Windows 10: Slow boot up and taskbar doesn't work the first 5 minutes.

Discus and support Slow boot up and taskbar doesn't work the first 5 minutes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, the beginning of 2019 when I bought a brand new computer. The computer had a GTX 1080, 16GB RAM, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X and a 250GB SSD and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zoomcenter, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Slow boot up and taskbar doesn't work the first 5 minutes.

Hi everyone,
    the beginning of 2019 when I bought a brand new computer. The computer had a GTX 1080, 16GB RAM, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X and a 250GB SSD and a 1TB HDD disk. The computer was really good in my opinion and there wasn't a problem with it until the beginning of this year... and the wierd thing about it is that it happend just over a night. Let me explain for ya'll.

At the beginning of January my computer started to get some problem. I remember that it was an evening, I've been at work and just got home, made som food and started my computer. The first thing I realized is that after I've entered my password it took about 15 - 30 seconds for the computer to get logged in and I could finally see my homescreen. I'm btw on Windows 10 20H2. I found that quite wierd since my computer always got logged in the second I hit ENTER after entering my password. Well, I waited the 15 - 30 seconds and the next problem appeard. My taskbar didn't load/work for some reason. The only thing my taskbar showed was the Windows 10 logo at the left bottom and the date & time to the right at the bottom, that's the only thing my taskbar showed and nothing happend when I clicked at it. The wierd thing is that I could click all the programs that appeared on my screen, the ones that i did not have pinned to the taskbar but the ones that was floating around on my background picture I hope you understand what i mean and they worked perfectly fine, the second I clicked on Firefox for example it started and I could start browsing but the taskbar was still broken, it didn't work - Until like 4 to 5 minutes later, then the taskbar suddenly started showing all the apps and **** that should be on the taskbar and the computer started to work as normal again. Well, I got used to wait like 5 minutes for the computer to fully load and start until the beginning of February when I "sold" the computer and got some money for it to buy a new one.

So today, my brand new computer with a RTX 3070, AMD Ryzen 7 3900X 32GB of RAM and a 1000GB SSD arrived. I plugged it in and the same **** is happening again!? It takes like 20 seconds for the computer to get logged in after typing my password and hitting ENTER but now, everything on the taskbar that should appear on a Windows 10 OS appears but still, when I try to click anything from the Windows 10 logo to the time and date to the little icon that appears when your connected to the internet, nothing works... But I can sure as hell open Firefox since the program isn't pinned at the taskbar. How can this happen and what's the reason behind it? I've never heard of this problem before and i don't know whats causing it.
    I did realize that my internet cable is a bit broke but can it really be that? A bit broken internet cable that causing my PC to be really damn slow?

Please I would really appreciate if someone helped and if you, the one that reading this don't know maybe you have a friend that does or is good at computers.
    Sorry if there is some words spelled wrong and if you don't understand something, please ask me what I mean and I'll try to explain it in a different way!
    It really sucks that this happend to such a new a expensive machine.

Kind regard,
    zoomcenter.

:)

zoomcenter, Feb 16, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Slow boot up and taskbar doesn't work the first 5 minutes. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 16, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Slow boot up and taskbar doesn't work the first 5 minutes. [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Slow boot up and taskbar doesn't work the first 5 minutes.

Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Slow boot up and taskbar doesn't work the first 5 minutes.

1. Slow boot up and taskbar doesn't work the first 5 minutes. - Similar Threads - Slow boot taskbar

2. PC slow the first 3-5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC slow the first 3-5 minutes: I have a Dell Inspiron 3000 with windows 10. Every time I do a cold start turn my PC on it' s very slow and takes 3 to 5 minutes to catch up speed. I have Malwarebytes which I shut down manually immediately upon starting the PC but it still takes the same amount of time....
  3. PC slow the first 3-5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC slow the first 3-5 minutes: I have a Dell Inspiron 3000 with windows 10. Every time I do a cold start turn my PC on it' s very slow and takes 3 to 5 minutes to catch up speed. I have Malwarebytes which I shut down manually immediately upon starting the PC but it still takes the same amount of time....
  4. PC slow the first 3-5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Win10 start button doesn't work for first 5-10 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 start button doesn't work for first 5-10 minutes: Whenever I switch on my sons pc all looks fine other than for the first 5-10 minutes the start button doesn't work at all ?. Afterwards its fine !?. While non responsive I can right click the task at and access that menu. Desktop shortcuts all working fine too. I have tried...
  6. 5-minute boot time

5-minute boot time: A month or two ago Windows 10 Home suddenly started taking 5 minutes to start up. It used to take a minute. Details: No performance issues after boot Most of the boot time is during "Welcome" screen 2 languages installed - English and Japanese, OS is English CPU Pentium i5...
  7. Can't use computer for first 5 - 10 minutes

Can't use computer for first 5 - 10 minutes: My computer is unusable for the first 5 to 10 minutes after it is turned on and and usually when wakened from sleep. Task manager shows memory usage at 80%+ 8Gb, hard drive usage at 90%+, and CPU usage at 50%+ AMD Phenon II X4 @ 3.0 Ghz. On a cold start, it is usually 3-4...
  8. booting up takes 4-5 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    booting up takes 4-5 minutes: After installing windows 10 booting up takes at least 4-5 minutes which is frustrating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-up-takes-4-5-minutes/c6e90396-8c19-442f-b455-15a3aa72d7d0
  9. Computer Freezes after 5 or minutes booting up

Computer Freezes after 5 or minutes booting up: My PC freezes after 5 minutes of being logged in. (Windows 10) However I can still move the mouse, click on things but nothing will happen I sometimes also get a "Microsoft windows is not responding' popup, I cant interact with that either I checked task manager and it...
  10. W10 too slow to work with after a minute of 5

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    W10 too slow to work with after a minute of 5: Hi everybody, After searching on the internet and doing some disk assignment tweaks, i still can't find a solution for my problem. My w10 was running fine every day when all of a sudden my pc got really slow. When clicking on the start menu it sometimes doesnt load and...