Windows 10: Slow Boot Up After Win 10 20H2 OS Update

Discus and support Slow Boot Up After Win 10 20H2 OS Update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear Community,I updated my PC to the laest Win 10 OS 20H2 Ver 19042.1466. It took 2 days for this update to install. Now when I turn on my PC it takes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by paulwayne317, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Slow Boot Up After Win 10 20H2 OS Update

Dear Community,I updated my PC to the laest Win 10 OS 20H2 Ver 19042.1466. It took 2 days for this update to install. Now when I turn on my PC it takes 5 minutes to boot up. I checked Winver and Win 10 20H2 did install and Windows updates say I'm up to date. How can I fix my PC to have my PC boot up normal within less thna one minute?Paul

:)

paulwayne317, Jan 21, 2022

2. Get Windows 10 OS, Version 20H2 Update

To,

Microsoft Community

Hi, this is Gavin. I am currently using Microsoft Windows 10 OS, Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).

I want to currently upgrade to Latest Microsoft Windows 10 OS, Version "20H2". I would like to know as if when is Microsoft expected to launch Version "20H2". Any idea or update on that.

Can i upgrade right now to Microsoft Windows 10 OS, Version "20H2", if Yes then how???

Please help.

Thanks & regards,

Gavin

GavinMathos, Jan 21, 2022
  3. scevism Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

Just done a fresh install of windows 10. Still got the same problem.
    Turn pc on from cold or a restart. Hangs on the win boot logo for a minute or so then boots in to the desktop
    cant work it out why its so slow to boot up? any ideas*Mad Slow Boot Up After Win 10 20H2 OS Update :mad:

scevism, Jan 21, 2022
  4. Jborg Win User

Slow Boot Up After Win 10 20H2 OS Update

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

Slow Boot Up After Win 10 20H2 OS Update

1. Slow Boot Up After Win 10 20H2 OS Update - Similar Threads - Slow Boot 20H2

2. Slow boot up after the bios update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow boot up after the bios update.: My laptop boot time is 7s .But after bios update it takes 9s.I can't notice any performance issues. But the boot time is increased. the problem is when on my laptop is shows the asus logo as usual but after that black screen come for 2 second and then password screen. please...
  3. Very slow Win 10 boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow Win 10 boot up: I am runing Win 10, my PC is 6 yrs old, but now it takes 4 minutes to boot up before I get my log in screen. Does anyone know how I can speed up this process, other than buying a new PC....
  4. Very slow Win 10 boot up

Very slow Win 10 boot up: I am runing Win 10, my PC is 6 yrs old, but now it takes 4 minutes to boot up before I get my log in screen. Does anyone know how I can speed up this process, other than buying a new PC....
  5. Very slow Win 10 boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Slow Boot Up After Win 10 20H2 OS Update

Slow Boot Up After Win 10 20H2 OS Update: Dear Community,I updated my PC to the laest Win 10 OS 20H2 Ver 19042.1466. It took 2 days for this update to install. Now when I turn on my PC it takes 5 minutes to boot up. I checked Winver and Win 10 20H2 did install and Windows updates say I'm up to date. How can I fix my...
  7. Slow Boot Up After Win 10 20H2 OS Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow Boot Up After Win 10 20H2 OS Update: Dear Community,I updated my PC to the laest Win 10 OS 20H2 Ver 19042.1466. It took 2 days for this update to install. Now when I turn on my PC it takes 5 minutes to boot up. I checked Winver and Win 10 20H2 did install and Windows updates say I'm up to date. How can I fix my...
  8. Slow boot up in win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot up in win 10: My laptop is Inspiron 5559, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD running on win 10 Version 20H2. My laptop is very slow to boot up I know HDD is slow but is this still normal? I already tried the steps I can find online like running chkdsk, sfc, cleanboot, fast start-up. So I searched more to...
  9. Slow booting after the OS upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow booting after the OS upgrade: Hi all, I recently upgraded my OS to Windows 10 Home N on my Dell PC having Intel i3 processor and 4 Gb of RAM. After the upgrade, the booting has been really slow. Most of the softwares lags and hangs and has been hard to work between them. Is there a way to better the...
  10. Slow Booting in Win 10 after version 1909 updation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow Booting in Win 10 after version 1909 updation.: I am using Win 10 Home updated version 1909. I dont have MS Office 10 installed but the Windows Update has downloaded and installed all the updates as on date ! Why is this so ? My laptop has also slowed down a lot after updating till 15 Dec 2019. The boot time is nearly 4...