Windows 10: Slow boot

Discus and support Slow boot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Windows 10 (20H2) boot time has become super slow. It is taking over a minute to get pass the Windows splash. I think it started happening a while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by litex2x, Jun 6, 2021.

1. litex2x Win User

Slow boot

My Windows 10 (20H2) boot time has become super slow. It is taking over a minute to get pass the Windows splash. I think it started happening a while back after a a big Windows update. My hardware is pretty old but it used to only take seconds. My Windows installation is on a SSD drive and everything works fine aside from the slow boot up. I've already tried the solutions you can Google. I also recorded a performance log of the boot but nothing leaps out of me.

:)

litex2x, Jun 6, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Slow boot

Hi Craig,

Boot performance may slow can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried booting up your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Jun 6, 2021
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 6, 2021
  4. ram93 Win User

Slow boot

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 6, 2021
Thema:

Slow boot

1. Slow boot - Similar Threads - Slow boot

2. Slow boot time with new laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow boot time with new laptop: I have an Asus Vivobook 14 M413DA which I bought in January. When it was new, it would boot to the Windows log in screen in under 10 seconds. Now it takes 40 seconds.Under Startup in Task Manager, the only items enabled are "googledrivesync.exe", "Microsoft OneDrive", and...
  3. slow booting and slow pc at first how to fix?

slow booting and slow pc at first how to fix?: my pc when i use it at first my pc is so slow than a old computer then when i restart my pc it will be fast againhow do i fix it without restarting over and over?...
  4. Boot time slowed down suddenly on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot time slowed down suddenly on Windows 10: Hi,I read in many articles about the benefits of DISABLING the "Fast-Startup" feature in Windows 10 , so I tried it once.As expected the startup slowed down a lot......... I was not pleased with the slow boot timings so after two days, I ENABLED it back again........... but...
  5. Slow boot up in win 10

Slow boot up in win 10: My laptop is Inspiron 5559, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD running on win 10 Version 20H2. My laptop is very slow to boot up I know HDD is slow but is this still normal? I already tried the steps I can find online like running chkdsk, sfc, cleanboot, fast start-up. So I searched more to...
  6. Upgraded Win7 to Win10 - now very slow boot-up and poor performance

Upgraded Win7 to Win10 - now very slow boot-up and poor performance: I have just done the in-place upgrade from Win7 Home to Win10 Home (version 21H1) using the Media Creation Tool and Brink's excellent tutorial, on my Samsung RF511 laptop. I was nervous not only because I didn't want to lose data or apps, but also because this laptop dual...
  7. WINDOWS 10 BOOT TOO SLOW = 4 MINUTES FROM BOOT TO WORK AREA

WINDOWS 10 BOOT TOO SLOW = 4 MINUTES FROM BOOT TO WORK AREA: I've already performed all the standard procedures suggested in the posts' responses to the same issue:Deleting compressed files;Disc Cleanning;Update via Windows Update;Download from the correct drives from the manufacturer's website;Inplace update without Windows 10 version...
  8. Suddenly slow boot time

Suddenly slow boot time: Hi everyone, first post noob here.I removed Ubuntu from my laptop about a month ago. All traces are gone from BIOS.It used to take 10 seconds from pressing the power button to the login screen before dual boot, and with dual boot, but now it takes over a minute. My BIOS start...
  9. w10 occasionally will have a slow boot up to login screen

w10 occasionally will have a slow boot up to login screen: Normally when I power up I get to the W10 login screen pretty quickly. I have a Dell XPS 8900 with I7 and SSD cache. Within the last two weeks when I power up first thing in the morning I will get a blue screen "waiting" with the swirling dots before I get to the login...
  10. NVME slow boot - Untraceable via Windows Performance Recorder?

NVME slow boot - Untraceable via Windows Performance Recorder?: Hello everyone. Since update 20H2 (W10Pro 19042.964), my boot takes about 3 minutes to enter Windows (it takes too much time to lighten up USB peripherals in load screen), using a Samsung 960Pro nvme disk (health OK). I've tried everything: uninstall a lot of startup...