Windows 10: Slow Boot Windows 10. Session Init and Winlogon Init times are high.

Discus and support Slow Boot Windows 10. Session Init and Winlogon Init times are high. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I am experiencing slow boot on windows 10. The boot time was close to 200 seconds initially when i started diagnosing it. Now, after reading few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jaysel, Aug 12, 2019.

1. jaysel Win User

Slow Boot Windows 10. Session Init and Winlogon Init times are high.

Hi,

I am experiencing slow boot on windows 10. The boot time was close to 200 seconds initially when i started diagnosing it. Now, after reading few posts here, i have manged to reduce it to 82 seconds. Thanks Zinou!

I followed this post and executed the xbootmgr -trace boot -prepSystem -verboseReadyBoot command. (High CPU when first starting the laptop). This brought down my boot time from 200 seconds to 82 seconds.

Can this boot time be reduced further? I still see high boot time in Session Init and Winlogon Init.

My config:
    Dell Inspiron 5770
    Intel i7 8550U
    1 TB HDD
    AMD Raedon 530

Before xbootmgr CMD:

Slow Boot Windows 10. Session Init and Winlogon Init times are high. [​IMG]

After xbootmgr CMD:

Slow Boot Windows 10. Session Init and Winlogon Init times are high. [​IMG]

Trace of boot 6:
    Download - TransferNow

Please have a look. Thanks Slow Boot Windows 10. Session Init and Winlogon Init times are high. :)

:)

jaysel, Aug 12, 2019
  2. lochalan Win User

Very slow boot time on Windows 10. 100+ second long Session Init boot phase

Ever since I did a clean install of windows 10 about two years back my computer has been very slow to boot on an SSD. I recently took a WPR of it and discovered the Session Init phase is taking 100+ seconds to complete.

Here is an image of the WPA screen, http://imgur.com/H9pGQ94, here are my system specs, http://imgur.com/uQb3DBV, and here is a pastebin of my following steps in Newish Windows 10 installation taking ~ 20 minutes in the pre session init phase.

The only thing that I have gathered from looking at it is that it has something to do with Smss.exe but I'm not familiar enough with WPR to be able to deduce anything else.
    Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

EDIT: REMOVETHIShttps://www.dropbox.com/s/eey6hxhagh4url6/normal.Boot_1.7z?dl=0 here is the zipped ETL file for closer inspection

lochalan, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 boots too slow during session init

It takes about 10 mins to boot Windows 10. I have used the WPA, and the result shows Microsoft-Windows-StorPort/TaskRequestTimerCall/OpCodeRequestTimerCall takes a lot of time during Session init.

Slow Boot Windows 10. Session Init and Winlogon Init times are high. ZW259.png

How can I fix this?

NekodRider, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Serge Win User

Windows 10 boot slow Pre Session Init 40 seconds Aggressive LPM

I had an issue where pc starts to boot than pauses for 40 seconds while Windows logo and dots are spinning, no harddrive activity and keyboard and mouse are powered off, after 41 seconds boot proceeds as normal. I used Windows Performance Analyser as per this post.

Investigation in Windows Performance Analyser shows Pre Session Init taking 41 seconds mostly doing idling.

Slow Boot Windows 10. Session Init and Winlogon Init times are high. AWHcl.png

Some process activity was detected at ntoskrnl.exe and ACPI.sys which led me to believe driver initialisation issues.

Serge, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Slow Boot Windows 10. Session Init and Winlogon Init times are high. - Similar Threads - Slow Boot Session

2. Slow Boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Boot time: Downloaded BootRacer as my Boot time was extremely slow. Over the past few days the Boot times have changed from around 49.578 secs to 329.593 secs despite cleaning C drive of Temp files, Disk cleaning, emptied recycle bin. Every time I try to make PC run faster, it has...
  3. Unable to play Steam Games... Sound Init Fail error

Unable to play Steam Games... Sound Init Fail error: I cannot play games on my computer that rely on files from directx 9.0. The error Sound Init Fail appears. I use laptop running Windows 10 legally purchased in the Windows Store. Can I get those files into directx 12.0?...
  4. Sound Init Fail- Steam Games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Init Fail- Steam Games: I find that it's impossible to play steam games that rely on files from directx 9.0 Is there away to get those files into directx 12.0, or a way to play my games? My computer is using windows 10, store bought and came with the software. If you can help I would appreciate...
  5. Windows cuts sound out if it has dropped below a certain volume, and there is a delay init...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows cuts sound out if it has dropped below a certain volume, and there is a delay init...: When listening to any audio on my PC, if the volume is very quiet/silent for a few seconds or more, the sound will cut out (you can hear this because the very faint hiss that comes from a silent speaker will cut out, as though the speakers aren't in use at all any more)....
  6. Windows Slow Boot Time

Windows Slow Boot Time: Recently my computer has had a slow boot time, like 4 minutes slow, and this has started in the past month or two. I've tried uninstalling programs that i never use and deleting recently installed ones, i've tried defragging my hard drive, i dusted out my pc, limited startup...
  7. Please help with slow boot time on SSD, Winlogin Init Phase, Win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Please help with slow boot time on SSD, Winlogin Init Phase, Win 10: I would kindly appreciate some help on figuring out why I have long boot times (just over a minute) on my SSD. I have tried to use Windows Performance Analyzers and Sysinternals ProcessMonitor to diagnose the problem but have been unsuccessful. The majority of the boot time...
  8. No Sound On Inital View Of Online Videos

in Browsers and Email
    No Sound On Inital View Of Online Videos: Alright, I'm not sure if this is a Firefox or a Windows issue, but when I attempt to watch online videos, whether it be Facebook, YouTube or Twitter, the video plays but there's no sound. I have to restart the video in order to hear the sound. It hasn't always been that way...
  9. vbx library init failure / acespade poker software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    vbx library init failure / acespade poker software: Was using a 2002 XP Pro laptop, and had dropped some of the acespade poker practice software in it....worked fine. No "installation" required, just grabbed it from an even more ancient Windows 98 machine, created a directory and all was well Tried to do the same with...
  10. Slow boot & shutdown time

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot & shutdown time: 10 doesn't seem to be booting very nicely. What I mean is that it seems to be having a difficult time initilizing my SSD, so upon boot I get a blank black screen for anywhere from 60-180 seconds, where the primary drive activity LED is inactive, before it actually boots. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows boot session init

2. windows session init taking a long time