Windows 10: slow boot up

Discus and support slow boot up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi,i'm facing an issue for about 5 month and its slow boot up of my windows 10 windows fast start up is turned on and i tried to turn it off to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mohammad-98, Jun 27, 2020.

1. slow boot up

Hi,i'm facing an issue for about 5 month and its slow boot up of my windows 10

windows fast start up is turned on and i tried to turn it off to see if anything changes but nothing changed and it just got slower now it takes around 3 minutes to boot up while fast start up is on and i haven't change any other settings also there is no heavy programs to start while boot up and BIOS time in task manager is always around 4.2 to 4.6 seconds i checked my laptop's health condition and there was no problem and even power mode is on high performance but it dose not help

:)

Mohammad-98, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Slow boot

Hi Craig,

Boot performance may slow can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried booting up your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Jun 27, 2020
  3. ac1113 Win User
    Another Windows 10 slow boot up question

To Stefano

After completing the first set of steps you suggested, my boot time has now gone to 20min. slow boot up :( I am trying to get to scandisk to see if it is a disk error, but i have defragged it previously.

To Kapil,

I managed to get it to the command prompt selection, but then it just skips the request and goes in to boot mode. Do I have to run sysconfig in troubleshooting mode or can I just run it as an admin once it boots?

To Peter,

I tried everything you suggested. The slow boot up is after my reset of win10.

ac1113, Jun 27, 2020
  4. slow boot up

PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

slow boot up

1. slow boot up - Similar Threads - slow boot

2. Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...: All posted solutions do not fix the problem. Fix and reboot still required https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-to-reset-winsock-on-each-boot-up-otherwise/81b3efdf-209a-4df4-9454-3359e752ac2d
  3. Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...: All posted solutions do not fix the problem. Fix and reboot still required https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-to-reset-winsock-on-each-boot-up-otherwise/81b3efdf-209a-4df4-9454-3359e752ac2d
  4. Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Slow boot up after the bios update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow boot up after the bios update.: My laptop boot time is 7s .But after bios update it takes 9s.I can't notice any performance issues. But the boot time is increased. the problem is when on my laptop is shows the asus logo as usual but after that black screen come for 2 second and then password screen. please...
  6. Slow boot up after the bios update.

Slow boot up after the bios update.: My laptop boot time is 7s .But after bios update it takes 9s.I can't notice any performance issues. But the boot time is increased. the problem is when on my laptop is shows the asus logo as usual but after that black screen come for 2 second and then password screen. please...
  7. PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow: Hi there,I have a really frustrating problem with my pc.I have reinstalled windows multiple times and searched the whole internet for a solution and tried everything I can possibly find on already existing topics but I can't seem to find a solution.The problem is my pc boots...
  8. PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow

PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow: Hi there,I have a really frustrating problem with my pc.I have reinstalled windows multiple times and searched the whole internet for a solution and tried everything I can possibly find on already existing topics but I can't seem to find a solution.The problem is my pc boots...
  9. My Laptop is suddenly slow after boot up on one day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop is suddenly slow after boot up on one day: My laptop has windows 10 64 bit,466gb ssd with 4 gb raminitially this laptop had hdd but as it was lsow i upgraded to ssd and it was working fine but one day when booting up before booting up into os it asked to install some reader and it said press any key to continue and i...
  10. My Laptop is suddenly slow after boot up on one day

My Laptop is suddenly slow after boot up on one day: My laptop has windows 10 64 bit,466gb ssd with 4 gb raminitially this laptop had hdd but as it was lsow i upgraded to ssd and it was working fine but one day when booting up before booting up into os it asked to install some reader and it said press any key to continue and i...