Windows 10: Slow boot

Discus and support Slow boot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyonePlease I need help, in windows 7, I know it's dated but the 'starting windows logo' part takes way longer after installing a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CrackedEgg, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Slow boot

Hello everyonePlease I need help, in windows 7, I know it's dated but the 'starting windows logo' part takes way longer after installing a lot of performance and sercuirty updates, welcome part is pretty fast but starting windows takes around 2 minutes, please help. Deleting system restore points weirdly acutully made it faster by like 20 seconds. Like all programs that start on startup has been disabled.Simpliflied specsAmd phenom II x4 840500 gb hard driveATI Radeon 5770 GPUThis PC gives me pleasent fps on games, love itAny questions about these please askThank youBy the way, fresh install

:)

CrackedEgg, Mar 1, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Slow boot

Hi Craig,

Boot performance may slow can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried booting up your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Mar 1, 2022
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Mar 1, 2022
  4. ram93 Win User

Slow boot

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Mar 1, 2022
Thema:

Slow boot

1. Slow boot - Similar Threads - Slow boot

2. Hello guys my pc starting to boot really slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hello guys my pc starting to boot really slow: Hey guys i noticed my pc is starting to boot/startup really really slow this days this isnt like this before, the old one is really fast to startup but now its really old how do i fix this one i feel like my pc is on harm please help...
  3. Hello guys my pc starting to boot really slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello guys my pc starting to boot really slow: Hey guys i noticed my pc is starting to boot/startup really really slow this days this isnt like this before, the old one is really fast to startup but now its really old how do i fix this one i feel like my pc is on harm please help...
  4. Hello guys my pc starting to boot really slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop is slow, even after a hard reset, running a clean boot and running a Memory diagnostics.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is slow, even after a hard reset, running a clean boot and running a Memory diagnostics.: I can't figure out what is causing my laptop to be slow all of a sudden. One day it was acting fine, then the next, it was very laggy and having trouble opening up applications. What I have done so far:Did a hard reset. This removed all downloaded applications, but kept my...
  6. Laptop is slow, even after a hard reset, running a clean boot and running a Memory diagnostics.

Laptop is slow, even after a hard reset, running a clean boot and running a Memory diagnostics.: I can't figure out what is causing my laptop to be slow all of a sudden. One day it was acting fine, then the next, it was very laggy and having trouble opening up applications. What I have done so far:Did a hard reset. This removed all downloaded applications, but kept my...
  7. Slow booting of a laptop like a restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow booting of a laptop like a restart.: Hi from the past few days, my laptop has been booting slowly like a restart. First hp logo then the circle, then hp logo disappears and only a circle rotating,then just a moment screen. And then it boots up. I thought it was a windows problem so I installed a fresh copy of...
  8. Slow booting of a laptop like a restart.

Slow booting of a laptop like a restart.: Hi from the past few days, my laptop has been booting slowly like a restart. First hp logo then the circle, then hp logo disappears and only a circle rotating,then just a moment screen. And then it boots up. I thought it was a windows problem so I installed a fresh copy of...
  9. Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...: All posted solutions do not fix the problem. Fix and reboot still required https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-to-reset-winsock-on-each-boot-up-otherwise/81b3efdf-209a-4df4-9454-3359e752ac2d
  10. Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...: All posted solutions do not fix the problem. Fix and reboot still required https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-to-reset-winsock-on-each-boot-up-otherwise/81b3efdf-209a-4df4-9454-3359e752ac2d