 40 seconds.Under Startup in Task Manager, the only items enabled are "googledrivesync.exe", "Microsoft OneDrive", and "Windows Security notification icon", I have disabled everything else.The slowdown started after the most recent Windows update - not sure what exactly the update affected though.

:)

GKLebak, Jun 10, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Slow boot

Hi Craig,

Boot performance may slow can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried booting up your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Jun 10, 2021
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Slow boot time with new laptop - Similar Threads - Slow boot laptop

2. Slow boot time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow boot time: Recently everytime I have booted up my asus laptop, the normal asus screen comes up and then the screen goes black as it should then it stays black for some time and if you move your mouse the cursor appears on the black screen and after some time the cursor icon turns to...
  3. Slow Boot Time on New Surface Book 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Boot Time on New Surface Book 3: I am disappointed to see how slow the boot up time is on my new Surface Book 3. I would not expect this on an i7 10th gen processor with 32gb ram and fast 1tb ssd. For reference this is a fresh install of Win 10 on new Surface Book 3 and from power until login screen is...
  4. Slow boot time possibly because of the new update

Slow boot time possibly because of the new update: I need to wait like 5 minutes on the please wait blue screen. My computer is fast after booting and that problem has never occurred before. It usually takes about 30 seconds to boot. I am not sure if it's related to the update but I do have some sys files such as...
  5. Slow boot time

Slow boot time: submitted by /u/Verix- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iid2sx/slow_boot_time/
  6. Slow boot time with new ext HDD. Help!

Slow boot time with new ext HDD. Help!: Secondary external 8TB HDD WD Mybook, adding blank screen with non flashing white underscore to boot time increasing boot time by 10+ seconds. When I unplug the HDD the whole system boots in 5 seconds or less. Things tried that didn’t work, disabling fast startup and double...
  7. Slow boot time to OS

Slow boot time to OS: As the title suggests, the load time of OS is extremely long(spinning white dots i believe), about 15-25 seconds. Which makes my boot-up time from button pressed to windows screen 50~ seconds Windows is installed on SSD, and i have another HDD connected. Troubleshooting:...
  8. Slow Boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Boot time: Downloaded BootRacer as my Boot time was extremely slow. Over the past few days the Boot times have changed from around 49.578 secs to 329.593 secs despite cleaning C drive of Temp files, Disk cleaning, emptied recycle bin. Every time I try to make PC run faster, it has...
  9. New Laptop, Disappearing Files, Slow boot

in Windows 10 Support
    New Laptop, Disappearing Files, Slow boot: I have been trying to help a friend who has just purchased a brand new Acer laptop. Apparently prior to purchase it was installed with WIN 8.1 but the small shop did a clean install of WIN 10 prior to my friend collecting and paying for the laptop. At the same time a...
  10. Slow boot & shutdown time

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot & shutdown time: 10 doesn't seem to be booting very nicely. What I mean is that it seems to be having a difficult time initilizing my SSD, so upon boot I get a blank black screen for anywhere from 60-180 seconds, where the primary drive activity LED is inactive, before it actually boots. This...