Windows 10: Slow Boot Up - takes time for password screen to show

Discus and support Slow Boot Up - takes time for password screen to show in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My wife has a three year old HP Laptop running Windows 10. It is used for a few hours each day for nothing more than accessing the internet and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lionwing, May 7, 2017.

1. lionwing Win User

Slow Boot Up - takes time for password screen to show

My wife has a three year old HP Laptop running Windows 10.

It is used for a few hours each day for nothing more than accessing the internet and project work for various school and church groups she is involved in.

Recently the time take to reach the password screen has lengthened. The various boot / BISO screens display but there is a pause of anything up to one minute before the password screen is displayed.

I have always done light maintenance on the such as defrags, virus scans, CC Cleaner etc so it is well looked after.

Is there anything else I can investigate to understand the cause of this prolem?

Thank you.

:)

lionwing, May 7, 2017
  2. Peace44 Win User

Windows 10 boot slowly

-I don't understand why but

+Fast Startup time : 50 sec

+Boot time: 210 sec

My last BIOS time : 3.6 sec

-Booting up splash screen shows up twice + black screen for 15-20 sec

-Welcome screen is super slow: 10 sec

-Fast Startup also has black screen but only for 5-10 sec

When i used windows 8, booting only takes 45 secs and fast startup takes 15-20 sec only

Plz help me.

Peace44, May 7, 2017
  3. BOOT

I am using windows Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063. The boot time is slow and also the time taken for lock screen to show password screen is more than 30 seconds.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Abhishek Kaushal, May 7, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

You can try to disable some of the startup items (in task manager) that have been added over time.

Here's mine for example:

Slow Boot Up - takes time for password screen to show [​IMG]

Just make sure you don't disable your anti-virus or anything else that is critical to your computer's operation.

Note that I have disabled both sound-related startups and all my sound functions still work just fine.

Hope this helps.

Good luck,

5. lionwing Win User
    Thank you...I will a take a look.

lionwing, May 8, 2017
  6. zinou Win User
    Hello,

There is a tool used Microsoft Support team to solve performance issues, it's very efficient. But need some technical skill.

If you are still experiencing boot performance, I can help to take a boot trace of your machine and then I'll analyze it.

I've solved many boot issues using this tool.

See similar case Slow Login For Domain Accounts After Creator Update (1703) : Windows10

zinou, May 24, 2017
  7. MickK Win User
    Hi there, I also experienced the long gap waiting for the sign-in box.
    After Googling and searching for any likely clues, I came on an article about Windows Defender causing problems and to disable it if you have your own virus program running. When I checked, sure enough it was on and I disabled it following instructions. ......Hey Presto the password box comes on straight away like it used to. Still a few other niggles after the big update but I'll live with them !

MickK, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Slow Boot Up - takes time for password screen to show - Similar Threads - Slow Boot takes

2. Slow Windows login password screen loadup times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Windows login password screen loadup times: I have a Celeron dual core 2Ghz laptop, with an upgraded SSD. It's been working fine for many years, however, with the latest Windows 7 updates, the login screen takes slightly more and more time, before I can actually type my x-digit numerical login password.It's not a...
  3. Slow boot time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow boot time: Recently everytime I have booted up my asus laptop, the normal asus screen comes up and then the screen goes black as it should then it stays black for some time and if you move your mouse the cursor appears on the black screen and after some time the cursor icon turns to...
  4. Boot time/wake up from sleep takes lots of time

Boot time/wake up from sleep takes lots of time: [ATTACH] Hello, I have a laptop HP Envy 15t - i7 6700HQ, model - M9U50AV which is around 5 years old running Windows 10. It has been running smoothly for last couple of years except for one issue which cropped up last year. The boot time is extremely high around 5...
  5. Slow boot up times and now a BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow boot up times and now a BSOD: Hello everyone, I recently built a new computer about 2 ½ weeks ago. Suddenly it started having boot times after it had been off for a prolonged amount of time of about 90-120 seconds. I have been attempting to troublebshoot this issue but havent been able to resolve it....
  6. Slow boot time

Slow boot time: submitted by /u/Verix- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iid2sx/slow_boot_time/
  7. Slow Boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Boot time: Downloaded BootRacer as my Boot time was extremely slow. Over the past few days the Boot times have changed from around 49.578 secs to 329.593 secs despite cleaning C drive of Temp files, Disk cleaning, emptied recycle bin. Every time I try to make PC run faster, it has...
  8. win.10 taking long time to boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
    win.10 taking long time to boot up: For the last 3 weeks or so, when i boot up w.-10, it takes about 10 minutes to start, compared to previously about 20 seconds. I use w. 10 - 64 bit - kasperskyTotal....
  9. cclean taking long time for analyze to show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cclean taking long time for analyze to show up: for the past three months cclean has taken a long time for analyze to show up bright blue when first installed it took only seconds have been using it and updating it for two years. all info greatly appreciated DME 80297
  10. Quite slow please help..booting takes time too.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Quite slow please help..booting takes time too.: I have a i5 laptop but the laptop is too slow it even takes a long time to boot...please help as soon as possible.*Smile 64096