Windows 10: Slow boot up times and now a BSOD

Discus and support Slow boot up times and now a BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I recently built a new computer about 2 ½ weeks ago. Suddenly it started having boot times after it had been off for a prolonged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by benwindu, Oct 16, 2020.

1. benwindu Win User

Slow boot up times and now a BSOD

Hello everyone,

I recently built a new computer about 2 ½ weeks ago. Suddenly it started having boot times after it had been off for a prolonged amount of time of about 90-120 seconds. I have been attempting to troublebshoot this issue but havent been able to resolve it. Last night while playing a game I received a BSOD that was caused by ntoskrnl.exe. I’ve attached a image of the BSOD details to this post. I’m curious as to whether this BSOD might be related to the slow boot times. MSI support suggested to update to the most recent BIOS to resolve the boot time issue and I did that last night after thr BSOD, unfortunately it does not appear to have resolved the boot time issue. What is odd about the boot time issue is that when I turn on the PC the GPU/RAM/Mobo will light up but my monitors and peripherals will not light up until I hit the MSI splash screen which typically takes about 90-120 seconds. What’s odd is that this issue does not appear when the PC has only been off for a short amount of time.

If anyone can help me troubleshoot these issues it would be greatly appreciated. I am currently attempting to rule out the RAM being an issue, the RAM passed a 2 hour test on Memtest86 but is now stuck at 21% with the extended Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool. Slow boot up times and now a BSOD 4d9ae8dc-051d-4e88-80ee-abe69beb2134?upload=true.png

My system parts are as follows: PCPartPicker Part List:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 3.5 GHz 16-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 72.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 UNIFY ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB 2 x 16 GB DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory

Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card

Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

:)

benwindu, Oct 16, 2020
  2. auggy Win User

BSOD during boot every other time

The Event Logs did not show any evidence of BSODs so they may not even be recorded in the Event Viewer.

At this point I might suggest to try a clean boot, restart the computer a few times, and see if the same BSODs occur:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Follow the steps for Windows 8.1. Windows Key + S opens Search

auggy, Oct 16, 2020
  3. ughhh! BSOD on boot

I guess my computer BSOD on boot right before getting to windows. not sure what the problem is though, everything is stable.

It gave me a list of two files in windows that could have caused the problems

MxPhenom 216, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Slow boot

Hi Craig,

Boot performance may slow can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried booting up your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Slow boot up times and now a BSOD - Similar Threads - Slow boot times

2. Slow boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow boot up: HelloI have gaming pc with the this optionCPU: i9 12900kRam: 32 DDR5Storage: Samsung 980pro 1TBGPU: 3060 12GBMotherboard: Zsus z690-eCooling: Kraken water coolingWhy is the bios bootup is 19 sec? the ssd is in the right place.Thank you...
  3. Slow boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow boot up: HelloI have gaming pc with the this optionCPU: i9 12900kRam: 32 DDR5Storage: Samsung 980pro 1TBGPU: 3060 12GBMotherboard: Zsus z690-eCooling: Kraken water coolingWhy is the bios bootup is 19 sec? the ssd is in the right place.Thank you...
  4. Slow boot time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow boot time: Recently everytime I have booted up my asus laptop, the normal asus screen comes up and then the screen goes black as it should then it stays black for some time and if you move your mouse the cursor appears on the black screen and after some time the cursor icon turns to...
  5. Reset my pc, boot time very slow now

Reset my pc, boot time very slow now: So I did a pc factory reset from within the windows menu. Followed a guide and deleted some partitions on a drive of mine Wich used to have 3 parts, into one. From pressing the power button to the login screen used to be about 9 seconds, now it’s over 30 secs. Then after...
  6. Slow boot time

Slow boot time: submitted by /u/Verix- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iid2sx/slow_boot_time/
  7. Slow boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot up: Hi I updated my notebook yesterday to 2004 and it now seems a lot slower to boot up, any one else have this issue and any idea how it can be fixed? I am just running these commands from a post I found on the Microsoft forum dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth...
  8. slow boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slow boot up: Hi,i'm facing an issue for about 5 month and its slow boot up of my windows 10 windows fast start up is turned on and i tried to turn it off to see if anything changes but nothing changed and it just got slower now it takes around 3 minutes to boot up while fast start up is...
  9. Slow boot time to OS

Slow boot time to OS: As the title suggests, the load time of OS is extremely long(spinning white dots i believe), about 15-25 seconds. Which makes my boot-up time from button pressed to windows screen 50~ seconds Windows is installed on SSD, and i have another HDD connected. Troubleshooting:...
  10. Slow Boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Boot time: Downloaded BootRacer as my Boot time was extremely slow. Over the past few days the Boot times have changed from around 49.578 secs to 329.593 secs despite cleaning C drive of Temp files, Disk cleaning, emptied recycle bin. Every time I try to make PC run faster, it has...