Windows 10: Slow Boot up After Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Slow Boot up After Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Guys After I upgraded my operating system from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 through Media Creation Tool, I'm experiencing quite slower boot up than it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Preetkaran, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Slow Boot up After Windows 10 upgrade

Guys

After I upgraded my operating system from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 through Media Creation Tool, I'm experiencing quite slower boot up than it was before when I had Windows 8.1.

I have a Lenovo Y50-70 High Performance Gaming Laptop. After I press the Power button, Lenovo logo screen shows up with little balls revolving in a circle which lasts upto 10-15 seconds. Past this screen, I get Black screen with again little balls revolving (but I get the mouse cursor showed up) and it takes 2-30 seconds, and then I get the windows 10 logon welcome screen/Lock screen.

I suppose this to be very slow compared to that of Windows 8.1 which would take total 20 seconds to get lock screen.

Question is:

1) Why am I getting this black screen everytime I start my computer?
    2) Can this be due to my Discrete Graphics conflict with Intel Graphics at Windows 10 startup?
    3) If it is due to my Discrete Graphics conflict, then what is the possible solution for it?
    4) Do I have any other alternative rather than disabling my Discrete Graphics because I need it for Gaming, otherwise there is no use of having it?

Awaiting for replies.....

:)

Preetkaran, Jul 26, 2017
  2. JGusm Win User

slow boot up time after upgrading to windows 10 anniversary update

how to solve the problem of slow boot up time after upgrading to windows 10 anniversary update

JGusm, Jul 26, 2017
  3. I upgraded to Windows 10. Where are my files?

After all the problems when I upgraded my PC to Windows 10, I left my laptop happily in Windows 7. The single greatest new feature in Windows 7 was the FAST BOOT-UP. Of course, MS made the brilliant decision to abandon that feature in 8 and 10, which
    are SLOW-SLOW-SLOW. Who's responsible for these devolutionary ideas?

Mike Row Soft, Jul 26, 2017
  4. zinou Win User

Slow Boot up After Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,Many people experiencied this kind of issue when upgrading to.The delay you get before the logon screen shows up is probably due to a driver problem!Try to upgrade your drivers. Especially the graphic card and the network drivers. But try to upgrade whatever you can ...

zinou, Jul 26, 2017
  5. Thanks for a quick reply @ zinou

I forgot to write in my Previous Post that all my drivers are up-to-date, last checked 28/07/2017. Graphics Drivers and LAN & WLAN drivers are up-to-date as well, last checked 28/07/2017.

In fact, I have upgraded every driver I could upgrade to the latest version. Still the problem exists, I'm unable to find a correct solution to the problem that why is this occuring in Windows 10 as other versions of windows have never shown this...

Preetkaran, Jul 28, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Slow Boot up After Windows 10 upgrade

1. Slow Boot up After Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Slow Boot upgrade

2. Slow boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow boot up: HelloI have gaming pc with the this optionCPU: i9 12900kRam: 32 DDR5Storage: Samsung 980pro 1TBGPU: 3060 12GBMotherboard: Zsus z690-eCooling: Kraken water coolingWhy is the bios bootup is 19 sec? the ssd is in the right place.Thank you...
  3. Slow boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow boot up: HelloI have gaming pc with the this optionCPU: i9 12900kRam: 32 DDR5Storage: Samsung 980pro 1TBGPU: 3060 12GBMotherboard: Zsus z690-eCooling: Kraken water coolingWhy is the bios bootup is 19 sec? the ssd is in the right place.Thank you...
  4. Windows slow in booting up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows slow in booting up: Everything was fine unitl i installed 20H2. When i installed the feature updates my laptop started to take 5-6 minutes in windows welcome screen when i switched it on. Also my disk performance is at 100%.. I don't know if that is my problem. So I decided to reset my...
  5. Slow booting after the OS upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow booting after the OS upgrade: Hi all, I recently upgraded my OS to Windows 10 Home N on my Dell PC having Intel i3 processor and 4 Gb of RAM. After the upgrade, the booting has been really slow. Most of the softwares lags and hangs and has been hard to work between them. Is there a way to better the...
  6. slow windows boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
    slow windows boot up: about 2 weeks ago my laptop boot up time got slower. it took 20 seconds to start but now it's 3 to 4 minutes. i turned off fast start up but nothing changed except that now there is a blue screen with please wait message on it instead of empty black screen also my graphics...
  7. Slow Booting after upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Booting after upgrade: Hello,Finally upgraded to 1809 version. Thanks to the forum for all the guidance.After installing several updates and some 'tweeks' to the taste, this system boots slower then 1803 I left.Noticed in the Task Manager lot of processes running (many new), Apps-5, Background...
  8. Slow Booting after upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow Booting after upgrade: Hello,Finally upgraded to 1809 version. Thanks to the forum for all the guidance.After installing several updates and some 'tweeks' to the taste, this system boots slower then 1803 I left.Noticed in the Task Manager lot of processes running (many new), Apps-5, Background...
  9. Laptop slow to wake up after Windows 10 upgrade

Laptop slow to wake up after Windows 10 upgrade: My laptop started taking extra long to wake from sleep mode immediately after upgrading to Windows 10. The problem has persisted for several months. Startup time seems normal, and the computer enters sleep mode quickly after shutting the screen. I always choose to receive...
  10. windows 10 slow boot up

windows 10 slow boot up: Hi all New guy here,butI installed the free windows 10 and when I booted up, I could go to the bathroom, make a sandwich or just look out the window. Talk about SLOW bootup. I tried all the stuff most people talked about but SLOW persisted. Then I read about turning off...